Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is good unless there are zillions of love triangles involved. Just wondering if anybody else enjoyed this category and had ever tried to write one. It's easy to avoid the research but it is fun though especially picking a decade you like. Anybody?
*jumps up and down* Me! Meeee! blaugh I love historical fiction...but I disagree with you about research, it's imperative to a good HF novel. I always feel so...ashamed when I realise one of my facts is incorrect. sweatdrop But yeah, I'm writing about the (American) Civil War (as...many people know) currently, and it seems like most people like fantasy better. sad Thank you for making me think that There Is Hope. smile

Wheezing Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
StrawberryDelite07
Is good unless there are zillions of love triangles involved. Just wondering if anybody else enjoyed this category and had ever tried to write one. It's easy to avoid the research but it is fun though especially picking a decade you like. Anybody?

eek well, if it's as complicated as Tolkien, i get lost half way along and as i read and people and past events pop up at me, i tend to be "ahhhhh eek yesh...... i'm sure..... sweatdrop " and i just keep going, hoping my mind buys my lame excuse.

surprised but yes, to more directly answer your question. i simply adore historys. they make a world alive. i can't begin to tell you the importance of history. just look at our own race. you'll get a pretty good picture from that.
I also love HF, and the novel I'm writting is based around The Terror, The Napoleonic Wars, and subsequent failed revolutions in France and extending into Canada and San Francisco. (And Gernsey and Jersey)
Historical fiction never feels realistic to me. In general they all share the same storyline, and turn out the same. Boring.
chimeratoadie
Historical fiction never feels realistic to me. In general they all share the same storyline, and turn out the same. Boring.

Then you're reading the wrong ones. wink
StrawberryDelite07
Like any other genre, that can be good or bad. I'll read one if it's about and looks good thought the majority of "historical fiction" my library stocks is Mills and Boon in disguise so I tread carefully.

I'm currently writing a story set in the second world war on the home front. I researched it at a glance, I didn't have time for in-depth research as I'm working to a deadline for a contest biggrin Research is critical though, otherwise you might as well write a fairy tail.

Tipsy Lover

I think history itself is dull, so I don't read historical fiction.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff