Welcome to Gaia! ::

How devoted are you to your story?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 >

How devoted are you really? Do you spend every waking moment dreaming of what you could do with your characters? Have they become a device with which everyone identifies you? Or is it some fleeting thing that flickers into your mind every so often? Please, tell.
Quote:
How devoted are you really? Do you spend every waking moment dreaming of what you could do with your characters? Have they become a device with which everyone identifies you? Or is it some fleeting thing that flickers into your mind every so often? Please, tell.

I'm not sure why you would want to know this but, I'll comply...

Am I devoted? Yeah, How much? Enough to know when to write and when to eat and sleep. I've developed a health balance now. I've never dreamt of my char.s, daydream, not dream (Big ol' difference there!) No, people don't identify me by my characters, that would be silly (In my own eyes) Being that I'm busy lately, any serious writing has to be put on hold. Being that I do fiction writing at university, I'm still writing to a steady pace. No sense in rushing something you want to be good. wink

Are we happy now, I know I can be smug/rude/annoying etc sometimes!! sweatdrop
I'm extremely devoted to the novel that I've been working on for four years. The characters, which go back to games that I used to play with my friends when we were younger, are even older than the tale itself. I have a series planned around it as well, so I'm constantly dreaming up new plotlines to work in and new characters to introduce. Considering the amount of work I've put into this thing, being obsessed with it is the only thing that keeps me going. Otherwise, I might have given up on it a long time ago, like I have done with so many of my ideas.
I picked 'nearing obsessive'... sweatdrop ^^.
Quote:
I'm extremely devoted to the novel that I've been working on for four years. The characters, which go back to games that I used to play with my friends when we were younger, are even older than the tale itself. I have a series planned around it as well, so I'm constantly dreaming up new plotlines to work in and new characters to introduce. Considering the amount of work I've put into this thing, being obsessed with it is the only thing that keeps me going. Otherwise, I might have given up on it a long time ago, like I have done with so many of my ideas.

Wow, four years! Kudos to staying so amazingly committed. I'm nearing about the two and a half year mark for my favorite story, and I must say it's difficult to keep going.

People don't know me by my story, although some of my old friends have annoyed me with disbelieving my page count (Erm, for two years or so, two hundred pages is actually not a lot...so I don't know why you'd subtly accuse me of exaggeration) which is possibly why I'm so private and secretive about. I'm terrified someone's going to tell me it's stupid. Anyway, I don't dream about them, but I do daydream more than I ought, although lately my committment's really been slacking. I'm worried, but I've come this far - just got to finish the job, right?
Yes and no.

Yes, as in I do dream/daydream about my characters, and fill books with drawings of them.

No, in that I work on so many stories simultaniously, I think I would go insane if I obsessed over them all. biggrin
Quote:

Wow, four years! Kudos to staying so amazingly committed. I'm nearing about the two and a half year mark for my favorite story, and I must say it's difficult to keep going.

And here I thought I was doing a bad job because I've been working one novel for thirteen years...
Hehe......Well, I love to write, but I always get side tracked, or can't think of anything. I do think of what to write next, but I can't seem to get it on paper soon enough! sweatdrop
Quote:
Quote:

And here I thought I was doing a bad job because I've been working one novel for thirteen years...

No, you're actually amazing. I, however, need to get this damn story finished. I love it and all, but I can only work on one story at a time. That means I have a serious backlog of ideas.
I've been on one book for two and a half years now, and plan to continue it until I die... which might be how long it takes to finish it. I get distracted by everything else in my life, unfortunately, but my novel is the one thing I keep coming back and back to. Heheh... I actually am identified by my story. The main charrie, who was based off me, went full circle from becoming my opposite, to becoming me again in another form, and so that's what all my friends call me. I'll work on other stories, but then give up on them or put them on hold for a few months.
I dunno somtimes
xp
I think about my stories and characters a lot. I'm always thinking about new plot ideas and whatnot, while I'm walking to school, while I'm feeding my fish, while I'm going to sleep... whenever I have a spare moment to think, you can bet that's what I'll be thinking about. Though it's funny, I spend probably two to three times as much time thinking as I do writing. Maybe because it's easier and faster to think than it is to write? I don't know... sweatdrop

One thing I like to do is make and dress avatars that look like my characters. That's always good for hours of fun. If I could draw people, I'd also draw my characters a lot, too. But I can draw inanimate objects, so I draw their stuff instead... sweatdrop Meh, it works. Once I also dressed up as my main character. That was fun. whee
Actually, I spend the majority of my time thinking about my story's characters and planning what should happen to them next.... and thinking how new plot ideas could be relevant to it.... I think I'm turning obsessive, guys.
I'm only devoted to be writing when I'm in the middle of a novel, but usually I'm not. smile redface
I'm helplessly devoted to my writing. Sometimes I treat it like a child, I poke and prod until I see fit. Although I do spend most of my time, daydreaming on what the next chapter would turn out like, more ideas to throw in the story, adding complexity and so forth. (Which earns me more than a few scoldings in the attention section of my classes.) Even if someone flames or criticize it, I just go on. I love each story like it's my own. =3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff