Welcome to Gaia! ::

JulieGoHome: Hard Rock

There was once this old homeless old lady that would frequent the bus stop's bench that i would pass by every morning on my way to my boyfriend's house. This lady was feared by most of the locals, not that I could blame them or anything. She dressed herself like a 15 year old grunge girl straight out of the 90s, she had tattered overalls, white shirt stained long ago stained yellow and a scary bandanna under a backwards cap to boot! She always had some sort of mp3 player in one hand and a tape recorder in another. She would loudly babble to herself, sometimes reenacting a boot camp scenario, screaming out militia formations and other times pretending to be two different bickering small children trying to pin the blame on one another. She always had a can of ice tea on her, always.

One snowy evening, I, Julie, finally decided to investigate. It had really start to come down, but she was still there, on the bench, twirling her drum sticks, but never actually banging them on anything. Her headphones were in as usual and she was gingerly rocking back and forth mumbling to herself. I thought to myself, "What are you thinking, Julie? This is the kind of s**t that ends up on the news the next morning! 'FEMALE ADOLESCENT'S BODY FOUND IN LOCAL DUMPSTER LATE LAST NIGHT'". But I couldn't help myself, I was just too damn curious! I stood there, not more than six feet away, shivering, about an inch of snow had covered by boots. I took a step forward and then another and finally, I was sitting down next to the urban legend. Even though there was no one around and the last bus had departed at least an hour ago, she remained, this was her home.

I sat there and listened to her argue with herself. After a good four minutes, I was completly done being subtle and I found myself all, but gawking at her. Suddenly, She caught wind of me being in her air

i want to end it by the old lady trying to get her to air guitar to one of her old band's song and having her have some sort of euphoric flash back and seeing her deceased band mate's again. then having Julie promise she'll come back tomorrow evening, same time, so they could jam again. Julie would then forget about her the next day until much later into that night, suddenly remember and scurry to the bus stop only to find that the old lady and her bags were nowhere to be found..

suggestions on how to go about that anyone? smile

Distinct Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
I like the premise you already have... Perhaps she could incorporate Julie into the hallucinations(?) she has and then invite her to do what she's doing. That's what I think, at least. This is kinda interesting! Would love to read more.

(Side note: The "i" in the first paragraph should be capitalized.)
Phantasm1313
I like the premise you already have... Perhaps she could incorporate Julie into the hallucinations(?) she has and then invite her to do what she's doing. That's what I think, at least. This is kinda interesting! Would love to read more.

thanks so much! biggrin
yeah, that sounds really neat in a bizarro kind of way... maybe i could do a visual segment for that part!

Distinct Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Jeff Caramel
Phantasm1313

thanks so much! biggrin
yeah, that sounds really neat in a bizarro kind of way... maybe i could do a visual segment for that part!

Sounds good to me smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces