Welcome to Gaia! ::

In 2005 I used to be addicted to stories on quizilla, so I was glad to find a clean website like wattpad was created for people looking to post their stories. I was wondering if anyone would want to share their experience with publishing via installments over the internet.

Tipsy Inquisitor

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've recently started using wattpad. It's very user friendly, and I like that. It's also kind of like facebook for writers. They have a newsfeed and notifications. If you haven't joined wattpad though, you should be aware it takes work to get a fan base. I don't get bothered over my reading count, but if you care about that, be prepared to advertise and get word out there.

I also have an account on fanfiction.net. I love that site since that's how I got addicted to writing. I also find it's easy to get readers and fans on that site as long as you don't butcher the English language. XD

Devoted Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
I have stories on quizilla, wattpad and fanfiction.net. I love using both fanfiction and wattpad, but I keep my quiz account up and running for I have a few readers still there. I also broadcast my stories through facebook with the help of my sisters, who are also writers. We are all three fanfiction writer's for different animes and what-not. I prefer fanfiction.net over wattpad, but wattpad is better than quiz. The only thing is you can add pictures along the way; such as fanart of your story, character, etc. on quiz, but not of fanfiction or wattpad.
I use Textnovel.com and Figment for posting stories. I get more feedback on Figment.
Thanks for all of your replies! They were very helpful wink
I used to love Quizilla back in the days where the admin(s) didn't give the site away to Nick. The Quizilla forum, I still miss to this day. At the moment I have two fiction stories. One resting on Quizilla and another on Wattpad.
I've heard of NONE of these sites and have been looking for forums to post my writings on for ages, so this has been an extremely useful thread - thanks muchly! smile x
DI Vega
I've heard of NONE of these sites and have been looking for forums to post my writings on for ages, so this has been an extremely useful thread - thanks muchly! smile x

I thought it might be helpful 3nodding I think a smart way of using these sites would be to build an audience, stop posting halfway through your story, and publish the whole thing through amazon.

Malevolent Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
Thank you! I heard of wattpad before but never took much interest in it. Seeing your post, I decided to check it out and I feel like I'm in paradise.
TerraBright
DI Vega

I thought it might be helpful 3nodding I think a smart way of using these sites would be to build an audience, stop posting halfway through your story, and publish the whole thing through amazon.
I've been thinking of doing this on a blog. Now that I know about Wattpad, I might go there instead. Probably better readership on a site like wattpad, too. Thanks for the head's up.

Distinct Genius

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Mostly Fanfiction.net, although I post on Deviantart, too. smile

Desirable Player

If you're into fan fiction stories, then go to www.fanfiction.net
If you're into original stories, then go to www.fictionpress.com

Anxious Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
I use storywrite.com.

I'm wary of posting much there, however, in case I decide to publish my work one day. Obviously, where fanfiction is concerned, that's not a problem, but I'm MUCH more skeptical about sharing original work online.
ultrageekery
I use storywrite.com.

I'm wary of posting much there, however, in case I decide to publish my work one day. Obviously, where fanfiction is concerned, that's not a problem, but I'm MUCH more skeptical about sharing original work online.

I understand the anxiety, which is why I would say you publish part of it for free online and then publish the whole thing yourself through amazon or something similar if it gains traction.
I highly recomend fictionpress it's the sister site of fanfiction.net; it's for original works and its a very good place to post works. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff