Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need advice on making an action scene that starts from a stealth position. I need something that is believable, and interesting. All DBZ like fightscenes are unappreciated.
i normally go for fantasy but i may be able to help.
but first i need to know more detail about the scene eg: what sourt of action u want, what characters are involved etc. just asking for an idea with nothing to base it on is pretty hard to do.
A sample:

Jason lies low in wait, peeking from his cover in wait for his quarry, across his position lies his partner and a small nod indicates alertness.

Seconds move like hours and Jason's forehead starts to bead fine drops of perspiration, his hands gripping his pistol in a vice-like grip, ready to spring out and take aim in a split-second.

2 minutes have passed, signs of Toby is absent, and Jason shakes his head in disappointment, Toby will never be late when he meets his contact, what has happened?

Suddenly the soft crunch of boots on gravel snapped Jason from his contemplation as a lone figure emerges from the shadows, his physical description and the gait in his walk screams in every manner of Jason's quarry, now all he has to do is to wait for Toby to initiate the exchange of goods with his contact and all evidence pointing to his drug pushing activites will be exposed.

The crunch from another pair of boots emerges and a lanky fellow with a small paper bag appears opposite Toby, his shifty eyes scanning his environment as he lights a cigerratte and approaches Toby warily. Jason's eyes narrow as both parties move closer to each other, another few seconds, and Toby will face life in the slammer.

Toby has not noticed the presence of Jason, and he grins as he hands the money to his contact, who passes the paper bag to him. Jason springs up immediately as he trains his weapon on Toby, shouting for him to put his hands above his head.

But Jason's eyes go wide in shock, as Toby whips out his own pistol from the paper bag with shocking speed, pointing it at Jason while Toby's accomplice draws a revolver and points it at Jason's partner.

Gunshots pierce the night.
Annoying Assassin
I need advice on making an action scene that starts from a stealth position. I need something that is believable, and interesting. All DBZ like fightscenes are unappreciated.
if your trying to do Stealth then have it that your on a roof to start then you follow them to a park at night and then you pounce and Kill
Kuju
Annoying Assassin
if your trying to do Stealth then have it that your on a roof to start then you follow them to a park at night and then you pounce and Kill
That is a good idea, also you could try the classic Thief; Deadly Shadows way of stealth; having your back to the wall at night in a dark alley or on a rooftop aiming down with a longbow.

Hygienic Seeker

3,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Annoying Assassin

Starting from a stealth position, eh?
Well, it should not be too difficult. Whenever one has the advantage of stealth, that person has the upper hand if he is really good at it, or the opposing character has dull senses. The element of surprise is dominant if you wish to make the take down subtle and discrete.

Lets take the o' so cliched example of silent assassination. Of course, an assassin's skill relies on his ability to complete his objective without drawing much attention so tactics like a knife through the neck and slicing of the throat are effective for him.

Then again, if you are planning on a fight, the ways the opposing character can react are twofold: either he detects his opponent and attempts to counter any attack, or he can simply be caught off-guard. You can add the first injury if you so wish from here.

Thats the beginning. The rest is very dynamic, filled with actions, thoughts, feelings and to make it even more flashy, add some dialogue (e.g. taunts). Description is vital in a powerful and exciting fight scene! Its not simple to match description with the character's intention, but its mainly mix and match. Find the perfect match for the action you wish your character to take with the right words/phrase (sort of like writing a song). This way you may just create one very memorable battle scene.

The final words: Picture yourself as the stage director and experiment with a few movements before deciding on what to put down on paper. Maybe even picture yourself as a director in the making of a movie and tinker with as many combinations of actions as you can.

Hope that helped. Good luck biggrin .
...wait, you want us to write your action scene for you?
Khavar

Just a few tips.

PS-Thank everyone who replied.
Khavar
ehh he didn't say that. He said that he needed Advice and the other People were generous enough to give him help and support instead of hindrance. Hows it coming along A.Assassin
hope the sample I give will be helpful biggrin
Kuju
Khavar
ehh he didn't say that. He said that he needed Advice and the other People were generous enough to give him help and support instead of hindrance. Hows it coming along A.Assassin

Quite good.

Bump.
My pal Lord_Brendan will be here soon and will have something good to say
Annoying Assassin
If in terms of firearms; The character has just come from a sewer or another hidden place. The enemy/enemies do not know where it is, and where he is. How about moving around quietly with a silenced weapon, checking out enemy supplies that are scattered in this little outpost the character is investigating, planting a small bomb? Stealing provisions? Hiding there until night and stealthily shooting the enemy/enemies with silenced weapons?
Lord_Brendan
Annoying Assassin
If in terms of firearms; The character has just come from a sewer or another hidden place. The enemy/enemies do not know where it is, and where he is. How about moving around quietly with a silenced weapon, checking out enemy supplies that are scattered in this little outpost the character is investigating, planting a small bomb? Stealing provisions? Hiding there until night and stealthily shooting the enemy/enemies with silenced weapons?

Where I stand, is he has a handgun with 2 clips, one really sharp knife, a few fragmentation nades, an oblivious swat team outside that will trigger a homemade claymore mine if they walk into a rear entrance, and a dozen of terrorists with hostages. And they like to shoot things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff