Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

Revered Nerd

PMS
Neither can I. They make me so productive.

And, yum_puddi for getting scene one done.
Go get the second one!

Morse
Well if they are due sooner than you thought, just think somewhere along the line the due date time traveled.
It does nothing for when it is due, or help you get it done, but it sounds like a good escuse.

9,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
I'm building a bookcase to house anything I want to use as inspiration and plenty of reference books, rather than having to root through draws and cupboards and goodness knows where to find what I need like last year... Ok, I'm not building it specifically for NaNo (I've needed one for ages) but it is that time of year again so I'm making sure it's finished and ready by the end of the month. As for any writing material, I've got plenty of stuff I haven't worked on for ages so I might use one of them for a starting platform next year, but I want to start at midnight and see if I can start from nothing and finish with 50k.

Wicked Nymph

19,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
. : But the stone was just the right size, to put the giant on the ground

I was originally planning on transcribing a story Ive already written (I have six notebooks filled with that story and almost 1000 written pages), but I mother challenged me to write my own story, so I've been doing research on the plot I've been preparing.

And the waves they don't seem so high, from on top of them looking down : .

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
NyteWytch: Wow, that would be a lot of transcribing! I think I'd be too lazy to follow through with that. XD Good luck with whatever you choose.

Whimsi: Me too!

Okay, so this isn't working. I got distracted by TV and now I'm sleepy (which hasn't happened at a sensible time for so long I've been taking sleeping tablets...) So now I'm contemplating doing my own 15 minute word war in an attempt to see how much of the bare bones of this scene I can get down in the next 30 minutes. ... This could go horrible, especially seeing as this writing is supposed to be "deep and literary". Will keep you (aka The Thread) posted. ninja

Revered Nerd

Weaver
Oooo book shevles. I need to get one for my new room.

And Good luck with starting and finishing.

Nyte
That is a lot, and does not sound quite as fun as writing a new story for nano.

What is this new plot you are working on?

PMS
Well at least the unsensible time is standard for Nano, so you got a head start there.

And I have been having to stay up super late because old dog (who is pretty much senile at this point and can't go up or down the stairs) yodels if she is left alone before she goes to sleep. It wouldn't be bad except that time is around two to three AM. (Going to be useful for nano, I have that time distraction free.)

Shadowy Senshi

@PMS - Congrats on the first scene, good luck with the next!

@Whimsi - Ha! I think maybe I'll pretend that it was me who accidentally time-traveled instead. Don't want to give these due dates too much credit.

Welcome to the thread Weaver and Nyte!

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Whimsi: You're right there, but my sleep schedule really needs fixing! The stress is affecting my sleep/productivity.

Morse: Thanks. It's turning out to be trickier than planned. The writing is very fragmented and because I've never written anything post-modern/supposedly intelligent before, I don't know whether what I just wrote is perfect ... or the biggest steaming pile of crap.

And I have no judge. This is the worst. I'd even post little bits here, but because it's for an academic paper I simply don't trust the internet. This could be my entire academic career on the line (*is really not being THAT melodramatic D:*) But, I've written 500 words on different fragments of chronological scenes, but because today sucks I'm going to call it a night. 1,000 down, 5,500 to go.

Revered Nerd

Morse
Sounds good then.

PMS
There is that.

I do not even know what the protocol for turning your things in is, but for my classes I turned my assignments into a website that searched for simmilarities or copying from other papers and the web. Best to be safe, and I highly doubt you are being melodramatic about your paper being that important.

That extra 500 words makes it more like a sixth than a fifth, but I am going to say it anyway. You're a fifth of the way there!

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PMS: Good luck with the writing, I'm sure it's fine. I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to post stuff on the internet.

Morse: Well, have fun with the time travel and try not to break reality too much! While I'm sure post apocalyptic me is awesome, I rather like not having scars/horrible memories.

AurinJade's Wife

i see familiar faces! i'm debating doing it this year, but 50k is almost too easy for me. and AC3 comes out at the most inconvenient time this year. how dare you come out right at the beginning of NaNoWriMo, ye b*****d.

Revered Nerd

I went to the Pre-Nano Workshop, and so my first Nano event. I feel so acomplished for it, it is rather sad.

Has anyone attended any RL events or planning to?

Muffers
Hello!
Well I could give you the challenge I decided not to do.
Stick with the exact 1667 words a day. No more no less. Unless you fall behind, then by all means write more.

AurinJade's Wife

whimsicaldreamer
Muffers
Hello!
Stick with the exact 1667 words a day. No more no less. Unless you fall behind, then by all means write more.

Aha, I wish! I'll have to do more than that, unfortunately. When I'm really feeling a scene, have to write till it's finished. But that sounds like it'd be a fun challenge for someone with more self-restraint than me! ;D

Revered Nerd

Muffers
whimsicaldreamer
Muffers
Hello!

Aha, I wish! I'll have to do more than that, unfortunately. When I'm really feeling a scene, have to write till it's finished. But that sounds like it'd be a fun challenge for someone with more self-restraint than me! ;D

I know. I am planning on doing it next year. But it probably won't happen because having to stop after a certain point would be torture.

Although you could try writing a genre you've never done before. That could be challenging. Or use another language if you know one.

Shadowy Senshi

@Nova - Fine, fine. I'll stick with this reality... for now ninja

@PMS - If you want a second opinion on things you've written I could put on my critical analysis goggles and take a look at it if you like. Maybe not as a whole but I could manage 500-1000 word segments 3nodding

Welcome back Muffers, I knew there must be oldies from the last few years still around! I'll have the same gaming problem with ZombiesU, but given my school schedule I probably won't even have time to play it. Thankfully it won't get to my hands until the end-ish of November.

@Whimsi - Once I got to know the people from my old city I used to go to most kick-off events and weekly write-ins. Made some really good friends in the process too. But I moved cities last year and haven't been brave enough to go and meet the new locals. Hope the workshop was fun!

Today I need to make a serious dent in a group project, because just as I expected, everything is due in the next few weeks gonk

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
whimsicaldreamer"
[/quote]

Apparently, my new workplace is full of NaNoers, so I'm going to be going to a lot of RL events with them. We're even setting up a couple of our own that revolve around getting drunk and writing together.

I'm really looking forward to our kickoff event though. It's going to be held in the restaurant at one of our local bookstores and our community leader is making stuffed "plot bunnies" for everyone! I'm pretty st
eotevsy8:0="whimsicaldreamer"
[/quote]

Apparently, my new workplace is full of NaNoers, so I'm going to be going to a lot of RL events with them. We're even setting up a couple of our own that revolve around getting drunk and writing together.

I'm really looking forward to our kickoff event though. It's going to be held in the restaurant at one of our local bookstores and our community leader is making stuffed "plot bunnies" for everyone! I'm pretty stoked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff