Welcome to Gaia! ::

How devoted are you to your story?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

Well some of us have lives. Lives that we don't spend JUST writing, and spending that time you're not writing on Gaia does not count. I'm talking a life where you interact with people. You know, being within arms length and going places other than a computer? You guy's should try it. Take a break from writing. Give up Gaia for the most part, I'm barely on here as is.

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
I'm devoted enough to attempt to write every day and use my characters as the subject of most of my CW prompts. I'm devoted enough to see my characters as almost being real. I'm devoted enough to turn in what I have written to the CW teacher as my final project. I'm devoted enough to write 7-page bios for my characters.

I do, however...have a life. A small one, but it does exist.

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
-damnable double post-
Devoted but I don't want to force it so I do think of other things and work on it when I feel it'll flow.
I am devoted to my story, but not obsessed. I enjoy writing enough to put a good amount of time into it, although it hasn't eaten away my life just yet, and seeing as how I can't stand being stuck in front of my computer for obsessive amounts of time (hard to believe in today's world, isn't it, that someone still likes being outside? xp ), that pretty much cuts away any obsession I would have. Besides, I can only write - write well, at least - when the spirit moves me. As for devotion, I say I'm pretty darn devoted. I have been working on one project for five years now, and I don't plan on stopping until it's done and I am satisfied with it. Do I daydream about it when bored? Of course. Do I find myself thinking of whitty plots in the shower? Unfortunately. But do I have fun with it, and do I enjoy it? Yes. And I think that's what's important. 3nodding
Thirteen years Missie DuCaine?

If your profile is accurate, I find it hard to believe you've been writing a novel since you were 7 -.-;;;

Anyway, as for my stories, poetry, and the various novel attempts I have begun, I am hopelessly obsessed, constantly considering which writing I will work on next, what characters to revise, what quests these characters can go on, etc., etc. Sadly enough, one character I have created (a lackluster Elven Bard by the name of Jea'Zer Fawn who has found himself lost in numerous adventures against his will) has followed me into real life...after reading a few of his stories to friends, ppl will exclaim, "This story is an autobiography!"

...although its not... xp
I obsess more about copleting and perfecting my stories than anyone I know.
im really really obsessed
most people say im addicted to writing

my math teacher says ' you need to stop all that damned writing in my class'
xp i hate her . ''I need to get this damn story finished. I love it and all, but I can only work on one story at a time. That means I have a serious backlog of ideas.''
As with a bunch of people who have responded, I have been working with the same characters for five years. I'm not obsessed, but at the same time I have a hard time dreaming up ideas for stories post-Twilight... its tough. I have one random story going outside the series, and a 20 years later story that is connected to the series but that's it. I daydream about my characters sure, but its not an obsession. I wish that one was a real person because he really is the ideal guy... but that;s part of the reason that I like writing him so much.
I think I'm devoted to my stories, only at the beginning though. at the end, i just don't know how to end it.*thinking:so many uncompleted stories*
I can't even BEGIN to tell you how many homework assignments I've blown off, projects that waited till the last minute, and forgotten outings with friends to get my story Tales of Destiny done...and it's still in the making. I'll wake yp in the middle of the night with a whole scene in my head that I'll have to add in later, and I won't stop until it's done (or until I get another breakthrough idea, in which I'll have to divide my time between them and drive myself nuts)
I'm absolutely obsessive about my stories from start to finish. I write during every free minute I have (when I'm not on Gaia). wink
I spend a lot of time on it but not always. I'm sometimes in the author's block. stressed
I don't know if it counts as totally obsessed. I just want to see where my characters grow to. They are really intersting to me, and i'm just begining so I haven't had that much time to beat out the details. I am rather shy about sharing my work. I write for me and my close friends. Every since they read it they have helped by giving me ideas. Although one of my friends is hell bent on having at least one gay couple...
Totally obsessed? Maybe. *shrugs* As for the guy who said get a life? Kain Odium I'm looking at you. My writing and my children <i>are</i> my life.

Once the kids are off to school, the house picked up a bit, I sit at my computer and begin writing. Why? Not just because I'm obsessed but because I'm <i>dedicated</i>. I want to make a career of writing and a writer I respect (danged if I can remember who, stupid faulty old age memory) said that in order to be a writer you must treat it like any other job. You do it for eight hours a day at least 5 days a week. I do.

Am I published? No, not yet. But someday I might be. I'm dedicated to pursuing that goal. As for spending too much time on Gaia? I come here about 3x a week. No more.

Life is what you make of it. Snarking at people for making writing theirs says you need to take your own advice and get one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff