Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

Nuclear Werewolf

Since I might actually have some free time during November of this year, I may try NaNo for the first time. Got a project I've had in mind for a while now, was planning it to be a novella or something like that... I should spend the next month planning and plotting, even if I don't actually "officially" participate.

Be nice to have that story done with before the year is out.

Dapper Fatcat

7,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I did it last year, and I'm planning on doing it again this year. I'm just a bit conflicted on what I'm going to be writing, exactly.
I have two ideas, one that is original fiction, and the other that is fanfiction. Personally, I feel that the concept for the fanfiction is the stronger of the two, but I'm having second thought about using it because it's not an original fiction story.

Obsessive Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Invisibility 100
I'm participating this year and know what I'll be writing too. I wanted to participate last year but I'm not great with dates so it was two weeks into November before I realized. This year will be different I've made plans and even joined the official website. I'm really looking forward to it.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Biscuit Trap
whimsicaldreamer

Is one idea more developed than the other at this point?

Probably the fantasy setting... but I'm not sure if I want to try something a little farther out of my comfort zone. I guess I'll see~

I've always found that for NaNo, being in your comfort zone is easier. I started in 2008 writing stuff that required more research than I was ready to do and was something I hadn't been interested in for a long time. But then last year I wrote a fantasy story and got the furthest I'd ever gotten (25k) smile It's all really up to you though, make sure you're comfortable with whatever you decide to do mrgreen

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I are teh Red
I did it last year, and I'm planning on doing it again this year. I'm just a bit conflicted on what I'm going to be writing, exactly.
I have two ideas, one that is original fiction, and the other that is fanfiction. Personally, I feel that the concept for the fanfiction is the stronger of the two, but I'm having second thought about using it because it's not an original fiction story.

You're allowed to write fanfiction smile But the point of NaNo is to write yourself a novel and get yourself one step closer to being published. I would be going with the original fiction but it is of course up to you smile There's still October to plan and figure stuff out!

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I might not do NaNo (I definitely will not do NaNo, nowhere near enough time) but in the spirit of the season I might make it a point to finish and have submittable something short that I've been slacking on. Zombies are still cool, right? No? Oh well.
This November will be my first time taking a serious attempt at Nano. I last year and the year before that but I always managed to find myself to busy to take time and write large quanitites. My writing has picked up again so I figured why not try Nano for the heck of it. I'm planning on using one of two ideas that have already been fleshed out in my mind for quite some time now. Hopefully nano will get the ball rolling.

I am however a little apprehensive because I'm already working on a couple of important projects that I hope to have published within the next couple of years. I don't want November to be too much of an interuption for that.

Good luck to everyone participating! Feel free to add me as a writing buddy!

Click to be a writing buddy!
cre8ive_ovadose
Biscuit Trap

Probably the fantasy setting... but I'm not sure if I want to try something a little farther out of my comfort zone. I guess I'll see~

I've always found that for NaNo, being in your comfort zone is easier. I started in 2008 writing stuff that required more research than I was ready to do and was something I hadn't been interested in for a long time. But then last year I wrote a fantasy story and got the furthest I'd ever gotten (25k) smile It's all really up to you though, make sure you're comfortable with whatever you decide to do mrgreen

Mmm, you're probably right. On the other hand, NaNo is a good opportunity to try new things, but I definitely can get more done if I'm in my usual comfort zone.

Thanks for the input! I'm sure I'll be ready by November in any case. :>

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
I'm definitely going to try to stick with NaNoWriMo this year and go through with it.
Considering that I have a home this year and a stable place, there's no reason why it wouldn't be doable.

I have lots of ideas that I want to do, but there's one that's popped into my head more recently that I've love to give a go.

I try to come up with a new idea every year, so it's more fresh.

My username is Yamimori4593 if anyone wants to add me as writing buddy~

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
I'm definitely going to try to stick with NaNoWriMo this year and go through with it.
Considering that I have a home this year and a stable place, there's no reason why it wouldn't be doable.

I have lots of ideas that I want to do, but there's one that's popped into my head more recently that I've love to give a go.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
MisdreavusPrincess

Good luck to you smile The writing buddy system doesn't seem to be working right now (they're doing the site revamp at the moment I think) but I'll be sure to add you when it's workind again smile

Timid Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
cre8ive_ovadose
MisdreavusPrincess

Good luck to you smile The writing buddy system doesn't seem to be working right now (they're doing the site revamp at the moment I think) but I'll be sure to add you when it's workind again smile

Thanks!~

Good luck to you too ^.^

Peaceful Lunatic

Klaark
I might not do NaNo (I definitely will not do NaNo, nowhere near enough time) but in the spirit of the season I might make it a point to finish and have submittable something short that I've been slacking on. Zombies are still cool, right? No? Oh well.

Zombies are still cool! biggrin Having a goal to finish something is good, so have fun with that.
I love Nanowrimo --even if I don't win it. It helps make November pass quicker for me. I always hate the winter months. I've been making notes and keep changing ideas about my story already but guess this is the time to do that before we start writing. They're supposed to wipe the boards today and start them over --can't wait! Good luck to everyone!

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
willowkat
I love Nanowrimo --even if I don't win it. It helps make November pass quicker for me. I always hate the winter months. I've been making notes and keep changing ideas about my story already but guess this is the time to do that before we start writing. They're supposed to wipe the boards today and start them over --can't wait! Good luck to everyone!

Exactly!! This is my 4th year and I'm still waiting to claim winner-ship =P It's about the fun and the friends you make and the story you find within yourself biggrin Good luck willowkat mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff