Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PMS: I think my fave might have been tramontane, because I'd never heard it before and managed to apply it to my huge, futuristic city. XD

Ysavvyrl: We did get the thread back eventually. I remember Hijinx giving out awards, but it had disappeared at the very end of November, while they archived it or something.

Ovadose: Numbers scare me. o_o

Revered Nerd

Regarding the puppy
Her name is Winki, not that creative or original but my uncle just suggested it while we were browsing all the dogs and it stuck. Plus since she is black I can call her inky Winki.

Flea
Yes the challenge. Vulcanize was the one that gave me the most trouble.
It helped me so much though, I logged on and decided where my aimless story was headed that day based on the word.

Ovadose
Is Ovadose prefferable to Cre8tive? Both trip me up typing wise.

Ysavvryl
I liked the Winner's thread. It worked just fine without prizes last year, I do not see why it really needs them anyway.

Man-Hungry Cutesmasher

Hey all!

This will be my second year of NaNoWriMo. I've already come up with a cover and title - I'm super stoked for my story. I've got all the characters fleshed out, the twists and turns of the plot, the setting - everything! Well, probably not everything. I've got most things, haha.
My username for the site is avanzero. I will definitely be looking you guys up!

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Flea: I'm not sure I got that far. xd Also, my computer crashed and deleted my reply to your PM. I'm in the middle of re-writing it, but I always hate when that happens and it makes me very sad. >_>

Random: I put a NaNo widget counter in my signature this year for the first time in like... 4 years. Even though I don't have a project yet. And the banner in my signature is for my academic fictional dissertation (which is the only sure thing in my life at this point...) Whatevs. dramallama

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Nano is killing me already. I wasted time coming up with a title and trying to think of a cover design (even though I'm not committed to doing Nano yet...) instead of editing like I meant to. Graah. I swear, my editing brain is on strike or something. >_>;

PMS: I'm guessing by the lack of PMness in my box that something else messed with the rewriting. XD

Mikael Meister's Buttercup

Dedcadent Abductee

23,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
What is this cover design you guys speak of? Do I have to have one?

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Vampiress: A cover design is exactly what it sounds like, an image that looks like a book cover. It isn't required, but the Nano site has a place to upload one. I like having a cover (and sometimes a banner and soundtrack xd ) because it makes the project feel more real for me.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I messed around with making a cover in 2010 but never came up with a design I liked. It's definitely not necessary but some people like them... I think their most important function is to fill the time when you're having a bit of writer's block rofl

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Da Flea
Vampiress: A cover design is exactly what it sounds like, an image that looks like a book cover. It isn't required, but the Nano site has a place to upload one. I like having a cover (and sometimes a banner and soundtrack xd ) because it makes the project feel more real for me.

Yeah, I always do a soundtrack, because music is just really important to me and I usually write to music smile

Does anyone know where I'll be able to find like a NaNo 30 day challenge quiz thingy this year? I have one from last year but I'd like to check out some others smile

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Flea: Yeah, this time I have no excuse for my laziness. My housemates came by as I was re-writing it, and I didn't make it back onto the internet properly for a while. XD Doing it RIGHT NOW.

I wish I had a novel idea for this year. I'm sure something will come to me, but I feel like in those moments where I'm idly not working on my dissertation or my other class projects, I should be able to work on my NaNo. But I got nothin'. sweatdrop I'd rather be able to work on it now than in a few weeks when my brain is on dissertation overload. >_>

On soundtracks/banners/covers: I love doing these. They're great fun, take up a bit of time, and sometimes even help ideas to percolate. :3

Shadowy Senshi

I have a really messy photoshop file now for my banner. It's mostly just scribbles that I need to fill in by learning to draw fire in photoshop and finding a nice background texture... this somehow turned into a learning experience.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Morse: I'm looking forward to seeing it! =D

Timid Fatcat

So listen up - this s u n hasn't set
I refuse to
b e l i e v e that it'sxo n l yxme feeling

I need a little halp.

I'm participating in NaNo this year, and I can't wait. But there's this Night of Writing Dangerously thing that I would kill to go to, but I need help fundraising. :c
Anyone willing to lend a girl a hand?

Justxh e a rxme out - i'm not over you yet
It's love on the
l i n e, can you handle it?

Peaceful Lunatic

I don't do soundtracks and covers for my works. Sometimes, there's a song or two that I think are really appropriate to a story, but that's as far as I get. But I do listen to music while writing (still have my writing Pandora station running in the background).

That reminds me that I need to figure out how to work fanfiction net's story cover feature, because someone did some awesome fanart for one story that I want to use... it's been weeks since it was offered for that xp

Revered Nerd

Glass
Almost everything is alot more planning than most people have. I wonder how much of it is going to get thrown out or forgotten once you actually start writing.
Did you win last year?

PMS
Nano about Schroedingers Cat running around with the Traveling Shovel of Death?

Flea
That is because Nano sucks you in. And your brain is not on strike, your inner editor has just decided to go into Nano mode early.

Ovadose
Maybe the games and diversion or the nano ate my soul parts of the Nano site? I have all those forums not showing so I can stay focused but it sounds like something that would be there.

Banner/Cover/Soundtrack
I love covers and banners. I usually do them in September or October after I have my planning done while I am waiting for November to arrive.
As for the sound tracks, something about music and writing never really clicked in my head and I just do not get them.

And I just came down with a nasty cold and have decided I do not like cold medicine any more than when I was a kid. On the plus side since I am sick now I should not get sick during Nano. (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff