Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Phantom

Most people prefer writing on a computer because they don't need paper and they can type faster than they can write but I honestly prefer to write in a notebook.

I'm writing my first novel so my dad bought be an 180 sheet notebook and I was like emotion_kirakira
I prefer a notebook because it takes me a long time to write because I'm just a slow worker and staring at computer screens for long periods of time bothers my eyes. Also I can take my notebook to school with me and basically everywhere else. I get bored in class so it really works for me haha

Downside: I can't edit without erasing and I can't add things but When I type it up to email to my friends, It encourages me to edit so yay!

Also, I have to admit, I love the feeling I get when I told my pencil to the paper. emotion_c8

So which do you prefer and why?

Dangerous Enabler

I much prefer a computer: it's legible. My handwriting is not.

Benevolent Liege

14,165 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I prefer typing to writing for various reasons. My main three reasons are: I can type faster than I can write, hand cramping is the worst thing when you're trying to write down every little word, phrase, idea that pops into my mind and its less of a hassle to write up (mainly replacing pens or pencils that can slow down the thought process).

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I prefer to use a computer. I don't like paper, I'm paranoid about possibly having too much of it around. Plus, I have more confidence when spellcheck is an option.
Probably both just because I don't always have access to my computer and if I didn't write down what happens then I just lose the whole idea.

Beloved Lunatic

I have always preferred paper to the computer. Partially because my laptop is an idiot and every time I stare at the blank word document it gives me writer's block. Plus I just don't get along with my laptop, it tells me names are spelled wrong and I have to add all forms into the dictionary and it's really a pain. Paper just seems to get my writing mojo flowing. One the ink of my pen touches the paper six or seven hours can fly by and I'll have pages upon pages written whereas if I were to do that on the computer I'd get maybe an hour in before I gave up. I also enjoy being able to cross out and write over things I want to change so I can look back when I finally go to type it and see how much it improved or changed.
Paper for throwing around ideas. (I type them onto the computer as NOTES and random scenes that may be part of the project).

Computer if ideas are flying around in my head, threatening like the Wicked Witch's winged monkeys, to haul me off to their master's castle for my ruby slippers to be taken away.

Tipsy Inquisitor

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love both, but I've always preferred paper. Writing things down lets me go slower and develop my ideas and the scene better than if I were to type it out. I'm a fast typer so I feel like I just get the scene done with before I ever really have a chance to think about it. Also, writing stories in a notebook is just more appealing to me, and the Internet isn't there to distract me. XD

Lonely Friend

Well, if I'm doing something where I don't have a computer/laptop, I prefer a notebook, especially when I'm bored. But, I think that I do my best writing on the computer, so regardless of whether or not I write something in a notebook, it will generally go onto the computer, anyways. So, computer, I guess.

Witty Phantom

Psychedelic_Nitemare
I love both, but I've always preferred paper. Writing things down lets me go slower and develop my ideas and the scene better than if I were to type it out. I'm a fast typer so I feel like I just get the scene done with before I ever really have a chance to think about it. Also, writing stories in a notebook is just more appealing to me, and the Internet isn't there to distract me. XD

Ive been meaning to write for almost 2 hours. Dang it, Gaia XD

Tipsy Inquisitor

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
lppurplegirl11

hahaha Yeah, I'm in the same boat, except video games have been distracting me instead of Gaia. Although, I'm about to stop so I can get some writing done for for tonight.

Witty Phantom

Psychedelic_Nitemare
lppurplegirl11

hahaha Yeah, I'm in the same boat, except video games have been distracting me instead of Gaia. Although, I'm about to stop so I can get some writing done for for tonight.

I have to attempt to sleep soon because I have to wake up at 9 crying got nothing done today haha
It depends I suppose.
If I have everything plotted, mapped out, and prepared I prefer to use my computer for speed's sake.
However there is something significantly relaxing and familiar about using a notebook and pencil.
Either form has it's upsides and downsides, I suppose.
for me it's both.
whenever i'm on the road, i usually need a pen/pencil and a notebook to jot down some new ideas that suddenly pop in my head. and then once i reach home, i expand/expound those ideas in the computer.

Generous Friend

6,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I prefer using a computer since it's easier to keep my work more organized and legible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff