Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PMS: Yeah, I ended up not killing her (the wonders of established characters to switch viewpoints with!) but she was not a useful character anyway. Basically the one that just kind of gets tossed into the action and has stuff happening to her while the other characters have someone to explain stuff they already know to. And yeah, luckily I know what's going on for the most part with my MCs. Two of them I've written stuff for before so I have a vague idea, the other girl has a pretty established character type from other stuff, and the only other character I really haven't developed I have a vague idea of personality on.

(Also I totally have my summary up now, writing buddies~)

Whimsi: Good luck with telling them, sounds like they'll certainly appreciate it. =)

Shadowy Senshi

Gaia has also become my main home region heart Especially since I moved cities and now know no one here who NaNos and am too shy to go through the whole meeting-new-people thing again. But man, I would really love some new stickers xp

@Nove - I do want to get the new Bayonetta! I didn't get a chance to play the first one so I definitely want to play it this time around. I'm not sure if it's a launch title or not so I may wait to play it. So far the only game I've pre-order is ZombiesU which I'm sure will terrify me enough to keep me awake and writing most nights, lol. Oh, must go track down your summary!

Revered Nerd

Nova
Thanks, I am going to tell them about it tonight when they both are home.

And I do not know if I have you as one of my writing buddies, I have so many of them.

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Whimsi: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/stand-alone-origin/novels/celest-working-title

Morse: I heard ZombiesU looks pretty good. And release on Bayonetta's TBA, so it's not a launch. Bayonetta was a good game though.

Revered Nerd

Nova
Thanks, I added you.

And that plot sounds fun. Also how vague is this mention of a prophecy, aren't they already extremely vague to begin with?

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Whimsi: I feel like Zephyr's the type to say. "There's a prophecy where you totally help end their existence!" And say nothing more, so it's more vague than the prophecy itself. (Plus I haven't actually written the prophecy yet. xD)

Revered Nerd

Nova
That sounds like a cheery prophecy. Though taking in the cursed army it sounds better.

Oh I know, I am planning an arc around a folk song from Lethe, I have the tune (because that was what started it and technically music isn't prose) but none of the lyrics and if I can't make them work I have to scrap my plan for a dead dude.

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Whimsi: It'll be an even more cheery prophecy when she finds out it involves sacrificing your life to do it! (Maybe. Because it already looks really generic in summary form and I feel like having the deus ex machina required to not murder the main character would really not help, but we'll see.)

Revered Nerd

Nova
Well the drama from that should provide you with plenty of words.

Well if you want her to live, working in a way in the prophecy will be much better than not.

And pretty much any prophecy is going to look generic in summary. German word for light, even just mentioning a prophecy tends to come off a generic.
But that is why everyone loves a good (or evil?) prophecy.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Nova: Kudos on not killing your character in that old Nano. I can still remember my first Nano, where Jesus came down and killed everyone for being in such a sucky plot. cat_rofl Then she had to revive them because I still needed several thousand words to pass 50k. cat_burning_eyes

As for the prophecy, I can see how it might be difficult not having her die once it's foretold. People do like it when a character pulls through in the end, but if you've been leading up to it, it can end up like "Oh, hey, we just found this shiny thing that will let you not die. Neat coincidence, huh?" And it feels like a cop-out. o_o;;

Revered Nerd

Da Flea
I can still remember my first Nano, where Jesus came down and killed everyone for being in such a sucky plot. cat_rofl Then she had to revive them because I still needed several thousand words to pass 50k. cat_burning_eyes

Did you mistype that or did he get a sex change?

Also I discovered a way to make my song work, I can just have a line that is repeated a bunch, that way it sounds like it's ryhming when it is not and I do not have to come up with a bunch of lame/forced ones.

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Whimsi: Yeah, I have a vague plan for how to make it work. As long as I establish it soon enough that people will be like. "Yeah, okay, I can see that working." And glad your song worked out; I know I've always been afraid to make that sort of thing up because it just sounds SO bad. Same with making up place names.

Flea: That is amazing. xD

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
whimsicaldreamer
Did you mistype that or did he get a sex change?

No typo. No sex change. Back then, I usually wrote Jesus as a woman. It originated from a different story of mine, where the explanation was given that after her death, a bunch of men took things over, editing the stories to remove messages of equality and turning her into a man.

Since I already had that character, I decided to use her when I killed off my cast. *shrug*

Revered Nerd

Nova
Oh I know. It probabbly will only have a chorus that makes it into the final draft.

My place names I think are lame until I get a bunch that share a bunch of the same letters and combinations. Then I think how much of a genius it makes me look because even if I have not explained it there appears to be a pattern.

Flea
Interesting.

Dapper Rogue

8,400 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Whimsi: I've never really had to give much thought to patterns, thankfully, but they do look good if they're there.

And I know the feeling like a genius thing; I'm still sitting here super happy with myself over the fact that the story I'm rewriting now has a chapter that can be applicably named for a biblical allusion ("Through a glass, darkly," which just sounds awesome anyway) and has a character spouting off Hamlet's "To be or not to be" soliloquy in it. Nerdy future English teacher stuff, but I'm happy about it even if no one else cares. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff