Welcome to Gaia! ::

What kinda writing thing should I do?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 13, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3

Thanks people...I am starting to plan out the book (that was similar to hp) thanks all!
It really depends on what you like writting. I love writting adventure, horror and some magic. You can combine all three into what you really want to write. Me, I prefer to read horror.
Write about anything that interests you, or maybe you could write fantasy. I mean, I know it's hard to make something up by scratch, but maybe you could get ideas from other stories, but change the plot....it worked 4 me.
write what calls to you, whats inside of YOU. it will only be good if its you.
...you only had 14 pages? sweatdrop
magic and fantasy always intrests me
A lot of peoplr who write have characters that seem a little two alike to ones of another book. I have the same problem xd . I myself have heard that before writing something like Harry Potter you should write about things you know and characters that relate to your life. For example if you are a person who is out-going and kind yet always seem to make to make the wrong moves in life give your characters that personality because then it will seem more realistic and YOU can relate to it and know what you are talking about. Unless you own a magic wand and have friends named Ron and Hermione don't write a story about them. Also I don't think people can tell you what genre to write about you should choose that for yourself. Sorry if I seem rude I don't mean to be redface .
just try to think of your own ideas!

Ornate Snowfriend

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I am in the middle of a story which has a blend of many things that have inspired me. I take my life experiances and twist them and have my characters react to them, sometimes in ways that I wish I could in real life. There is nothing wrong with being influenced with something else. After all life is all about being influenced and that is what makes it worth while. Keep writing and Do keep the stuff you may not think is good... You never know when a part of a story may not be right for what your writing at that point but can fit somewhere else... But if you distroy it then you won't have it to call on and you'll regret it. Keep writing!
All I can say is that, if your works sound like someone elses, that is in most cases inavoidable, considereing there is nothing new under the sun. If your works are someone elses then you have a problem.

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Right a LOT of small stuff first. It doesn't even have to get published. just write a lot of short, 1-2 page stories that YOU like. then, ask people what they think of them. This, aside from a long walk in nearby nature, is one of the best ways to shake off a writing problem, whether it be writer's block or something else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff