Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I am The Compendium
Then who would ever see it?
41 Million People see this page in particular. Building a following takes strategy and time. That's why I advised that you start before your release. If you wait until afterwards, it will be too late.

Beloved Streaker

I've got a tumblr, but I haven't written much. Mostly due to writer's block (and being busy with school).

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I am The Compendium
41 Million People see this page in particular. Building a following takes strategy and time. That's why I advised that you start before your release. If you wait until afterwards, it will be too late.

I still don't understand. Why would anyone go there in the first place? Who'd ever see it?

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I_Write_Ivre
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I am The Compendium

I still don't understand. Why would anyone go there in the first place? Who'd ever see it?

Did you click on the link? Do you understand what social media is? You should do some research. smile

Summery Man-Lover

I don't have anything set up to promote my work specifically because I only post up fanfiction, and I don't feel the need to promote it beyond crossposting links from AO3 to my tumblr, for example.
I do have a writing twitter though, where I occasionally put up ideas I can't be bothered writing out properly, and various thoughts on reading/writing/whatever has my interest.

Shameless Visionary

19,000 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Never Give Up 35
I've posted my work in other people's media, but don't have my own yet. I'll get to that. Right now, I'm just working on the writing.

That's not counting roleplaying, for which I have Gaia, Livejournal, and Dreamwidth.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I_Write_Ivre
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I am The Compendium

Did you click on the link? Do you understand what social media is? You should do some research. smile

I'm confused. I told you I had a social media site. Two. Now you ask me if I know what social media is because I ask you how to get traffic, one of the most important functions of social media?

Can you please answer my question instead of starting the thread over? I was expecting to ask you the benefits of a facebooks page versus another kind of social media page in terms of pros and cons when it came to both promotion and maintenance today.

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I_Write_Ivre

I'm confused. I told you I had a social media site. Two. Now you ask me if I know what social media is because I ask you how to get traffic, one of the most important functions of social media?

Can you please answer my question instead of starting the thread over? I was expecting to ask you the benefits of a facebooks page versus another kind of social media page in terms of pros and cons when it came to both promotion and maintenance today.

Sorry amiga, I thought it was rhetorical question. smile

The benefits of having a facebook page is exposure to a different community. You won't find the same people on linkedin, twitter, facebook, livejournal, stumbleupon, etc. You can post links to your book release and share pictures about your life as an author. Or, you could make a new page for each of your books and each would have their own following. You can also post videos, links, ask questions, host polls, show maps, etc. I personally feel like it's easier to get exposure on Facebook than on other sites, but it's probably because I know how to use all of the tools they have to offer.

Maintenance... Promotions.... timing... tools... It's all up to whatever marketing plan you decide works best for you. Facebook has been studied by analysts worldwide and every single day loads of new articles emerge about what is suggested for the best marketing practices. Instead of just regurgitating everything that I've read, I'd recommend you look into it yourself and futz around with it.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I_Write_Ivre

The benefits of having a facebook page is exposure to a different community. You won't find the same people on linkedin, twitter, facebook, livejournal, stumbleupon, etc. You can post links to your book release and share pictures about your life as an author. Or, you could make a new page for each of your books and each would have their own following. You can also post videos, links, ask questions, host polls, show maps, etc. I personally feel like it's easier to get exposure on Facebook than on other sites, but it's probably because I know how to use all of the tools they have to offer.

Maintenance... Promotions.... timing... tools... It's all up to whatever marketing plan you decide works best for you. Facebook has been studied by analysts worldwide and every single day loads of new articles emerge about what is suggested for the best marketing practices. Instead of just regurgitating everything that I've read, I'd recommend you look into it yourself and futz around with it.

Thanks. I'm looking into a store or something fan-friendly for my works.

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I_Write_Ivre
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I_Write_Ivre

There are applications you can install on your facebook page that allows you to sell copies of your books or any other merchandise you might own without the user ever having to leave facebook. I believe it's called http://www.payvment.com/ Check it out. smile

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I_Write_Ivre
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I_Write_Ivre

There are applications you can install on your facebook page that allows you to sell copies of your books or any other merchandise you might own without the user ever having to leave facebook. I believe it's called http://www.payvment.com/ Check it out. smile

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces