Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, thanks for that. I used to have quite a stash of these, but cleared them out some time ago, and this one looks handy. They're not perfect, and some of them put too much emphasis on trivial things, but I like using them as something to help me flesh out a character. They shouldn't be too heavily relied upon, but I think for some people they can be a useful tool.
that's so awesome! thanks
This is really useful. I never know much about my characters, and this helps me organise my thoughts. Thanks. smile
*drool* Must... complete... NOW!!!! I'm actually excited for so much detail. Thanks very much.
Just because you say it's stupid doesn't mean I'm going to stop filling out character sheets. Nor should anyone stop what they do just because someone says it's stupid.

And I'll throw mine up here for the hell of it. I took out some questions because I didn't feel like answering them. XD

Quote:
Character Chart
Character’s full name: Samantha Danielle Cysso [maiden name: von Donner]
Reason or meaning of name: The name that her mother picked out for her, and she got her last name from her husband. ‘von Donner’ means ‘of Thunder’ and Donner is where her father’s ancestors came from.
Character’s nickname: Main Nickname: Sammy. Pet Names: Sam, Sammeh, Sammich, Sammish, Samster, and others that her mother made up for her.
Reason for nickname: Sammy is what she prefers to be called, and her pet names are little nicknames that her mother (and her friends) like to call her.
Birth date: February 2nd, 1985

Physical appearance
Age: In real time, she’s 23, but at the start of the story she’s 22.
How old does he/she appear: Maybe a little younger.
Weight: 101 pounds.
Height: 5 feet, 1 inch
Body build: Ectomorph
Shape of face: Round
Eye color: Light blue
Glasses or contacts: Contacts
Skin tone: Pale
Distinguishing marks: Her scars/moles/other distinguishing marks are in places that can’t be seen (her foot, her thigh, etc.)
Predominant features: Her eyes.
Hair color: Light brown with dark-pink-dyed forelocks and tips
Type of hair: Straight
Hairstyle: Very long (down to her thighs), but layered.
Voice: A young sound, bubbly and somewhat squeaky
Overall attractiveness: She’s cute and pretty, but not sexy.
Physical disabilities: Has bad eyesight, but she wears contacts.
Usual fashion of dress: Whatever she wants to wear. Usually a regular t-shirt and jeans.
Favorite outfit: Her orange jacket and blue scarf, along with her baggy, black pants.
Jewelry or accessories: Sometimes wears necklaces, but not often.

Personality
Good personality traits: She gets along with people, loves meeting new people, selfless, and stands up for herself and the ones she loves.
Bad personality traits: Stubborn, a bit hypocritical at times, gets fired up by the smallest taunt, and reacts before she thinks. She also curses A LOT when she gets really mad.
Mood character is most often in: Relaxed and happy.
Sense of humor: She has a great sense of humor; will laugh at almost anything
Character’s greatest joy in life: Her family and her friends
Character’s greatest fear: Losing her loved ones
Why?: She was convinced for over a year that her husband was dead, when he wasn’t.
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil?: The death of any of her family or friends, especially her husband or mother.
Character is most at ease when: she knows that she’s done something good
Most ill at ease when: someone’s in danger
Enraged when: taunted and teased over a flaw or a mistake of hers, or someone’s in danger.
Depressed or sad when: she feels all hope is lost
Priorities: Graduate from college, make sure her family is happy, get an actual career other than working at a coffee shop, defeat Nightmare.
Life philosophy: “Never worry about how much you have, how much you don’t have, or how much you want. As long as I’m with my family, nothing else matters.”
Character’s soft spot: Love
Is this soft spot obvious to others?: Yes
Greatest strength: Her love for others, and the love she gets in return.
Greatest vulnerability or weakness: Taunting and teasing.
Biggest regret: Falling in love with Zack
Minor regret: Not studying for a test she failed
Biggest accomplishment: Saving the world (WHOO HEROISM)
Minor accomplishment: Graduating with the 3rd highest grades in the class
Past failures he/she would be embarrassed to have people know about: Nearly killing herself
Why?: She wants people to believe she is strong, but she nearly killed herself because she was unable to fight against mind manipulation from the antagonist

Goals
Drives and motivations: She wants to best she can be, so she works to her fullest potential.
Immediate goals: Graduate from college
Long term goals: Publish a novel
How the character plans to accomplish these goals: Study a lot, do well with her grades, and start working on the novel

Past
Hometown: Tabloid Town, Netwaff (yes, alternate universe)
Type of childhood: An interesting one. Sammy only knew her father for a few years until he and her mother divorced, and mother was left alone and young to raise four kids, not to mention have a second illegitimate child. However, Sammy’s mother was strong (and had some help with a housekeeper and Sammy’s grandparents), and she and her siblings were able to live a somewhat-normal childhood. Sammy was an innocent soul, but she knew of the evils of the world. In high school, she met Ery Sablones, who (for some reason that was kept to himself), bullied her and tortured her until he finally drove her to insanity. Sammy nearly killed herself, but Ery found out and begged for her not to. She didn’t, as he was graduating in a month, and she then realized that she was just experiencing for herself what the world was like. Since then, Sammy stood up for herself in all situations, and she wasn’t innocent anymore. She graduated Tabloid High School as a mature young woman, but still retained some youthful ways. Sammy met Luke Cysso a few months before she graduated, and before she went off to Jade University, he proposed to her. They married a year and a day after they first met.
Pets: None
Most important childhood memory: Rivalry with Ery
Why: Explained above.
Childhood hero: Her mother, Ryder.
Dream job: Famous novelist
Education: High School, Bachelor’s, working on her Master’s.

Present
Current location: Jade, Netwaff
Currently living with: Luke and Bellatrix (daughter)
Pets: None
Occupation: Working at the ‘Bloid’s (coffee shop), and working on her novel

Family
Mother: Ryder Olivia Knight
Relationship with her: Ryder and Sammy sometimes consider themselves more as best friends or sisters, rather mother/daughter. Ryder and Sammy were always extremely close to each other, and Ryder loves spending time with Sammy.
Father: Thomas Benjamin von Donner
Relationship with him: Sammy never spoke to Thomas after the divorce.
Siblings: elders: Crystal Raito-Knight, youngers: twin siblings Xavia von Donner and Daniel von Donner, Heather Grey-Knight
Relationship with them: After Crystal moved out, she fell out of contact with all of the family, and Sammy sometimes talks with Xavia, Dan, and Heather.
Spouse: Luke Cameron Cysso
Relationship with him/her: Loves him more than anything else in the world. She would do anything for him.
Children: Bellatrix Evangeline Cysso (born May 2nd, 200 cool , Helena Ariel Cysso (birthdate undetermined)
Relationship with them: She loves them just as much as she loves Luke.
Other important family members: Grandfather; Stefano Knight. Grandmother; Leona Knight. Father-In-Law: Matthew Cysso. Cousins-In-Law: Kaitlin and David Cysso.

Favorites
Color: Dark pink.
Least favorite color: Yellow.
Music: Electronica
Food: Ice cream
Literature: Mystery novels
Form of entertainment: Music
Expressions: “Well, s**t.” “You’re hilarious.” (sarcasm alert) “Holy Anubis!”
Mode of transportation: Walking
Most prized possession: Luke (ONETWOTHREE AWWWWW)

Habits
Hobbies: Writing, singing, dancing, composing music.
Plays a musical instrument?: Piano/Keyboard
Plays a sport?: Track
How he/she would spend a rainy day: Writing lyrics or a story
Spending habits: Bargain hunter, but sometimes buys expensive things
Smokes: Nope
Drinks: Sometimes
Other drugs: Nope
What does he/she do too much of?: Sex
What does he/she do too little of?: Eating
Extremely skilled at: Writing and singing
Extremely unskilled at: Drawing
Nervous tics: Her lip quivers and her hands shake.
Usual body posture: Standing up straight.

Traits
Optimist or pessimist?: Optimist
Introvert or extrovert?: Extrovert
Daredevil or cautious?: Somewhere in between.
Logical or emotional?: Emotional
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat?: A little bit of both
Prefers working or relaxing?: Relaxing
Confident or unsure of himself/herself?: Unsure
Animal lover?: Yeah, except she’s allergic to dogs and cats

Relationships with others
Person character most hates: Nightmare and Fear
Best friend(s): Ryder, Ery, Kait, Luke, and Zack
Love interest(s): Luke and Zack (gasp! Love triangle!)
Person character goes to for advice: Ryder and Luke
Person character feels responsible for or takes care of: Ryder (as silly as it sounds, it’s true. Because Ryder had to grow up pretty quickly, she can be really immature now that she’s gotten to her later years)
Person character feels shy or awkward around: Lady Jade
Person character openly admires: Lady Jade
Person character secretly admires: Ery
Most important person in character’s life before story starts: Zack
After story starts: Luke

Oh, and for the record, I've BEEN writing the story. These are just things to make use of my procrastinations.
yup, i c wat u mean by EXTREMELY detailed, ill stick w/ da simple NAME, AGE, one. but good job. it must have taken 4eva 2 make dat!
wow. I haven't filled it out yet, but I sure plan on it, definitely useful
gosh this is hard
MajKai Nis rides again
here's a fact:
characters are only what they do in a story.

here's a fact:
characters only do what the story is.

and there's the period on top of all your "responses" of which i didn't bother reading more than the first sentence. you're not plugging s**t in. you're creating a whole. if you do not accept this as fact, immediately reexamine your process.

do not bother responding to this if you can't come up with something better than "lol ur chrctrs mus suk."

Honestly, the spaces are most annoying. We don't need five enters in between lines. Did you intend to put a picture there and it just didn't work out, or are you distracted by other lines and thus (I don't even know the word: double spaced but five times.) have to do that. Seriously, this edit is how it should have looked. Right well, now to argue: biggrin

Let me explain something to you. You, as an individual person, do not like these character sheets. I myself don't care either wayy, but I CAN see the value in them. Some people need to see things spelled out in plain words in order to fully comprehend them. In these instances, writing an effective character would require a plain and simple character sheet. Then they can refer to all of the things on it. With my character, I can discover random facts that, given the right circumstance, will help define my character through writings. These aren't meant to replace the writing, but complement and add to its effectiveness. I respect your opinion not to use one, and if that works for you (which I seem to doubt, since even I, with my almost crazy memory skills, forget details about my characters) then fine. But not everyone can do that, and it's pointless to type on your keyboard such caustic and, honestly, annoying bullshit. Your entitled to your beliefs, and we are entitled to ours. If you don't like it, well you're SOL, because your stupid, pointless, almost negligible argument won't change anyone's opinion.

There, I believe I have thoroughly ripped your argument to shreds *dusts hands off and stretches.* So was that: "lol ur chrctrs mus suk."

PS: Anyone who types like that in this forum will get several third degree burns, so if you didn't already know: DON'T!!!!
The Real Kain
CountEroica
MajKai Nis rides again
just because people do something doesn't make it a good idea

The utilitarian philosopher John Stuart Mill would highly disagree with you there.

The human race would have to highly disagree with you, and agree with Maj.

>.>; Are suggesting that I am J.S. Mill? Alas, he is long dead, although he still feels the need to plague Philosophy students.
^_^ No one ever agrees with anything he says.
First of all I don't use these things for character creation; I just filled in. That means all of you who are going out of their way to put this stuff down can go sodomize yourself with an iron stick. I like doing things related to my story. The fact that I have my character thought out well enough to fill this out is a good thing. It means there is detail in his character to a very fine degree. Also, if people do need these things to make a realistic character big deal. What makes our way of just writing any better than their planning things out.
Quote:
fact

Quote:
Character Chart
Character’s full name: Genis Derrins
Reason or meaning of name: I just liked the first name and the second goes with it well. (I think)
Character’s nickname: None
Reason for nickname: Not really a light hearted story
Birth date: May 7 529 AB (My own dating system Annus Bellum aka 529th year of the war)

Physical appearance
Age: 15(beginning) 18/19 rest of the novel with flashbacks
How old does he/she appear: 15, 18
Weight: 157 lbs
Height: 5’ 11”
Body build: Slender
Shape of face: Medium between angular and round
Eye color: Emerald Green
Glasses or contacts: no
Skin tone: fair
Distinguishing marks: none really
Predominant features: Eyes
Hair color: Brown
Type of hair: See below
Hairstyle: Shoulder length Straight
Voice: Average for a male of 17/18 (the voice of Ed Elrich is who I would get to play him)
Overall attractiveness: 7 (1 being ugly 10 being really hot)
Physical disabilities: None
Usual fashion of dress: Comfortable traveling closes
Favorite outfit: Green tunic, gold under shirt, light brown pants, brown dress shoes
Jewelry or accessories: Necklace (at first), Sword (rest of the novel Jian style)

Personality
Good personality traits: Brave, Intelligent, Can be charismatic when he wants, Honest, Clever, Determined
Bad personality traits: Slightly whiny, Vengeful, Impulsive, A little moody, stubborn
Mood character is most often in: Fluctuates a lot. Hmm, most often I guess would be angry or confused
Sense of humor: Sarcastic
Character’s greatest joy in life: Fighting, Hunting
Character’s greatest fear: Toss up between the past, being alone, and failing
Why? Afraid of what he’s done or what he’s forced away from memory, He doesn’t have anyone left, and he doesn’t want to let anyone else down. (respectively)
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil? When he finds that he is responsible for the death of his parents. (The death itself too)
Character is most at ease when: With Rayne
Most ill at ease when: He has to account for what he’s done
Enraged when: He feels powerless
Depressed or sad when: He has to leave the ones he cares about
Priorities: Avenge his friend, protect Rayne and Sarah, Make things up to Alec and Ben
Life philosophy: “I will live out my life my own way and do what I can to make things right”
If granted one wish, it would be: One more chance to have everything right again.
Why? His intentions never quite carry out the way he wants them to
Character’s soft spot: Music (or rather people who can make music/sing)
Is this soft spot obvious to others? Not particularly
Greatest strength: Ability to manipulate certain amounts of rock.
Greatest vulnerability or weakness: He is impulsive
Biggest regret: He let his parents and Sam die
Minor regret: Rayne and Solus can’t be part of his life.
Biggest accomplishment: Helped to defend Arlet from siege
Minor accomplishment: Best hunter/tracker in his home town
Past failures he/she would be embarrassed to have people know about: He let his parents and Sam die
Why? Very traumatic memories, he feels responsible
Character’s darkest secret: Dislikes himself immensely for letting things turn out the way they did
Does anyone else know? Rayne, Sarah, and Alec sense

Goals
Drives and motivations: Revenge for his friend, Find a place where he can be happy.
Immediate goals: Make it to the Nalsists’ capitol
Long term goals: Kill Trinity (Nalsists’ Queen)
How the character plans to accomplish these goals: Make it to the human capitol Arlet join the military in order to go through a small hole in the front lines trek through Nalsist controlled territory (covertly of course) and make it to the Nalsists’ capitol of Gailel
How other characters will be affected: Sarah will follow him as long as she can. He’ll bring about a change in political power. Alec and Rayne are surprises that I’m not telling. Solus will be forced into confrontation with him.

Past
Hometown: Archael
Type of childhood: Scarred
Pets: none
First memory: Playing on his parent’s hay farm as a kid
Most important childhood memory: Day of his parents alleged murder
Why: Sort of obvious don’t you think. That kind of thing kinda defines you.
Childhood hero: N/A
Dream job: Scientist
Education: A few years of High School (or their equivalent. It was interrupted by the events of the story)
Religion: Magnavarian (A made up religion involving a Dragon that heats the world with her fire and blah blah blah. To in depth for this little field)
Finances: His parents were fairly wealthy but that money runs out.

Present
Current location: Archael (leaving)
Currently living with: Sarah, Alec, Ben, Zenith (none of which are related except for Sarah and Genis)
Pets: I guess Zenith would count though she would get mad to hear him say so. (White Tiger)
Religion: That’s a tough one. The religion is made up and it’s even wrong. He is one of the few people who will learn the truth. So I guess a doctrine of science and truth would be his religion.
Finances: Money is running out

Family
Mother: Rena Derrins
Relationship with her: She died when he was a child
Father: Gregor Derrins
Relationship with him: He died when Genis was a child
Siblings: None
Relationship with them: N/A
Spouse: None
Relationship with him/her: N/A
Children: None
Relationship with them: N/A
Other important family members: Sarah, his cousin, is very close and devoted to him

Favorites
Color: Green
Least favorite color: Red
Music: Piano
Food: Chicken Soup
Literature: Science Fiction
Form of entertainment: Hunting
Expressions: “Relax”
Mode of transportation: Walking
Most prized possession: Bow made by the Fontaines

Habits
Hobbies: Hunting, Reading
Plays a musical instrument? Piano
Plays a sport? No
How he/she would spend a rainy day: In the rain
Spending habits: Clothes only and only when necessary
Smokes: No
Drinks: No
Other drugs: No
What does he/she do too much of? Fighting
What does he/she do too little of? Planning
Extremely skilled at: Sword fighting
Extremely unskilled at: Drawing/Painting
Nervous tics: Running his finger across the very base of his sword’s handle. Back and forth
Usual body posture: relaxed but still rather straight
Mannerisms: Proper with strangers, sarcastically witty with friends (he can be fun he isn’t always as much of a mope as these answers make him out to be)
Peculiarities: Mind of a 15 year old within the body of an 18 year old. (that and just having a different life)

Traits
Optimist or pessimist? Realist
Introvert or extrovert? Introvert
Daredevil or cautious? Logical Risk taker
Logical or emotional? Tries to be logical but is usually a little impulsive still
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat? Methodical to a degree, sort of a balance
Prefers working or relaxing? N/A
Confident or unsure of himself/herself? Unsure about most things but comes across as confident
Animal lover? Yes

Self-perception
How he/she feels about himself/herself: Dislikes himself immensely
One word the character would use to describe self: Limited
One paragraph description of how the character would describe self: “I’m unable to help those who need me. I can never seem to quite live up to the full expectations I have of myself. I fall short and when I fail people die, but I will learn a way to fix all this.”
What does the character consider his/her best personality trait? Determination
What does the character consider his/her worst personality trait? Whinny-ness
What does the character consider his/her best physical characteristic? Eyes
What does the character consider his/her worst physical characteristic? Arms
How does the character think others perceive him/her: “They aren’t sure what to make of me”
What would the character most like to change about himself/herself: How he always seems to be the one confused.

Opinion of other people in general: Few of them are decent people but most are better than him.
Does the character hide his/her true opinions and emotions from others? Yes but at the same time a resounding no. He lets people know an offshoot of what he thinks or feels. What they “need to know” and little more.
Person character most hates: Trinity
Best friend(s): Alec and Sarah
Love interest(s): Rayne
Person character goes to for advice: Zenith
Person character feels responsible for or takes care of: Alec and Sarah
Person character feels shy or awkward around: Rayne
Person character openly admires: N/A
Person character secretly admires: Mary Catherine
Most important person in character’s life before story starts: Sarah
After story starts: Tossup between Solus, Rayne, Sarah, and Alec
Character Chart ((My Harry Potter OC))
Character’s full name: Lillian Eileen Snape
Reason or meaning of name: She was named after her aunt and her mother.
Character’s nickname: Lil, Lil-bean
Reason for nickname: Her Mother called her Lil-bean when she was little.
Birth date: 8/20/1998

Physical appearance
How old does he/she appear: 18
Weight: about 140ish
Height: 5'6
Body build: Lanky
Shape of face: Long
Eye color: Blue
Glasses or contacts: reading glasses
Skin tone: Beigey
Distinguishing marks: She has a mole on her left breast and a scar on her knee
Predominant features: a large nose
Hair color: Black
Type of hair: Staright
Hairstyle: Long
Voice: Normal, kind of light
Overall attractiveness: Shes seen as atrattive but the only problem is her too-large nose
Physical disabilities: None really
Usual fashion of dress: Mostly feminine or just jeans and a t-shirt
Favorite outfit: Her favorite outfit is a pair of worn jeans, a 70's-ish purple summer dress, and a black headscarf
Jewelry or accessories: Mostly a pheonix pendent she inherited from her mother.

Personality
Good personality traits: She's very smart, very caring
Bad personality traits: She can be sarcastic to the point of cruel, sometimes she gets ahead of herself.
Mood character is most often in: Pensive
Sense of humor: Sarcastic
Character’s greatest joy in life: Her life in college
Character’s greatest fear: Her brother turning into his father
Why? Because her younger brother's father raped her mother.
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil?
The death of her family
Character is most at ease when: She's hanging out at her brother's cafe
Most ill at ease when: Put on the spot about her family's deeds
Enraged when: Anyone puts down her loved ones
Depressed or sad when: Shes looking though old pictures
Priorities: Get a degree in Buisiness
Life philosophy: Keep holding on for the light
If granted one wish, it would be: To have her mother back
Why? Her mother died when she was nine
Character’s soft spot: Her yougner brother
Is this soft spot obvious to others? Yes
Greatest strength: Her intelligence
Greatest vulnerability or weakness: Her own emotions
Biggest regret: Killing her mother's murderer
Minor regret: Insulting her brother
Biggest accomplishment: Winning a full scholarship to Oxford
Minor accomplishment: Winning a debate with her father
Past failures he/she would be embarrassed to have people know about: It took her a REALLY long time to learn how to ride a broom
Why? Because she was just not good at it
Character’s darkest secret: She killed her mother's murderer
Does anyone else know? Her father Severus Snape knows but his only regret was he couldn't do it himself

Goals
Drives and motivations: Get a college dgree, get custody of her brother
Immediate goals: Problay get out of bed
Long term goals: Lead a peaceful life
How the character plans to accomplish these goals: Well, she is in college
How other characters will be affected: Her younger brother desperatly wants her to adopt him

Past
Hometown: London
Type of childhood: Very happy, despite the fact most of her childhood was spent in Hogwarts with no children her age until she was eleven
Pets: A black cat named Midnight
First memory: Catching her parents in bed together. rofl Funny story
Most important childhood memory: Her mother's death
Why: Her father was framed for her mother's death so she had to go live with her grandma
Childhood hero: Her father
Dream job: An actress
Education: Hogwarts
Religion: None really
Finances: An inheritence

Present
Current location: London
Currently living with: In a dorm with her younger brother at Hogwarts most of the year.
Pets: A fish named Nemo
Religion: None
Finances: Inheritence

Family
Mother: Dead but Iris Snape
Relationship with her: Very good before she died
Father: Severus Snape
Relationship with him: Very good, eats dinner with him and step mother once a week
Siblings: Atticus whos five years older and Vincent, whos six years younger
Relationship with them: very good
Spouse: None
Relationship with him/her:
Children: None
Relationship with them:
Other important family members: Uncle Bill

Favorites
Color: Red
Least favorite color: yellow
Music: Mika
Food: Chinese
Literature: Mostly Classics
Form of entertainment: Movies
Expressions: Cute little pout
Mode of transportation: Bus
Most prized possession: A pheonix pendent

Habits
Hobbies: Reading, studying, spending time with her friends
Plays a musical instrument? Guitar
Plays a sport? Nope
How he/she would spend a rainy day: Problay catching up on some reading
Spending habits: Has a weak spot for CDs
Smokes: Yes
Drinks: Yes
Other drugs:
What does he/she do too much of? Cigerettes
What does he/she do too little of? Getting any sleep
Extremely skilled at: the works of buisiness
Extremely unskilled at: Flying
Nervous tics: None
Usual body posture: None
Mannerisms: tends to brush her hair out of her face.
Peculiarities:

Traits
Optimist or pessimist? Pessimist
Introvert or extrovert? extrovert
Daredevil or cautious? Cautious
Logical or emotional? Logical
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat? Disorderly
Prefers working or relaxing? working
Confident or unsure of himself/herself? unsure
Animal lover? Yea

Self-perception
How he/she feels about himself/herself: She feels kind of stuck in her life
One word the character would use to describe self: Tired
One paragraph description of how the character would describe self:
What does the character consider his/her best personality trait? Her smarts
What does the character consider his/her worst personality trait? Her selfishness
What does the character consider his/her best physical characteristic? Her eyes
What does the character consider his/her worst physical characteristic? Her lack of book
How does the character think others perceive him/her: As an idiot
What would the character most like to change about himself/herself: She needs to relax more

Opinion of other people in general: She likes other people
Does the character hide his/her true opinions and emotions from others? Yes
Person character most hates: Peter Pettigrew
Best friend(s): Olivia Lupin
Love interest(s): Used to be Olivia but now its no one
Person character goes to for advice: Her step-mother
Person character feels responsible for or takes care of: Her younger brother
Person character feels shy or awkward around: Owen Harper
Person character openly admires: Albus dumbledore
Person character secretly admires: Her father
Most important person in character’s life before story starts: Her brothers
After story starts: Owen Harper
Acutualy I like character sheets for my old characters who I know very well, I have a problem with remembering all of my characters. I have one too many in my stories and they all end of in other stories I write so I have to keep a sheet for each one so I know who's doing what. I normally find character sheets a fun way of doing something in study hall. any way I've taken some classes in collage for this and sheets like this are used for research to go deeper into your character. I have a good relationship with my characters and I find this fun and not stupid in any right. So in my mother's words. "If you haven't nothing nice to say then shut your trap." Thank you.
Ryiel
MajKai Nis rides again
here's a fact:
characters are only what they do in a story.

here's a fact:
characters only do what the story is.

and there's the period on top of all your "responses" of which i didn't bother reading more than the first sentence. you're not plugging s**t in. you're creating a whole. if you do not accept this as fact, immediately reexamine your process.

do not bother responding to this if you can't come up with something better than "lol ur chrctrs mus suk."

Honestly, the spaces are most annoying. We don't need five enters in between lines. Did you intend to put a picture there and it just didn't work out, or are you distracted by other lines and thus (I don't even know the word: double spaced but five times.) have to do that. Seriously, this edit is how it should have looked. Right well, now to argue: biggrin

Let me explain something to you. You, as an individual person, do not like these character sheets. I myself don't care either wayy, but I CAN see the value in them. Some people need to see things spelled out in plain words in order to fully comprehend them. In these instances, writing an effective character would require a plain and simple character sheet. Then they can refer to all of the things on it. With my character, I can discover random facts that, given the right circumstance, will help define my character through writings. These aren't meant to replace the writing, but complement and add to its effectiveness. I respect your opinion not to use one, and if that works for you (which I seem to doubt, since even I, with my almost crazy memory skills, forget details about my characters) then fine. But not everyone can do that, and it's pointless to type on your keyboard such caustic and, honestly, annoying bullshit. Your entitled to your beliefs, and we are entitled to ours. If you don't like it, well you're SOL, because your stupid, pointless, almost negligible argument won't change anyone's opinion.

There, I believe I have thoroughly ripped your argument to shreds *dusts hands off and stretches.* So was that: "lol ur chrctrs mus suk."

PS: Anyone who types like that in this forum will get several third degree burns, so if you didn't already know: DON'T!!!!

here's a tip, junior: the only person in this forum qualified to flame my a** is me. so.

i wish my head was so far up my a** that i gave a s**t.

and, yes, you've done a great job of "ripp[ing my] argument to shreds"! good job!

well, i mean, you've done a great job if by "ripped to shreds" we mean "in no fundamental way addressed while merely re-presenting what others have already said." i would like to congratulate you on taking yourself so incredibly seriously that you managed to make it all the way to the point of assuming that your wording of the same old baseless argument would somehow be more special than the manner in which everyone else has stated it.

to address you and mianna (who was, quite frankly, more persuasive with her words than you've been with yours, big boy) at the same time, my argument is not one of LOL I DONT DU IT TAHT WAY SO U SHUDNT EITHER, which is, quite frankly, nothing but your argument's retarded cousin from detroit. as i thought i'd made pretty clear, i'm not interested in what people do. whether people do it or don't means precisely d**k to me. what i'm concerned with--and the grounds for everything i've said here--is an underlying philosophy of writing that you kids simply do not seem to grasp. at all. now, read closely:

STORY IS NOT DICTATED BY CHARACTER; CHARACTER IS DICTATED ENTIRELY BY STORY.

do not confuse "story" with "plot"; story, here, refers to the whole of the written composition.

i don't really think i can make it any clearer.

character sheets are a waste of time at best and fundamentally destructive at worst. normally, i don't give a s**t about the silly non-writing bullshit that's perpetuated in this forum, but this is highly akin to the "writing game" nonsense i felt compelled to punch in the digital throat a couple years ago. the ultimate point is the same, in fact: you cannot separate the elements of a story from the story itself and make the story better. period. the parts only function when applied to the whole, and it's ******** retarded to assume that any element--in this case, character--can be abstracted from the entirety of the story. when you start abstracting elements, it leads to idiotic notions--such as believing a character is more than a piece of the story in which it functions.

and that's simply not the case. as i've stated earlier in this thread. so.

i sincerely hope you're clear on just how silly your so-called "argument" appears. if you care to try this again and actually deal with the words i've typed, instead of sidestepping them to put forward the LOL BT IT HALPZ SUM PPL theory again, please feel free. if not, i recommend staying silent from here on out.

either way, definitely avoid further failed attempts to make me look like the wrong kind of a*****e.
CountEroica
The Real Kain
CountEroica
MajKai Nis rides again
just because people do something doesn't make it a good idea

The utilitarian philosopher John Stuart Mill would highly disagree with you there.

The human race would have to highly disagree with you, and agree with Maj.

>.>; Are suggesting that I am J.S. Mill? Alas, he is long dead, although he still feels the need to plague Philosophy students.
^_^ No one ever agrees with anything he says.

Not just Philosophy students - he's always turning up in Politics, too.
Not that I mind, I think the guy talked a hell of a lot of sense. Not perfect, but then, who is?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff