< 1 2

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Phyla89
Inspiration is a little overrated.

What makes you say that? Just out of curiosity.
i think real inspiration is hard to come by. you have to find something that really puts a thought in your mind and that thought is able to grow
for me that is difficult...very

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
cre8ive_ovadose
I'm someone who gets inspired by just about anything - a movie, a TV series, a book, a song, whatever. In my experience, it has only led to a lot of half-finished stories or half-thought-out plots.

Inspiration doesn't lead to that; the lack of buckling down and following through does.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
cre8ive_ovadose
I'm someone who gets inspired by just about anything - a movie, a TV series, a book, a song, whatever. In my experience, it has only led to a lot of half-finished stories or half-thought-out plots.

Inspiration doesn't lead to that; the lack of buckling down and following through does.
cre8ive_ovadose

Have any of you ever had this same kind of thing? What did you think of it? Was it troublesome or helpful? Do you enjoy the ongoing income of inspiration and ideas or do you loathe the inability to focus on a single plot?

YES! I'm listening to music when an incredibly amazing idea enters my mind and i get excited to work on it, only for it to fizzle out. Of course I do get excited, and when that happens, i jot these thoughts down so i can reread them in the future. When i know i'm working on something important, i just jot them down and focus on what's important first. when i've done what's needed, that's the only time i'll work on those ideas i've jotted down

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Happens to me all the time. I have three notebooks full of half-written sotries.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Candle Litten
Happens to me all the time. I have three notebooks full of half-written sotries.

I have a box of notebooks/sketchbooks and it's almost full sweatdrop I think it's important to keep unfinished projects though because I've found that I'll mix and match ideas when I have a major, serious project to work on. It's part of what makes writing so fun - you get inspiration from the outside world and your own past experience smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff