Welcome to Gaia! ::

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I have a cool story, but I can't finish it!! I've been writing and revising it for 3 years, rewriting, adding to, ect... and I can't think of an ending!! Help!! It's already 600 pages long. my main charactor has already faced down eight opponents, and she's tired...

Quotable Autobiographer

6,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Just don't add ANOTHER opponent- Eight is too many already. I'd say you should end it quietly, with her realizing something about herself, or her friends/family, her life in general. Something insightful to combat all that... combat you had earlier in the story.
This isn't the sort of thing you can ask other people to do for you. You just need to decide on what to happen.

Here's a good way to look at it. What's the story's mood? What sort of ending would suit that mood? Based on what's already happened thus far, would it fit to have the character get just inches away from her goal and then, say, trip and fall on her own knife?
Well she or he can destroy them and u can write that she or he die having a sad ending and a happy ending that the ppl in the city or country made an statue to honor he or she.

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I've tried to kill her before, but it didn't work... I ended up having her spend a couple of months recovering in some hermits hut on the hill. I think I should just retire her, but that seems to easy.

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
AstralGuardian
Well she or he can destroy them and u can write that she or he die having a sad ending and a happy ending that the ppl in the city or country made an statue to honor he or she.

That's a good Idea... I could do that
have her get defeated, and then she understands that winning isnt everything, and is ultimetly happier.
*grin* As much as I love my characters, I also throughly enjoy killing them off.

Try it, it's fun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces