Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

can you help?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 22, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.

i need some info about the age where my story takes place. i have tried alta vista and google. all with no luck. and i need this to help make my story at least a little realistic. so if anyone can give me some info on french aristocrats in the 14 century id be so ever thankful.
anything would be great...... stressed
you all are so helpful.....
Woah...slow down the posting there.

I'm not sure if there were "aristocrats" in 14th century France, which may be your problem concerning Google search. Try looking for royalty. That sound closer to 14th century lifestyle to me.
ogdred
Woah...slow down the posting there.

I'm not sure if there were "aristocrats" in 14th century France, which may be your problem concerning Google search. Try looking for royalty. That sound closer to 14th century lifestyle to me.
thanks. maybe i should have a more resent time period. a few centuries later.
Interesting time period, I just whipped out my global studies book and didn't really find anything. It's all about the next two hundred years, the Renaissance and what-not. Just out of curiosity, what made you pick that time?
AT
Interesting time period, I just whipped out my global studies book and didn't really find anything. It's all about the next two hundred years, the Renaissance and what-not. Just out of curiosity, what made you pick that time?
not totally sure. i should probably make it later in time. around the later victorian ages. but im horible with time. so i dont know what certury that would be.

Hilarious Noob

2,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
In th 14th century, it was still the middle age so I don't think they were any aristocrats but if you tell me which kind of story you want to do, I'd b glad to help you 'cause I'm french so I know things about french history .
The 1300's were a time of great upheval in the East (with the formation of the Polish-Lithuanian super-state) but in the West, around France the social structure was mostly unchanging. Sure, the English Controlled several traditionally French provinces by inheritance and marriage, but no one seemed to care, yet.

But, the Aristocracy of that period where born with the idea that they were intrinsicly better than everyone else. They were spoon fed it as a child. They thrived on it as Teens. They taught it when they were adults.

Many people thought that they were "breeding" people to be great political leaders, great soldiers, and great religious leaders much in the way that they had bred dogs for specific purposes out of wolves. In this case the "Haves" didn't develop to their fullest potential (the vast majority of the time) and the "have-nots" were unable to develop because they weren't born... right... or something.

I can go into weapons and armor of the noble for the day, but reconstructing the home life is far more difficult.
The aristocrats in France were still very powerful even after the middle ages because the rennisance was just getting started in Italy, so most of it hadn't reached France. The aristocrats, like most high on the nobilaty chain would have great power within the goverment and there for over the ppl. I also want to know, who are you writeing about, a pesant, a noble, an aristocrat?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff