Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was thinking of a fantasy story for the past week.
Here's what I've thought up so far (just an idea):

The story starts out in Earth, year 7007, and all technology that existed before has completely been wiped out for years in Armageddon, and mankind have moved on like old times (swords / shields / etc, fantasy).

It shows an old woman from year 6007 predicts the final fall of man by a formidable force of evil, 1000 years from then. In the year 6067, an evil force did infact come and it completely dominated everything on Earth. The entire planet has been taken over...except for a hidden continent ... in the far south of the sea, away from darkness. Civilization has kept on this continent for a long time by a special barrier made by a dying high race to seal the good in the world away from evil. There would be no way of getting into where they were safe.

But would it last?

Soon the most gifted of all, when he turns 15, travels into the secret places that the barrier crystal is located. He is young and foolish at the time, and disrupts the barrier, or causes something to disrupt the barrier. Thus, making it easier for the evil in the world to pry itself in, sometime.

Haven't quite figured out what should happen after this, but soon figures out what he should do and sets his sails to either reform the barrier, or destory all the evil in the world.

Along the story, I thought I would have a lost futuristic city, nearly 3000 years old. The adventurers (of course there will be more people biggrin ) find themselves in this city along their journey and search the place, for they have not known what used to be of earth. Then the questions start asking......

Was it all a lie?

Was this civilization destroyed by a man on man war? Or was it destroyed by something more....great......

Anyway, I thought this would be an AWESOME story. Please tell me what you think of it so far, and what you would add.
That was kind of confusing it would be better if you put a timeline on it. Just saying so many years really drew me away from understanding. I would though say you should have reasons why the continent was not overtaken, and you would have to set some kind of historical background on what happened just before the story. Maybe make a history book with characters in it from the history and some family lines to help give characters a background. You need to have a scope to your world, because if you don't then things snowball out of control and typically break away from the reality of that world.
The years were rather confusing, but I think it would make an interesting story all in all. ^^
If you're under 16 nice going.
Otherwise it's not exactly doing the original dance is it? I mean a gifted fifteen year old main character? Prophecy? Dark lord?
I can tell you exactly what would happen next, the kid would save the planet from the dark lord, and there'd probably be a lost bit in the prophecy about it.

You don't have to stick to genre conventions so tightly. Originality is painless and fruitful.
How about the world ends, is taken over by dark lord, etc etc, young boy with limp and emotional insecurites struggles to survive, becomes an accountant, never finds his true love and dies alone and unsatisfied?
If you can't be original be realistic.
wow it sounds amazing to me! you should definately do it
How can you hide a continent? neutral
could you really hide a continent

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
It could work. I apologize for my brevity.
stare *yawn*

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
It sounds like Legend with a futuristic spin. 16-17 year old boy finding out about 'sin=world' and consequently saving said world. Not exactly original, but it could be interesting.
WhiteBalverine
The entire planet has been taken over...except for a hidden continent ... in the far south of the sea, away from darkness. Civilization has kept on this continent for a long time by a special barrier made by a dying high race to seal the good in the world away from evil. There would be no way of getting into where they were safe.

Sounds like the whole Shangri-La thing... But yeah, it could work.

Here's my opinion...

Don't make him determined to save the world, like some knight in shining armor, if you're going for an all-out good against evil war. If nothing else, that screams: TYPICAL! Make him more determined to save himself or only a particular group of people. It'll make him more human...
Sounds very interesting
Sounds kind of cliche...

Then again, so do most fantasy ideas these days.
Hmm... maybe instead of saving the world, they could escape to another world and change theird identities or something. And try to make the main character a little older, it'll make the story seem a little more mature.
sounds good to me...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces