Welcome to Gaia! ::

I adore the fantasy genre, I love the novels by David Eddings, Robin Hobb, Terry Pratchett and well I have lots of favourite authors and can't remember them all. I used to love Phillip Pullman, until I read somewhere that he doesn't even like the fantasy genre...it dissapointed me, because it seems as if he only wrote his books in fantasy because it was a popular genre...which is something no good writer should do...
I highly recommend that you guys read The Last Dragon Lord and Dragon and Phoenix, both by Joanne Bertin. They have adult content, though, so don't pick it up if you can't handle that sort of thing. It's absolutely amazing work. The plot is extremely intricate, which is so wonderful to see in an age of simple novels.
One of my favourite authors writes Fantasy. RA Salvatore, infamous creater iof one of the most well known Fantasy charactors ever, Drizzt Do'Urden.
No one's said Terry Goodkind?! He kicks a**. Wizard's First Rule. Yea. The title doesn't sound so interesting. But believe me, if my friend hadn't introduced it to me... I would be remained ignorant to this author's greatness. *still in awe* It's awesome.
Just one of my favorite fantasy novels would be "ice and fire" by Gregory Studds! Hes the BOMB! domokun

Rude's Bestie

Cat

Y'know...I write fantasy and consider myself a fantasy fan, but really dislike most of the authors mentioned in this thread. neutral

At the moment I'm re-reading Louise Cooper's Indigo series. I finally got hold of the last couple of books but it's been so long since I read them I decided to start at the beginning again.
Gotta love that fantasy. Definitely my favorite genre to read. blaugh
Aria_Kailani
Have any of you ever read Robert Jordan? He is a really complex fantasy author. He has like, 11 books in one series and they are each around a thousand pages long.... its insane, and makes Tolkien look like Dr. Suess. xp

I LOVE fantasy, though I suck at writing it. Its just fun in my opinion to immerse yourself completely in the world of....well...stuff that ain't gonna happen. sweatdrop

I love Robert Jordan! And that series would be The Wheel of Time. I'm only on the 9th book but the newest one that came out is actually a prequel. Its the story leading up to all the other books. I definatly recommend reading them even though they are long the stroy goes by fast leaving you wanting more. biggrin also there are alot of plot lines. some are obvious some are hidden and only become clear about 200 pgs later. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff