Welcome to Gaia! ::

I_Write_Ivre
Tenshi Yaminade

Right, right, I did go off on a tangent. My bad. sweatdrop

I enjoyed it.

Tenshi Yaminade
Anyway, I see your point even though I still disagree. There are plenty of (badly written) stories about adults and immortals being together. One particularly crappy story that comes to mind is Obsidian Butterfly by Anita Blake. Ugh...horrible. Have a look if you feel compelled.

I want a refund on the time I spent reading that thing.

Shank you, shank you. ^_^ I do tend to curb my words with humor unless I'm totally serious (hence the occasional text speak or whatever they call it these days).

And omg, ikr? It's like really? Awful main character, awful line of events, use of strange things just for shock value, pisses me off that Anita Blake was published repeatedly. I'm like, "Um, do a group of 10 year old's pretending to be grown-ups read this junk?"

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Tenshi Yaminade

And omg, ikr? It's like really? Awful main character, awful line of events, use of strange things just for shock value, pisses me off that Anita Blake was published repeatedly. I'm like, "Um, do a group of 10 year old's pretending to be grown-ups read this junk?"

The series was good until the werewolves showed up. That's also where the woman lost her spine and the vampire fighting stopped.

Anxious Citizen

Just to continue to add my two cents here:

I am particularly not fond of young (very young adult/teenager) and vampire relationships. It just doesn't really much do anything for me. Most of the relationships that do pop up in my stories are between people thirty and up, which is "adult" given the average lifespans of my creatures. Certainly outside of the overtly young or teenage relationships, which tend to utterly crumple my opinion of the story, given that it is rarely done well. Perhaps the both of us are strange for erring away from such things; although mine is more dragons/nonhumans than vampires.
I_Write_Ivre
Tenshi Yaminade

The series was good until the werewolves showed up. That's also where the woman lost her spine and the vampire fighting stopped.

Meh, I guess I'm particular. She just...tried too hard to be a badass to me. Know what I mean?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Tenshi Yaminade
I_Write_Ivre
Tenshi Yaminade

Meh, I guess I'm particular. She just...tried too hard to be a badass to me. Know what I mean?

I can understand that. It's another thing I don't want to do, but that's another post for another thread.
I_Write_Ivre
Thanks. I'm just wondering if I actually am writing romance wrong.

Why would you think that?

I_Write_Ivre
I thought getting rid of *****, necrophilia and abusive stuff, I'd just be writing 'normal romance' (without age, class, culture, or even gender differences, couples still argue, deal with family, have money issues, have health issues, etc). I'm doubting that now.

Also... wut?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Maltese_Falcon91
I_Write_Ivre
e"]I thought getting rid of *****, necrophilia and abusive stuff, I'd just be writing 'normal romance' (without age, class, culture, or even gender differences, couples still argue, deal with family, have money issues, have health issues, etc). I'm doubting that now.

Also... wut?

It's odd that a romance involving a vampire can't have those problems. They have to have make abuse, ***** and necrophilia look cool.

Anxious Citizen

I_Write_Ivre

It's odd that a romance involving a vampire can't have those problems. They have to have make abuse, ***** and necrophilia look cool.

If you manage to write a romance with a vampire that doesn't stay to these conventions, so help me, I will devour it. Published or unpublished, the idea has entirely caught my attention. Definitely something I would be interested in reading, since so much of the vampire romance stays to these "tried-and-true" methods.
I_Write_Ivre

Yeah, okay. I couldn't really make sense of what you were saying before, but I get it now. ****** doesn't actually mean "someone who is attracted to someone way younger" and the necrophilia is sort of ambiguous when we're talking about corpses who are indistinguishable from living humans.

Anyway, I'd say that most people see vampires as a form for escapism. Look at Twilight, it isn't some realistic depiction of romance. It's just an idealized fantasy.
Age gaps don't bother me remotely, unless one of the participants is a child.
I don't even mean by age, because stuff like... clones that are created at a certain age but are technically less than a year old even if they're mature in attitude, that wouldn't bother me. But someone who is an obvious child with someone who is obviously an adult is just....nthx.
So yeah, vampire things don't bother me because the normal ones don't. x3

Fanatical Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
To be fair, I don't write romance. I do have two couples though: One has 2 years differences and the other has a 10 year difference but that's about it.

As for vampires: There's only one. it's a woman and she's more for the killing of innocent girls then continuing her romance with her zombie-like lover.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff