Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you post your writing on the Internet?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 11, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Teh Jeicen
I post short stories and fragments but never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever completed works. That is a Bad Thing. 3nodding

So... never ever?
I think this is a stupid question. You're posting in the writer's forum, "do you post your writing on the internet?" Most of us obviously do.
I post my writing on the internet. But nothing finished and not anything the whole public can see. I am very paranoid about someone stealing my works though it's not good enough too. sweatdrop
Well yes i do. I post my poetry and enter it into contests and believe me it is quit rewarding!!
a**-Kickery
I think this is a stupid question. You're posting in the writer's forum, "do you post your writing on the internet?" Most of us obviously do.

And yet, some of us (me, and others) don't, so there you go.

Toothsome Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
I don't put up anything I think could get published, but I've got a ton of fanfiction up and a short story I wrote for an online contest I recently entered. whee
NEVER! ninja

expect for the times I post my poetry in competitions...
and when I post a bit of a chaperter from somewhere in one of my books...
and then of course there's actully just plain WRITING... like what I'm doing now...

does asking for names count? o_O

lol...
I would only share stories when it's COMPLETELY FINISHED, never in fragments 'cause it takes the experience of reading chapters and chapters non-stop from the readers
Hi7achi
I would only share stories when it's COMPLETELY FINISHED, never in fragments 'cause it takes the experience of reading chapters and chapters non-stop from the readers

then you could never get what you share with other people on the net published...

it doesn't seem worth it to me
I post it as a way of saving it so I can work on it from any computer. I don't usually post it on a community or feedback site, mostly because I've never found any I like. I have posted a few things in this forum though.

If anyone knows of a good site where people can have an intelligent discussion about their work, let me know. Thanks.
Hansel Robinson
If anyone knows of a good site where people can have an intelligent discussion about their work, let me know. Thanks.

Seconded. I'd like to know too.
Yuzure
Hansel Robinson

Seconded. I'd like to know too.
I've heard a lot about deviantart, but I tried it and didn't like it.
Hansel Robinson

I had a look at it, and it has always struck me as a kind of "edgier than thou" thing. I'm a cheerful person at heart, and thus the "rebel against everything!" vibes didn't really sit well with me.

Besides, DeviantArt seems more like an art review site, not a fic one.
Yuzure
Hansel Robinson

I had a look at it, and it has always struck me as a kind of "edgier than thou" thing. I'm a cheerful person at heart, and thus the "rebel against everything!" vibes didn't really sit well with me.

Besides, DeviantArt seems more like an art review site, not a fic one.
Haha, you are so right about the edgier than thou. I like a real "rebel against everything!" attitude, but I didn't find it there. A lot of these communities don't want something different from their own style and end up getting very snobby ("regulars" and "n00bs" and whatnot). I guess that's how I am too, though, really. I can't stand almost any fantasy/sci-fi writing.
Hansel Robinson
Haha, you are so right about the edgier than thou. I like a real "rebel against everything!" attitude, but I didn't find it there. A lot of these communities don't want something different from their own style and end up getting very snobby ("regulars" and "n00bs" and whatnot). I guess that's how I am too, though, really. I can't stand almost any fantasy/sci-fi writing.

Interestingly, I read (and write) almost exclusively fantasy/sci-fi stories. Anything set in Present Day tends not to hold my interest for long.

For the moment, I'm just trusting in sites like Fictionpress and FFN, as well as my personal site (which I have not fully coded yet. CSS is a pain to organize). This satisfies the "somewhere to post" requirement, but not, unfortunately, the "intelligent discussion" part.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff