Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blood Valkyrie
Azn_Angel22
You could research how war/politics etc work and incorporate it into your writing. Often times if an author writes on something specific such as a kid with a disability, they will speak to real live sources or second person sources, or talk to doctors, henceforth the mentions at the beginning/end of the book towards those who've helped them further develop the plot

Do you know where I could find accurate information on weapons, martial arts, and injuries?

That wasn't sarcasm or anything. I genuinely don't know.

Google is a start
Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee are who I think of when I picture martial arts
And any health website will give you info on injuries

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Azn_Angel22
Blood Valkyrie
Azn_Angel22
You could research how war/politics etc work and incorporate it into your writing. Often times if an author writes on something specific such as a kid with a disability, they will speak to real live sources or second person sources, or talk to doctors, henceforth the mentions at the beginning/end of the book towards those who've helped them further develop the plot

Do you know where I could find accurate information on weapons, martial arts, and injuries?

That wasn't sarcasm or anything. I genuinely don't know.

Google is a start
Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee are who I think of when I picture martial arts
And any health website will give you info on injuries

Thankies! xD

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Blood Valkyrie
FindingJackie
Research might help you a lot, of course. Try to look at what triggered conflicts like WWII or how the people of the Roman empire reacted to the invasions. If your fictional world reminds you of a certain era or culture, I'd try to focus on researching about this and tweaking things to fit your universe. After all, researching the Crusades when you work with a polytheist people who doesn't mind worshiping multiple gods and idols wouldn't be quite as useful, since they do not have the same motives and ways of dealing with things.

Is your universe completely fictional or even fantasy? If so, you can make up a lot of it. Just try to keep the internal logic of your universe. I start with this question: why did the emperor decide to conquer so much land? Did he want resources from there, or did the other people abide by the wrong rules to him? What makes the various peoples different? It could be something as simple as being ruled by two brothers who divided the land after their fathers death, or a complete disagreement about values and the way a country should be ruled. Figure out what each people wants, and why that can't work together. I'm sure you'll find something good. smile

If you want some help working on this, feel free to pm me. I can ask questions and try to bring you further into your creative process.

Thank you! I might pm you later, if that's ok, but I don't know. Right now, I'm feeling wishy washy. :3

You're welcome! I might not give you the quickest answer this week because I'm on a deadline for a piece of research, but I'll answer at some point.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
FindingJackie
Blood Valkyrie
FindingJackie
Research might help you a lot, of course. Try to look at what triggered conflicts like WWII or how the people of the Roman empire reacted to the invasions. If your fictional world reminds you of a certain era or culture, I'd try to focus on researching about this and tweaking things to fit your universe. After all, researching the Crusades when you work with a polytheist people who doesn't mind worshiping multiple gods and idols wouldn't be quite as useful, since they do not have the same motives and ways of dealing with things.

Is your universe completely fictional or even fantasy? If so, you can make up a lot of it. Just try to keep the internal logic of your universe. I start with this question: why did the emperor decide to conquer so much land? Did he want resources from there, or did the other people abide by the wrong rules to him? What makes the various peoples different? It could be something as simple as being ruled by two brothers who divided the land after their fathers death, or a complete disagreement about values and the way a country should be ruled. Figure out what each people wants, and why that can't work together. I'm sure you'll find something good. smile

If you want some help working on this, feel free to pm me. I can ask questions and try to bring you further into your creative process.

Thank you! I might pm you later, if that's ok, but I don't know. Right now, I'm feeling wishy washy. :3

You're welcome! I might not give you the quickest answer this week because I'm on a deadline for a piece of research, but I'll answer at some point.

And if I don't pm you, I'm sorry ... I forget things. sad

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Blood Valkyrie
FindingJackie
Blood Valkyrie
FindingJackie

And if I don't pm you, I'm sorry ... I forget things. sad

Ahahah, don't worry about that. It's for you after all.
I have a hard time pulling meaning out of dense history explanations. For this reason, I usually watch movies before I do any real studying on historical stuff. Even if it's loosely based (The Kings Speech), I find it helpful. Drunk history, anyone? I've been watching some educational videos on brainpop.com and youtube, with a student I tutor and that's been a fun way of getting general information before buckling down and researching... even childish stuff like school house rock will help give a foundation quickly which will help the research stick better.

Heart Detective

Think in terms of personal problems.
Usually, when I hear about political problems, it would usually be for personal gain.
This idea aligns with the fact that she has reigned over many establishments through terror.

For what purpose?
More land for resources?

Think about the rights she's trampled on through her accomplishments.
People loose their homes, their lifestyle changes.

With more land and space to control, it is actually difficult to manage.
Little birds whisper that the United States suffers the same.

She'll probably have many enemies who want her head.
Enemies who wish her inner peace.
Enemies who will do nothing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas