Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Friend

9,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
The story sounds pretty interesting! smile I think I'll have to look into it at some point. :3
Also, I saw somewhere in here that your wife is K.A. Applegate??? That's pretty epic. I just recently was gifted pretty much every Animorph book for Christmas. I was ecstatic, but this is just random and irrelevant.
I wish you good luck on your future endeavors, Mr. Grant! ^w^

I'm more of a fantasy/dragon writer, myself. 3nodding
s-nate-boy
So have u have you written any other books?
So far i Love the art i see as a search it out online
Who did the made the cover / art
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sorry i don't have the books , yet

I've written or co-written about 150 books including the ANIMORPHS series, GONE, BZRK, EVE AND ADAM. Lots of stuff.

I have almost no control over cover art. The publisher handles that.
What was the hardest thing about writing the Gone Series?
You said you did not plan the GONE series ahead of time, that events happened when you needed them to happen. With that said, was there ever a pairing in the book (Ex; Caine and Diana) that you really hoped stayed together in the end?
Briazra Jazzlyn Sparks
The story sounds pretty interesting! smile I think I'll have to look into it at some point. :3
Also, I saw somewhere in here that your wife is K.A. Applegate??? That's pretty epic. I just recently was gifted pretty much every Animorph book for Christmas. I was ecstatic, but this is just random and irrelevant.
I wish you good luck on your future endeavors, Mr. Grant! ^w^

I'm more of a fantasy/dragon writer, myself. 3nodding

Thanks. Yes, KA is downstairs right now Skyping with a classroom somewhere.

Lucky Cat

At what age did you decide to have writing be your main career? Was it something you had considered since a young age, or did you have a sort of epiphany as an adult?

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hi and welcome to Gaia ^~^

I am planning to get into your books soon (I have a huge list of books gonk but I just love reading ^^ heart ).

I *am* going to be a writer some day no questions about that. ^^ But I am going to jump on this chance to ask someone experienced like you...
1) How do you stay focused?
I always get the biggest and most important scenes of my stories figured out first, even if I try not to right then, then go back and add in the rest, but what happens is that I get impatient and the rest tends to be rather dull in comparison. My friends still say they are good but I still stay unsatisfied because I know I can do better but I have a hard time finding a way to fix it...
Do you, or even anyone here, have a suggestion for this...? ><"
Other times I just let my mind go and it turns out better but there are just some scenes that I need to add because they are important...

2) Help for general writer's block?
I have some personal tips that help me but I love finding what works for other people. ^^

3) Another problem I have often is that since it's my story and I can seen all the scenery and characters in my head I tend to forget that readers will not be directly in my head so I have to be more thorough in my descriptions at times. But how can I avoid just flat out listing or making it boring...?

If anyone has advice I would love to hear it o3o
You said that you had no control over the covers. If you had the power to, would you change them. If so what would they look like, feature, etc.?
xXCaine_SorenXx
You said you did not plan the GONE series ahead of time, that events happened when you needed them to happen. With that said, was there ever a pairing in the book (Ex; Caine and Diana) that you really hoped stayed together in the end?

I kind of thought my two main couples would stay together. I wasn't sure, but I thought they would. I didn't want to do the usual "Oh, two hot boys love me, what can I do?" thing. Romantic triangles strike me as kind of silly, but that's just me.

Agile Hunter

9,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
yellow I haven't read your books yet (sorry bout that X3) but anyways do you have any suggestion/advice for those who want to be a writer/author ?3

President Pumpkin

15,200 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Micheal Grant, I like your name. where can I learn to have a great name like yours?

Magnetic Vampire

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mr. Grant. I am a young girl who writes fanfiction currently. I long to get a series of books published for Final Fantasy. in particular the series that is Final Fantasy VII. any tips on how to get started on it? I know the order and storyline. how do I go about getting it into squareEnix and finding a publisher willing to make such a story reality? I also want to know what was your inspiration for the Gone series.

Lucky Flip-Flopper

[GAIA] Michael Grant
s-nate-boy
So have u have you written any other books?
So far i Love the art i see as a search it out online
Who did the made the cover / art
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sorry i don't have the books , yet

I've written or co-written about 150 books including the ANIMORPHS series, GONE, BZRK, EVE AND ADAM. Lots of stuff.

I have almost no control over cover art. The publisher handles that.

well they did a good job makes me want to Look for them. so ya i am Looking up your name onLine and be shour to get one book soon

Invisible Lunatic

What is the easiest way you have found to track the timeline of events in your books? How do you keep track character details as the story progresses in order to avoid inconsistencies?
(So, for and exaggerated example, someone who has a peanut butter sandwich packed for lunch during once scene doesn't end up with a can of soup coming out of their backpack in a later scene.)

Also, for fun, what time of day do you like to write (if/when you have a choice)?

Trash Genius

How did you make such a used idea, adults disappearing and a war of the youths being waged, your own? How did you create your own way of writing it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff