Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
this is the first line to my story and i don't like it. I want to change it but my brain as stopped working
please help

In the dark of the night a woman sat on a tree branch, with her head tilted up to the heavens as the rain gently touched her soft skin. Her eyes were closed, as she tried to get her breathing back to normal.

Thanks
I like it, you've been working on spelling and grammar I see.

How have you been? Is this part of the story you were working on before?
I think it's really nice. I think that it would be even better if you made it really descriptive. Picture it in your head and just write out everything you see and then make it your beginning paragraph maybe? sweatdrop I think that's really good though.

4,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I've been fine you.

No, this is apart of a short story i wrote a year age. Its finished, i just changing some of the wording. Its called Weakened Blood at the moment.
Winter_tears
I've been fine you.

No, this is apart of a short story i wrote a year age. Its finished, i just changing some of the wording. Its called Weakened Blood at the moment.

I've been great, I only have five more chapters to write for the story I sent you! I haven't heard from you in a while. What's going on?

Quotable Informer

4,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The darkness of night filled the sky as cool drops of rain cut through the darkened sky, the light of the moon reflecting off the smooth surface of the rain as they fell on her face tilted up towards the sky here eyes clamped closed as her chest moved up and down rapidly. She tried to make herself relax and bring her breathing back down to normal, , as the cold drops fell splashing there cool liquid on her skin.

I duno does that help

4,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Felinix
Winter_tears
I've been fine you.

I've been great, I only have five more chapters to write for the story I sent you! I haven't heard from you in a while. What's going on?

Yeah i know i've been busy, sorry. I've been looking for a second job, but i have read your more of you story its good.

4,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Llaw
The darkness of night filled the sky as cool drops of rain cut through the darkened sky, the light of the moon reflecting off the smooth surface of the rain as they fell on her face tilted up towards the sky here eyes clamped closed as her chest moved up and down rapidly. She tried to make herself relax and bring her breathing back down to normal, , as the cold drops fell splashing there cool liquid on her skin.

I duno does that help

Thats is good real, and you just can help with that. Yeah it does help, gives me some ideas thanks biggrin .

Quotable Informer

4,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Winter_tears
Llaw

I duno does that help

Thats is good real, and you just can help with that. Yeah it does help, gives me some ideas thanks biggrin .

anytime biggrin

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
It makes me think of far too many "Fantasy RPs" I've seen, where the main character is introduced sitting in a tree. Have you ever thought about how hard it would be to sit comfortably in a tree? Not many trees grow just right so that one can not only climb up out of harm's way, but be comfortable as well as safe.

4,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Raincrow
It makes me think of far too many "Fantasy RPs" I've seen, where the main character is introduced sitting in a tree. Have you ever thought about how hard it would be to sit comfortably in a tree? Not many trees grow just right so that one can not only climb up out of harm's way, but be comfortable as well as safe.

Well i got i idea form my friend, and he fell asleep in a tree and he looked very comfortable. He sits in the tree to think, so i don't think its that bad. I used to have a tree that was very comfortable to sit until it was cut down.

And a another thing she but up there to be comfortable, she waiting for her old love to kill him.

Celebrating Lover

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
I like it...but it's the second sentance that makes me want to keep reading.

Rude's Bestie

Cat

You have a sentence. There is no way you can start trying to revise yet! gonk If you do, you'll never finish the story. Just get some words down and move on. You can go back and change things and refine later. whee
Winter_tears
this is the first line to my story and i don't like it. I want to change it but my brain as stopped working
please help

In the dark of the night a woman sat on a tree branch, with her head tilted up to the heavens as the rain gently touched her soft skin. Her eyes were closed, as she tried to get her breathing back to normal.

Thanks

I think you don't like it because is sounds so 'old hat' Start off with something that is interesting to the reader. Consider my version as nothing more than a suggestion...

'A young woman rested in a tree trying to clam her breathing. She shut her eyes so the heavy raindrops could continued to run down her face.'

Don't be to flowery with your language now, I mean, it's just a few sentences leave the poetic description to for the middle.

4,025 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
clarion
You have a sentence. There is no way you can start trying to revise yet! gonk If you do, you'll never finish the story. Just get some words down and move on. You can go back and change things and refine later. whee

no i am done and thats what i am doing is revising it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff