Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
What is the cheapest easiest way to create a physical copy of character bible.
This was all I could find on character bibles. It sounds like a template, and if that's the case, I suppose you could write it down in a notebook. If you're asking for something different, I apologize. I'm unsure of any other meaning.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I'm looking for the cheapest way to put together a character bible. I'd rather not buy over 50 note books, but if I have to then I have to.

Thanks anyways!

Nuclear Werewolf

Got a printer? Bam. That there's the quickest, dirtiest, easiest way to get a hardcopy in your hands. Don't have a printer? Check out your local library or other public place that usually has computers.

Alternately, you could spend a few bucks at a print shop if for some reason finding a home printer is impossible.
Sorry I wasn't able to be more helpful. I used Google to find out what a character bible is, and to me, it appeared to be a normal character template based on the results I received. I'm still unsure of what it is, and I apologize again for not understanding.
Fifty notebooks seems a little extreme. Unless you've got a really large cast, I can't think of any reason why you'd need more than one or two. Still, like Alberic said, just printing the files off yourself would be the easiest way. Though I would add that if ink is an issue, you should avoid using any sort of lavish backgrounds or excessive pictures.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Well I have multiple stories and a lot of characters. I'm not opposed to printing them off I was just seeing if there were any other cheap and easy ways to do it.

Thanks for the help.

I'll still take suggestions.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Why not just stick them in a three-ring binder with dividers? You should be able to put a bunch of characters in one binder and you can put them in different sections based on either story or some other character grouping that makes sense to you.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I thought of that, however I have bad luck with papers in binders and those hole supports don't work

Nuclear Werewolf

Snowblazer
I thought of that, however I have bad luck with papers in binders and those hole supports don't work
If you wanna try super hardcore mode and turn your character bibles into actual notebook-type things without having to worry about holes tearing, then you might look into perfect or bound binding. That's what I'm doing for other projects, because it's badass.

Simplest way would be to line up a stack of your papers and spread some PVA glue (like Elmer's) into the spine side. Keep the stack good and flat so the binding isn't loose. You can also wrap a cover around to protect it or gussy it up. I imagine you can do this with plain 8.5x11 sheets, but I've had great results with folding those in half to make 5.5x8.5 sheets, and making the folded edge part of the spine. There are ways to print pages so they're double-sided and have two separate pages per side.

Sewing signatures into a hardcopy is way overkill, but the end result is pretty awesome. There are tutorials online for both of those, though the perfect binding is basically you making a homemade, possibly pre-filled notebook.

Just an idea, even though it's more of an arts and crafts thing.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Alberic of Krufton
Snowblazer
If you wanna try super hardcore mode and turn your character bibles into actual notebook-type things without having to worry about holes tearing, then you might look into perfect or bound binding. That's what I'm doing for other projects, because it's badass.

Simplest way would be to line up a stack of your papers and spread some PVA glue (like Elmer's) into the spine side. Keep the stack good and flat so the binding isn't loose. You can also wrap a cover around to protect it or gussy it up. I imagine you can do this with plain 8.5x11 sheets, but I've had great results with folding those in half to make 5.5x8.5 sheets, and making the folded edge part of the spine. There are ways to print pages so they're double-sided and have two separate pages per side.

Sewing signatures into a hardcopy is way overkill, but the end result is pretty awesome. There are tutorials online for both of those, though the perfect binding is basically you making a homemade, possibly pre-filled notebook.

Just an idea, even though it's more of an arts and crafts thing.
That is an awesome idea. Thank you! I will definitively have to try that.

Any other ideas?

Nuclear Werewolf

Ah, quite welcome. Having fun doing the hardcopy binding thing currently, and I figured it may be relevant to your interests.

Snowblazer
Any other ideas?

Aside from a wall filled with notecards or sticky notes, think I'm fresh out, sorry.

Unless you think notecards would come in handy. They have cases for those, to keep a good-sized stack together. Not much writing you can do on them, but possibly good for fast facts.

Dapper Gaian

This might not be helpful, but you should try drawing them in a sketch book, if you are good at drawing them.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
BlueBubbegum
This might not be helpful, but you should try drawing them in a sketch book, if you are good at drawing them.
Sadly I am no good at drawing. I am teaching myself in between writing though.

Dapper Gaian

Oh well, guess I'm not helpful enough. But at least I tried. Hey, I joined your Writers guild. Cuase I like writing. smile Hope I can join.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff