Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you post your writing on the Internet?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on August 11, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

6,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Since I mostly write fanfiction, I post it online. Original stuff........I'll decide on that if/when I get a viable idea.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
{Other}

Reasons?

I have some stuff that I've posted and some things that I would not dream of posting.

I suck at poetry so I have nothing against posting something up and getting a critique on it. Also, I know any fanfic I write will never get published, so I post what little I do of that (I have exactly one story) freely.

On occaison I post a short and I have one long story online. It wasn't intended to be a long story, but I posted the intended short and was urged to continue it so .. over the period of three months I wrote and posted it online. It didn't seem fair to stop halfway through.

I'm fairly paranoid about my work, I'd say. Despite that. Anything I seriously want published or anything that is not entirely mine does not go up.

Rude's Bestie

Cat

I post rough drafts, old stuff, and things I'm writing with the intent to post online. I like spreading my stuff over the internet. whee

I actually need to get more writing stuff up on my site. I advertise it as "fantasy art and fiction" but the art side is a lot heavier. sweatdrop Of course, all of my art is ok for web posting, but I can't post everything I write--gotta hold the good stuff back so I don't screw up anything with the rights.
I post everything I think worthy of posting online.

I don't care about first publication rights, because I don't intend to get published. I write for a hobby.

I don't care about plagiarism, because anyone who steals my stories also steals the responsibility to rewrite it and take care of all the plot holes. If he or she doesn't want to do that, they can get laughed at by their reviewers in much the same way I get laughed at by my betas. Share the misery, and all that.
I used to post my stuff, but I just recently re-read all of it and decided it was terrible, so I'm pretty insecure about it, now. .___.;
I do, but only on my own site. I don't like the idea of posting it on other sites in case they have a policy of owning all the work posted or something.

Does anyone agree with me?
I post short stories and fragments but never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever completed works. That is a Bad Thing. 3nodding
Personally, I think that www.fictionpress.com is the best place to show your work. Its free, and people can read your work then reveiw it. That one is for poems and original works. If you write fanfiction, use www.fanfiction.net . That is just like fictionpress, only for fanfictions. I use it, and most of my writing friends use it.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

10,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Since I mostly write fanfiction, the thought of not posting it to the Internet when I'm done is an anathema. If I think the story is good enough to be declared finished, then I want to share it with people.

I never really post my poetry, though. For one thing, I don't write a lot of it. For another, I'm not really that good of a poet.

Original fiction stays on my hard drive and gets mailed out to short story magazines when it's finished. Assuming I can work up the nerve to write a cover letter.
Other.

I post my writing on the internet, but the way I do it doesn't actually count.

I have an lj that I am quite addicted to. Most of the stuff I've written lately is exclusively in my lj. Only I'm very lazy, so this isn't very often.

There is actually a sound logic behind this. First of all, it's not like people actually read my lj, aside from my two slave drivers who b***h at me when I get lazy and don't write. Second, I don't particularly give a s**t what people say (the only complaints I've gotten are about my no snogging rule in my Teri/Rain stories. Something about them both needing to get laid.), so I'm shameless there. Third, I have no plans or desires to get published. My sick little puppets are for my own enjoyment and stress relief.

And perhaps the most important reason as to why I actually bother writing s**t in my lj: My computer has a trojan. There's no way to get it off, and my mother refuses to format it for me. So it's stuck. I'm too scared to save anything on it because it has this habit of crashing. I'm too lazy to burn work onto cds, because then it's a b***h to fix stuff, and I'm out of floppys and broke, so I can't get more. Basically, I post online so I don't lose what I've written because I'm too lazy to get the computer fixed and my mum is to lazy to teach me how to format.
I don't post my work on the internet, because of two mains reasons-the main one being that I don't think that my work is good enough to show, and the other, a lurking paranoia that if, by chance, my writing is any good, someone would steal it and claim it as their own.
Lady Miyoko162
Well do you? Or ar you like me, too insecure in the quality of my work and at the same time too paranoid someone will steal it? Or do you avoid posting your work because your afraid of thre negative criticism you may or may not get? Or is there some other reason that I've completely forgotten (naturally stare ) ?

Yeah thats pretty much it. I spend so much time perfecting my work, and making it completely original, I would just KILL myself if someone stole it and took the credit from me crying Really. So that's why I don't post my work. It's too valuable, and I'm too paranoid. And I figured that I can't really post something if I plan to sometime get it published... somehow... maybe... I hope...

But I'm not afraid of negative comments. My writing rocks too much! xd Please ignore my arrogance blaugh I'm a very proud person...

Wheezing Regular

I'm like Yuzure. I post almost everything I write on the internet because I don't plan on getting published right now.

I'm not afraid of being plagiarised either, for some reason. I guess it just never struck me as likely to happen.

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Fanfiction is posted, though I am a slow writer and don't have a steady updating pace for them. Original works in bits and pieces although I don't see myself going too far with them.
i only post my fanfictions, and anything else i don't because then tend to be really short and i only write those when friends ask me to...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff