Welcome to Gaia! ::

Here is what I have so far.

I woke up, startled from the banging on our front door. I quickly get out of bed, running downstairs and stopping mid-way. Seeing my mother at the front door, opening it cautiously. My little sister stood behind me, watching with curious eyes. I can never forget this night, with the horror in her eyes, and her shallow breaths.

Mother greets the stranger, and there was a gun shot. I saw the bullet fly out of the back of her head. My sister ran upstairs, into her room. I followed, locking her door and throwing her bed against it. I go for the window and open it wide. It was raining outside, ad it would be too dangerous for us to jump out.

"Elisa." I whisper her name, calmly. She looks at me in fear, but acknowledges my words. "We need to get out of here." She nods her head and looks at the window. She knows that can possibly be our deaths, so she looks at her feet.

We were quiet for a minute and waited awhile, trying to listen to what's happening out there, but there were to be no noise. I walk to her door and move her bed out of the way. I open it a crack and peeked through it.

That's all I got! What did you think?? : DD

Shy Fatcat

I find myself wondering a few things, who would hesitate to jump out of a window when there's someone armed in the house, who just killed their mum, and what kind of idiot would peek out the door with a psycho out there? neutral

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
My family owns several different houses that we rent out. None of them lacked backdoors, so I'm confused. Are they in an apartment?

Wouldn't her head explode from the bullet before it exited? (Not a gun expert, so I'd need this explained to me).
Aniima
I find myself wondering a few things, who would hesitate to jump out of a window when there's someone armed in the house, who just killed their mum, and what kind of idiot would peek out the door with a psycho out there? neutral

Idk lol.
I_Write_Ivre
My family owns several different houses that we rent out. None of them lacked backdoors, so I'm confused. Are they in an apartment?

Wouldn't her head explode from the bullet before it exited? (Not a gun expert, so I'd need this explained to me).

Depends on the gun
I_Write_Ivre

I'm not a gun expert, but I do know a bit. Shotguns and rifles would cause the head to explode due to the speed and force of the bullet. A handgun, however, would leave both the exit and the entrance open. Of course, the only way I know of to actually survive this is if the bullet manages to lodge somewhere in the skull itself. Also, most of this depends on angles as well, but to save a huge explanation, I'll leave it at that.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre

I'm not a gun expert, but I do know a bit. Shotguns and rifles would cause the head to explode due to the speed and force of the bullet. A handgun, however, would leave both the exit and the entrance open. Of course, the only way I know of to actually survive this is if the bullet manages to lodge somewhere in the skull itself. Also, most of this depends on angles as well, but to save a huge explanation, I'll leave it at that.

It wouldn't be a clean wound, though, like one form an arrow, would it?
Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre

Depends not on the type of weapon you're using, but the calibre of that weapon. A .44 Smith and Weston Revolver would certainly pass straight through someone's skull, and would leave a rather large entry and exit wound (moreso the exit wound than the entry; the force of the entry would essentially blow open the back of a skull); a .22 calibre Remington rifle would probably bounce around in your skull without an exit wound. Likewise, a 9mm Glock would tend to bounce around a person's skull, destroying the brain, but would most likely not have an exit wound; a .223 rifle would tend to blow a big hole in a person's skull. This all depends on the size and weight of the bullet itself and its initial velocity, not so much the type of weapon you're using.

With a Shotgun, it would depend on the shells you're using. Slugs, particularly used for big game hunting, would definitely leave a huge exit wound, possibly exploding a skull. 32s, however, are usually used for bird hunting, and wouldn't do much more than enter the skull and possibly bounce around in someone's head. 3s or 4s are possibly the lowest amount of pallets required to blow a skull wide open.

Angles really only come into it when getting down to the finer details.

EDIT: my only problem with your story is that you wouldn't see a bullet "fly out" of the back of a person's head. Generally, the velocity of a round is very, very fast. The human eye sees at roughly 30 frames per second, and misses a huge amount of detail when looking at something. Focusing on your own mother being shot, despite the fact that her skull and brain would have reduced the velocity of the round, would result in you missing the detail of the exit of the round, and in any case, even if you did see the round, your brain would most likely not have time to process the image.
I_Write_Ivre
Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre

Not at all. I've heard gun-wounds can be the messiest.
Lord Denning
Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre

Depends not on the type of weapon you're using, but the calibre of that weapon. A .44 Smith and Weston Revolver would certainly pass straight through someone's skull, and would leave a rather large entry and exit wound (moreso the exit wound than the entry; the force of the entry would essentially blow open the back of a skull); a .22 calibre Remington rifle would probably bounce around in your skull without an exit wound. Likewise, a 9mm Glock would tend to bounce around a person's skull, destroying the brain, but would most likely not have an exit wound; a .223 rifle would tend to blow a big hole in a person's skull. This all depends on the size and weight of the bullet itself and its initial velocity, not so much the type of weapon you're using.

With a Shotgun, it would depend on the shells you're using. Slugs, particularly used for big game hunting, would definitely leave a huge exit wound, possibly exploding a skull. 32s, however, are usually used for bird hunting, and wouldn't do much more than enter the skull and possibly bounce around in someone's head. 3s or 4s are possibly the lowest amount of pallets required to blow a skull wide open.

As I stated before, I'm no expert. I'm not even well-versed. You seem to have a wealth of information on the subject, so you may be able to help user Ivre understand better.

Quote:
Angles really only come into it when getting down to the finer details.

Perhaps angles was the wrong word to use. Direction would most likely be better. Front, back, side, and the position of the shooter was more along the lines of what I was trying to say.

Invisible Codger

SuperrFagz
Aniima

Idk lol.

You need to know.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre
Saffron Bunny
I_Write_Ivre

Not at all. I've heard gun-wounds can be the messiest.

'Explode' was the wrong word. There'd definitely be a mess, possibly on the kids.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff