Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm a newbie blogger. (Been blogging for only a month now..) Since I have some posts up and the theme of my blog set, would anyone be interested in critiquing it?

I made the template myself (or tinkered with it until I had it how I wanted...).
All of the images are mine.
All of the writing is mine.

http://wngingit.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think! 3nodding

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

There is much I like about it! I would mentally mark it as something of interest.

My personal taste is that posts are a little cleaner and better organized. You've actually done this pretty well, by bolding and links. The font size changes and gaps between paragraphs throw me of a little.

I think you could de-clutter the heading as well. It's hard to read the title in front of the busy header,image, though the image is very professional looking. I like your fonts, your photography, your flickr (you're talented!!!). I think you have a nice tailored market--girls with boys that serve, and from your topics, it looks like there's a nice mix of things, a little bit for everyone.

Here's something you could do to grow readership: join a weekly blog link-up, or start one yourself. That's when another blog hosts a group blog project and all participating bloggers link their posts. Also, posting links to your updated posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc., and trying to write posts that have a little something for everyone. Your blog should be 100% you. Write what interests you and you it will come together. But also keep in mind that your readers want to get something out of it, even if it's just sharing your experiences with someone else in hopes of making their day a bit brighter.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces