Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

Revered Nerd

Airship Canon

I was planning on doing Project Ignition for NaNo, but amongst my prewriting (I want to do a topic to put up my ideas/plans so far for it (and to hype it a bit.) but ain't sure where to put that, especially considering I want return ideas, and maybe a bit of creative discussion-- and the Chatterbox will simply not do.) I realized, I'm unable to prevent myself from actually writing it... Ah well.

You could try the original stories/prose subforum. Read the sticky about what is allowed there to make sure.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
whimsicaldreamer
Airship Canon

I was planning on doing Project Ignition for NaNo, but amongst my prewriting (I want to do a topic to put up my ideas/plans so far for it (and to hype it a bit.) but ain't sure where to put that, especially considering I want return ideas, and maybe a bit of creative discussion-- and the Chatterbox will simply not do.) I realized, I'm unable to prevent myself from actually writing it... Ah well.

You could try the original stories/prose subforum. Read the sticky about what is allowed there to make sure.

Yeah but be careful with the Writers forum, they can be pretty scary, I personally don't like posting there. There's a lot of writers guilds on Gaia, if you can find an active one they're usually helpful smile I'd invite you to mine but they aren't very active, more for posting progress and such rolleyes Good luck though smile

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
cre8ive_ovadose
whimsicaldreamer
Airship Canon

Yeah but be careful with the Writers forum, they can be pretty scary, I personally don't like posting there. There's a lot of writers guilds on Gaia, if you can find an active one they're usually helpful smile I'd invite you to mine but they aren't very active, more for posting progress and such rolleyes Good luck though smile

whimsicaldreamer
Airship Canon

You could try the original stories/prose subforum. Read the sticky about what is allowed there to make sure.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Free Birds in the Sky...!
Please Give us the Truth..!
Is there Humanity on Mother Earth?!

Outside of the issue with that being that while focusing on original characters, Project Ignition is a fanfic (And a cross-over at that-- I'm doing a rather deep blending of two universes (That of Armored Core 4/For Answer (with a hint of Armored Core V in the prelude) and Muv Luv Alternative, and then using that crossover world with a bunch of new/original characters (All of the canon ML characters would be dead, and the canon ACfA characters-- Strayed is MIA, a lot are dead (thanks to Strayed), the ones that aren't are spread out (And one's gonna die near the start)...)...) I'm not too sure I could make a pre-writing topic over there.

If you keep on holding,
Holding dying flowers..!
A soft answer turns away the Wrath!!

RAIN IN VAIN!!

Shy Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
I'll be doing Nanowrimo this year smile

Celestial Spirit

Lazarus Larkin
I have this story I've been messing around with for like fifteen years (seriously, I started coming up with it when I was in middle school). I'm going to go with trying to actually hammer that out for this NaNo because I've never seriously tried to actually WRITE the thing. As such I'm not really doing anything to prepare because I've got piles of outlines and notes and place names and character family trees already.

The project I'm working on now is the same world idea I came up with back in '93 I think. It's a totally different plot now, and I've lost track of how many notebooks I've filled with ideas about it, but yeah, you're not the only one with that issue. sweatdrop
Not doing NaNo, though, just my ongoing project.

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
I have no idea what I'm going to do for NaNo again. Knowing my luck, I'll pull a plot out of my metaphorical hat again and write on that...or something.

Peaceful Lunatic

This would be the time to start preparing. I'll be there again, possibly even running a winner's thread here too, because that was fun last year. And it's my second-year as an ML, so right now, most of my prep work is in arranging a place for write-ins, discussing things with my co-ML, and trying to get my fanfics up to speed so that I can keep updating two of them during November without actually writing or editing them at that time.

Although, this year I will probably be working on unfinished fanfics to get them out of my mind so I can focus more on original works.

Revered Nerd

@Cannon

Ah.
I would go with Cre8tive's idea of finding a guild, there is probably one with what you need.

@ Miraculum

Do you have any ideas yet?

@ Rose

You could check the Script Frenzy site plot generator, they are some pretty strange (and funny) ideas but it might inspire something.

@ Ysavvryl
Good luck with MLing.
Are you planning on have an insane word count again this year?

Peaceful Lunatic

whimsicaldreamer

@ Ysavvryl
Good luck with MLing.
Are you planning on have an insane word count again this year?

rofl Of course! I don't have an exact figure yet. It'd be fun to beat my personal best of 250K, but that was a year when I wasn't an ML. My goal will probably be more like 'finish off at least two of the unfinished stories'.

Revered Nerd

Ysavvryl

rofl Of course! I don't have an exact figure yet. It'd be fun to beat my personal best of 250K, but that was a year when I wasn't an ML. My goal will probably be more like 'finish off at least two of the unfinished stories'.

I think you deserve some kind of special reward if you beat 250k while being an ML. The finish the two stories seems more reasonable.

Although this year I am going for, finish the story before December, something that I have only accomplished on one story out of all of the ones I have done for Nano. I reach the 50k mark one and want to start on the next so I do.
The past several years I've just gone in with no ideas and failed miserably, so I decided this year I'm going to spend October planning. I'm really excited...!

Revered Nerd

Biscuit Trap
The past several years I've just gone in with no ideas and failed miserably, so I decided this year I'm going to spend October planning. I'm really excited...!

I find some planning works better than none. Do you have any ideas or planning done yet?
whimsicaldreamer

I find some planning works better than none. Do you have any ideas or planning done yet?

I haven't really gotten any of my ideas down on paper (so to speak, since I'm using Scrivener), but I'm waffling between a cyberpunk or high fantasy setting as my choice right now.

Revered Nerd

Biscuit Trap

I haven't really gotten any of my ideas down on paper (so to speak, since I'm using Scrivener), but I'm waffling between a cyberpunk or high fantasy setting as my choice right now.

Is one idea more developed than the other at this point?
whimsicaldreamer

Is one idea more developed than the other at this point?

Probably the fantasy setting... but I'm not sure if I want to try something a little farther out of my comfort zone. I guess I'll see~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff