Welcome to Gaia! ::

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Things like tumblr, twitter, and etc. if so, what do you use? I have a twitter for my fanfiction.

Pirate_D's Partner In Crime

Nothing specific for my individual work yet, but I do have a tumblr for my writing processes.

Friendly Hoarder

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Full closet 200
I started a blog to host fanfiction-esque stories about some roleplaying characters of mine, and some stories I didn't mind sharing for free. Unfortunately, then real life gave me a bat to the head so it kinda died.

In hindsight, perhaps that's for the best.

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

Does a blog count?
I have a fairy tale blog, but it encompasses fantasy, myth, and all sorts of speculative fiction.
I do post some of my original works, as well as links to published pieces,
but I try to keep it informative and not me-driven,
and to encourage conversation.
I use my tumblr to let people know when I have something new published,
though the frequency of something new published -- compared to my obscene love for posting nonsense -- is very minimal.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Not yet, but I'm going to use my facebook account, blog, and linkedin account to advertise my published works when it get on the market.

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
TottWriter
... real life gave me a bat to the head so it kinda died.

I know what that is like. I just got my computer back today after a very severe hard drive failure. I lost 3 years of photographs and all of my prose.

I will get over this. lol.

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I_Write_Ivre
Not yet, but I'm going to use my facebook account, blog, and linkedin account to advertise my published works when it get on the market.

You should make yourself a facebook page now and generate some hype about it so that you won't get a soft release. smile

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
GreenInkling
Does a blog count?
I have a fairy tale blog, but it encompasses fantasy, myth, and all sorts of speculative fiction.

That's really the way to go! People don't really want to hear you talking about yourself, you know? They want to get to know you, not witness a lecture. That sounds really cool by the way. I'm not sure if I have even half of the creative processes to jump into those genres biggrin

Adorable Fisher

I have a Tumblr for it and I used to use my blog on TinierMe for it. I'm thinking of making a Twitter for it, too.

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

Strawberry Pocky Parade
GreenInkling
Does a blog count?

That's really the way to go! People don't really want to hear you talking about yourself, you know? They want to get to know you, not witness a lecture. That sounds really cool by the way. I'm not sure if I have even half of the creative processes to jump into those genres biggrin

Aw, well thank you so much!
Won't you join us?

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
GreenInkling

Aw, well thank you so much!
Won't you join us?
Thank-you for the invitation. 3nodding

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I_Write_Ivre

You should make yourself a facebook page now and generate some hype about it so that you won't get a soft release. smile

I only use facebook to contact friends. I don't want my family seeing stuff there.

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I am The Compendium
I only use facebook to contact friends. I don't want my family seeing stuff there.
The beauty of having a business page is that no one will receive those updates unless they've subscribed. It doesn't even link to your main account. So, your friends and family will not know about it unless you literally e-mail them the link to the page.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Strawberry Pocky Parade
I am The Compendium
The beauty of having a business page is that no one will receive those updates unless they've subscribed. It doesn't even link to your main account. So, your friends and family will not know about it unless you literally e-mail them the link to the page.

Then who would ever see it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces