Welcome to Gaia! ::

How Many of You Write and your Parents don't know?

I write so much, and yet, my parents don't know at all!
Anyone else?
Not at all. My parent's know I write. (It's hard to miss... my room often times looks like someone took a few notebooks and blew them up. whee ) If anything, I don't think they realize how much I write. But seriously, parent's aren't as clueless as you might think. Give them a little bit o' credit.
I have to write some stuff for school so my parents know about that but I write lots and lots of other stuff and they haven't noticed. I've been doing this for over 2 years , it's what I work on everyday too. Aremy parents unobservant or what?

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
I write, but my parents hardly ever see it. That's mainly because they wouldn't get it, I'm afraid. I sometimes bounce ideas off my mom or brag about a character to her, but she never remembers after an hour or two.

Mom gets to see my poems, though. All except for the "UBER-SYMBOLICK!!11!one!!!" poem I just wrote about blood and roses, love, and some guy named Vincent who is "the grasper of your serenity," whatever the spleen that means. CW classes are scary.
I write a ton and I dont let my mom read it. But things have been happening at home lately, that its easier for me to write to her than to talk to her. We just found out in October that she has lung cancer so yeah im dealing with that and writting helps stuff flow. Ive been writing my own songs and such for a long a** time... since i knew how i supose. But yeah, i dont let her read it, i dont want her to get worried.
Of course my mom knows! And she's the most supportive parent I could ask for. She supports and encurages me, while giving me all the space in the world to be creative. She never asks to read it and always loves to help when I need it.

I heart my mommy. 4laugh
My family doesn't know I write and to be honest it's best if they don't, my writting is a way for other people to get glimps of my mind and immagination. If they saw what I wrote and how I view things there is a good chance that I'd be tossed in a looney-bin out of sheer fear. It's not that I'm disturbed or anything in real life, just how I truely feel about things seems pshycotic to those who don't know me that well ... and my family doesn't even talk to me so they would be one of those people to see me through those blind eyes.
And I suppose none of you write about deep dark deppressing things then???
Meteora_Jenova
And I suppose none of you write about deep dark deppressing things then???

I do, hence why they are viewed by most as disturbed.
My padres would freak if they saw my work. They know I wright, but I never tell them what. "Its a dairy." Is all I say. But really its violence. I have nightmares so much that I have to wright them out to make myself not afraid. That's why most of my work is angst and violence with a death or some sort of tradgy. Just two days ago, I dreamed of a school shooting, thus lead to 'Perfect' [in the orginal threads]. Another that I dare not post here is about self destruction. etc. etc. etc. That's why they don't know sweatdrop
My parents know I write, but they never get to read any of it. Why is this such a big deal, though? It doesn't really matter, but people keep asking it over and over again. stressed
finalrain
My parents know I write, but they never get to read any of it. Why is this such a big deal, though? It doesn't really matter, but people keep asking it over and over again. stressed

Rebellion? A way to lead around to how "dark" and "disturbing" their angsty-teen poetry is?
I'd never show my parents my writing - they know I do (It's pretty hard to miss a girl banging away at a keyboard for eight hours straight), but they have no idea where I've been published or what I write.

My mother would be jealous and petty, as she was once a wannabe-writer, and my father would probably start bellowing things like "HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT A CIGARETTE TASTES LIKE! My LITTLE GIRL should NOT be describing things like THIS!"
My mom is the most supportive parent I could ever ask for. She's read a few of my works, even the one with swearing, violence, alcohol, and the whole shabang, but she doesn't mind. I've said this before I think, but she just tells me that its okay to write those things because it happens in real life - 'not everything is rainbows and butterflies' as she likes to say.

As for my dad... he's read a few. He always bugs me by coming up behind me and pretending to read things from the page that aren't really there. You know, throwing in the 'f' word everywhere and describing a nasty sort of scene, then jokingly calling me a 'demented little girl'.

To be honest, I love how my parents treat my writing. sweatdrop
Actually my mom writes too so we bounce ideas off each other... she has helped me with so many ideas in my story I'm not sure where I'd be without her O.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff