Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hrmm, writer's block is a pain, but I find that two things are very helpful

1.) Leave whatever it is you're writing alone for awhile, don't work on it, but make sure to be writing as much as you can on the side (maybe some short stories, or poems, anything that involves writing in a serious manner) and then come back to it, you may have found what you needed over the time, but never stay away from a project too long or you may wind up abandoning it.

2.) Watch lots of movies, anime, play video games, draw, look through pictures, read books, magazines, listen to music, anything at all that you can find to inspire yourself.
SlimmerCat
Gah, suffering extreme writer's block. I have a great urge to write, yet I know not what to write! Any solutions to writer's block?

a bottle of Absynth, sugar cubes and a lighter. that'll fix any problem.
I have the same problem, well the writer's block issue. I have so many ideas yet I have no idea how to write them, how to start and just get my thoughts from my mind to the piece of paper, well microsoft word that is. I feel that of all the writing I've done, fanfiction wise on my FF.N account, I've only written one amazing story which was a HieixKurama one. I would like to start writing again, but when I try I just sit in front of my monitor staring stupidly into the white screen.... it's one of the worse things ever to have writer's block especially when you have ideas and stories that you've been wanting to write forever but just can't.
ummm i donmt know, maybe watching somethin or somethin
...Hm....Well I usually just start typiing and what comes, well...its usually nonsense, but then I get an idea from reading it...
Writers block is so evil! When I experience the block I usually go into a rage and, well, break pencils and disks and whatever else I can find, and then usually before I destroy the computer itself, the block solves itself, somehow and some way... sweatdrop
Oh, dude. You know what works?

Food, music, and video games.

Have all at once, and that's even better!

But don't stress out. Just let your artistic mind flow down the river of creativity. Don't try to control the river..... let it flow.
Ugh writers block can be terrible, I once had a block on me for an entire year, I wrote some things but it lacked my usual flair, it was horrible, then one day I started writing and all of a sudden I had a plot and now I'm planning a novel.

Best thing I can reccommend is to write anything, don't worry about spelling and grammar, that can be fixed later, just let your mind go and soon you'll be writing something great.

Wheezing Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
gonk that's exactly me right now. but i think it's my lack of effort, that i cannot take the time to straighten out the jumble of mess in my head. too many ideas, relatively similar, but no motivation to organize and chisel away at them to get a solid idea.

sweatdrop i think, in the past 6 months, i've officially given up trying.

eek my only suggestion to you is to pick up some classical, timeless pieces of work that you haven't read before, watch some extremely thought provoking, inspiring films, get ahold of some moving music, and then MAKE yourself write, whether you want to or not.
I have total writer's block as well! xd whee xp I am trying to publish a book...AND write two Fanfics requested by some friends! I only have like 6 pages worth of my book done...and I only have a prolouge done for the Kakashi fanfic...and I haven't even started the Saiyuki one! BAH!!! STRESSSSSSS!!! gonk crying

Chatty Dabbler

Usually when I'm in a writting mood, I try to get as much writting done as possible. But I've never had lack of ideas... Heh. But I'd say just randomly ask somehow for a subject. Then, no matter how random it is, try to build a plot around it.
I distract myself for a while. Usually, if I get writer's block, by thinking about how miserable having writer's block is, it get's worse because I get stressed out. Usually, though, if I'm writing several things at once (RPs for example) I'll get stuck with one and not others. If that happens, just focus on the stuff you can write, and leave the blocked one alone. It may take a day or a week, but it works for me eventually.
or leave it rest for a while. often you get inspiration on very.....strange moments. Don't try to force it, just sit down and think. dreams are a good source of inspiration too.
Write whatever comes into your head. Just open a document and type, it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it, just keep the fingers moving. It helps if you can type faster than you think, as then you can usually by force of habit include useful things like line breaks and punctuation.
Gah, suffering extreme writer's block. I have a great urge to write, yet I know not what to write! Any solutions to writer's block?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff