This poll closed on October 6, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 350 351 352 > >> >>> »|

Rude's Bestie

Cat

NaNoWriMo 2004!

Official Website:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Welcome to the WF's official NaNoWriMo thread! Since NaNo is right around the corner, we're consolidating all discussion about it in one thread so it doesn't completely overtake the forum whee . Talk about anything NaNo here whether you're a vet or a newbie, and once things get rolling this will be a gathering-place for discussing stories and progress.

What is NaNoWriMo you ask?
nanowrimo.org
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

The idea isn't to write a masterpiece--it's just about getting a certain number of words out of your brain and onto the page. Be sure to check out the official website if you'd like to learn more! The forums get to be a pretty hopping place once November rolls around, so I encourage you to sign up if you're participating (plus you get a fun wordcount meter under your name eek ).

Good luck to all the participants!
God, I love NaNoWriMo. It's the only time of the year where I get a consitently large amount of writing done... sadly, I never get a large enough amount to finish the 50,000 words. But I'm still hoping for the this year.
This is the first time I've ever heard of NaNoWriMo, but it sounds snazzy. I think I'll give it a whirl.
I've never heard of NaNoWriMo, but it appears to be an awesome idea to encourage young writers. Maybe I will give it a try...
I love NaNoWriMo, but unfortunately I won't be able to do it this year. last year I tried and got as far as 150 words... pathetic, ne? I will try and do it when I'm not so busy, because the idea is amazing. Has anyone here actually achieved anything with it?
I want to this year (my first time), but I don't know if I'll have time, what with my already-begun story and homework and so on. sad I have an acceptable NaNoIdea ( whee ), too. I'll probably join, but I might not be successful.

Edit: Joined the forums. :3
I'm too lazy to. And I don't have any good enough ideas. whee

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Here we go with try number three? four? for the NaNoWriMo. Maybe I will actually get something accomplished since I always end up not able to finish because I get dragged off on a tanget about something else halfway through with my plot. The only problem I see with it is that I may have to stop doing everything else in order to accomplish something.
Well, this is my first year in Nano. I have a good feeling about this though. I just thought of a good idea for it today, hope it works. mrgreen
Durn, and I was this close to having a thread I made into a sticky. xd

Anyway, this will be my third year doing nano. My first year, I didn't make the plot vague enough, and it would have worked better as a short story. Last year, I got distracted by lots of factors and I got stopped at around 15,000 words.
But this year, I've got big idears. There are LOTS of characters, which should allow for many different situations and social interactions between all of them. On top of that, I'm setting in a futuristic, kind of post-apocalyptic world, so I will need to write a lot to describe that. --Unless I just do my usual thing where I assume the reader is, like, psychic or something, and just jump into the story without ANY explination about where or when the story is set and just end up kind of hinting at it with character's speech, thoughts and action.

And HOW is it only the 6th of October?! I can't wait until November!
My first time - I set up an account and everything. It's going to be crazy with my classes plus my activities, but hey, crazy is what I do best - just as long as I manage to keep up with my schoolwork ^_^ - I'm looking forward to it; seems like it will be quite an experience
Uhh, don't think I'm scared, (because I am!) but I can wait till November for Nano. sweatdrop I still need to think/elaborate on ideas, so I still need a little more time.

Rude's Bestie

Cat

Unfortunately I'm not going to even try and fail this year. sweatdrop I've started for two years now and get about 10k words, then have to quit and do school things. I have even more than usual on my plate this year, so there's just no point. xp
I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year! I'm a sweet little first year newbie to NaNo. I've managed to wrangle a few friends into the insanity. Though, I still have only a vague idea of what I'm going to write! Dx

I was just wondering: There's a Club and Groups board at the NaNo forum, why don't we start a Gaia thread? I think it's a good idea...
Ooh! I heard about this!! I'm excited! I totally want to try it out, get out some ideas that have been buzzing around my head for a while.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff