Welcome to Gaia! ::

Those are some good tips. I rarely plan my characters out very much and I think planning them out more might help.
I like the guide, quite handy for those who want to write. I do somethings quite differently however, still works, but like SlasherZero said, hang on to what works.
I suppose I can see how important these steps are to a lot of people, but for myself, my mind would implode if I had to plan things like that.

I never, ever, just sit down and say, "I wanna write something, and it's gonna have this, this, and this in it." (that's a very rough way of putting things) I get the idea for a cool action/dramatic scene, and I work from there. Most of the time things get scraped after a few minutes, I almost never follow up on anything.

I've often seen writing down every little thought to be a waste of time. (again, just my opinion) I need the basic plot down before I might start fleshing things out with words. I never base characters on people I know either, not completly anyways.

For characters, names come first, then how they enitally come off to other people, and then how they look. I don't go to far into how feel on the inside unless I choose to actually start writing the story. The first impression you get when thinking the character up for the first time, I think, should be how the reader feels as well.

I normally don't like writing with a pen, it's more of a last-resort for me, and anything written is something I'm either going to forget, or have beaten into my mind so hard I'll never forget.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff