Welcome to Gaia! ::

Netspeak pisses me off.
Whenever I see it anywhere, the only reason why I would read it is to just humor myself and to see how fast our generation is de-evolving due to the reliance of computers. It makes me sick/sad to see so many idiots who think they appear so much cooler they can spell wrong so consistantly.
Also, to me, people who do all the time affiliate themselves with those annoying 13 yr old xanga bloggers... If this is what the future of the world is relying on, will some astraroid please just wipe us out before intelligent people suffer too much.
bobo_jai
gawd i type slang nd peepo gits pizzed @ meh...lyk wuts ur prob? iz it cuz u'r stoopid nd u kant read? cuz if u were so smart toh type properly, den y da f*k kant u read improper? i fink it makez meh smarter den because i kan type / read both proper ND slang! so dere!

translation fur slang typing haters* :

God. I type slang and people get pissed at me..Like whats your problem? Is it because you're stupid and you can't read? Because if you were so smart to type properly, then why the *beep* can't you read improper? I think this makes me smarter then you slang haters because I can type / read both proper AND slang! So there!
Ak! My poor eyes! They burn!
No, seriously, I don't know how people understand this stuff. Trying to read it actually makes my eyes water 'cause I'm trying so hard to decifer it. xp
I pity my Writing teacher. neutral She used to lecture kids all the time for using netspeak in their essays and she couldn't figure out what they meant so she flunked them. And yet they kept doing it all year. xp
Anyway, yeah, I'm against.
i don't care. people can type any way they want...freedom of speech or in this case, i'm not exactly sure what to call it but any way...to each there own blaugh
I personally hate netspeak. Whenever I read, I get a sort of mental-audio thing of what the people are saying. When I read netspeak, I "hear" it as someone speaking fast in garbled, slurped words that give me a headache. If anyone ever spoke like that in an actually conversation, I'd walk away. Or hit them, maybe.

I was guilty of it years ago, when I first used the Internet. But it didn't take to long to realize that it's just stupid. And that was back when I did text rpgs and you had to type fast--and I'd still beat people who were using netspeak.

As far as real slang--I like it and I use it constantly. Just little bits and pieces that I pick up here and there, really. And I've noticed "lol" as a phrase is creeping into a lot of people's spoken vocabulary...
I don't mind a few slang things here and here...
Hell, even I do it sometimes. Only on MSN though. sweatdrop
It's when people write in slang to the point where I can't read what they are trying to write that it gets annoying.

"What is written without effort is read without pleasure."
In your attempt to type properly, your language was still riddled with slang.

bobo_jai
God. I type slang and people get pissed at me... Like, what's your problem? Is it because you're stupid and you can't read? Because if you are (tense error) smart enough to type properly, then why the [********] can't you read improper language? I think this makes me smarter then you slang haters because I can type and read both proper English (nouns to go with your adjectives would be nice) AND slang! So there!

Consider this bleeding corpse of a post my reply.
ya..i dont really like slang..at all..i hate when i have to write in it so its fits in some things
Nuele
In your attempt to type properly, your language was still riddled with slang.

bobo_jai
God. I type slang and people get pissed at me... Like, what's your problem? Is it because you're stupid and you can't read? Because if you are (tense error) smart enough to type properly, then why the [********] can't you read improper language? I think this makes me smarter then you slang haters because I can type and read both proper English (nouns to go with your adjectives would be nice) AND slang! So there!

Consider this bleeding corpse of a post my reply.

You are now on Jaho's list of people who aren't ignorant ********.
That's not slang. Slang is the evolution of language. Did you know widely accepted slang such as bling-bling, and phat are actually in the dictionary?
You're just spelling wrong, so of course people have trouble reading it. I don't mind typos, but I don't like it when someone is trying to talk to me, only I can't understand them because they type in gibberish.
I don't mind it too much, unless it gets to the point where I can't understand what they're saying. Then I usually just ignore them.
Unless they speak properly, I usually don't really take them seriously.
I know mind that much.. but is it really that hard to write with complete words that make coherrent sence to a normal person without useing numbers or other characters inplace of a part of a word (ex.: Get up b4 eleven.) or a word itself (ex.: We'll be late 4 the show)?
Darlin' we can read it, it just burns our eyes and pisses us off. Royally. Plus, it makes high school students look like they haven't even completed second grade. And you look like a total idiot.
That is Chat/Net speak. My friends use netspeak and they think it's sooooooo cooolies.

It's not. When I see somebody typing like that, I just want to rip out my eyes. This is a message board, you use Net/Chat speak for instant messaging friends so you can reply quickly.

However, there are some boards that are made just for people who like to type like you. It's called the Chatterbox.
Yuzure
Magnus Cthulhu
(By the way, if you'd read the rules of the forum, you'd note that you are allowed to swear, so, please, stop ******** censoring yourself in your posts. It's quite annoying.)

Why?

It's just a personal pet peeve of mine. It bugs the hell out of my when I see people writing "What the f*ck are you talking about?" and such.
Slangs aren't such a bad thing. As long as it's not things like kool instead of cool. You know. In your writing, if there's a correct way to spell something, spell it correctly. The writers voice, however, may have a slang. If he or she does, it's all apart of the way they write, and should be acknowledged.

But really; most slang should be placed in dialogue only, like clichés!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff