Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I am working on designing some jewel maguffins. The jewels are representations of the four seasons. I want them to either be shaped to represent their respective seasons, or a simple shape.
Which do you think would be better?
How about both. There are shapes you can use to represent the seasons. Well, I consider them simple, but I've never made jewelery.
I suppose it depends upon whether they will be in jewelry of some-type. You may be able to find some inspiration in occult for some of it. Playing cards, for example, were used for fortune telling. Depending upon the school of magic you're going something such as : Clubs ( Air / Spring), Spades ( Fire / Swords), Hearts ( Water / Autumn), and Diamonds ( Earth / Winter) may work.

Or perhaps Spring would be a marquis cut ( maybe yellow , chartreuse, or Alice blue - blue agate maybe), Summer a trilliant cut ( deep pine green or sunset orange maybe--- even bloodstone). Autumn a pear or drop cut (the color of autumn leaves, perhaps a chocolate colored gem, orange, or red - maybe even a tiger's eye). Winter a square or round cut ( clear or deep blue or maybe something like a moonstone). Or Winter could even be something of a cabochon that's not been worked much - a rough stone in the raw.

You could perhaps even use gemstones that already correspond with those months and astrological signs.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Whole jewels or multi-jewel pendants?

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Whole jewels. Each jewel represents the season. When they are around the Monarchs of their respective seasons, they react.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Thefruitsong
Whole jewels. Each jewel represents the season. When they are around the Monarchs of their respective seasons, they react.

Then shapes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces