Welcome to Gaia! ::

I memorize the page number, but if it's a book I'm not reading regularly (a school book, a nonfiction book--any book I pick up less than once a day) I'll use whatever scrap of paper is handy.
I use a bookmark. They look pretty!!! xd
I just remember the page I was on. Or try, anyway... doesn't always work.

For books that don't have page numbers on every pgae (most mangas) I'll flip to the last page number, and then count how many pages foreward I am... trying to remember "A hundred pages ahead of fifty-two" can get hard, though. sweatdrop
I typically use the receipt from the purchase of the book.

*pst* the Writers' section isn't for things like this, this question would be better asked in the Book subforum, since it pertains 100% to <i>reading</i> books, and 0% to <i>writing</i> books (or writing anything else for that matter).
Lately I've taken to remembering the page number, but it's hard because my memory's about as reliable as my car. sweatdrop

I hate dog-earing books and refuse to lend my precious babies to someone who mistreats their books in such a fashion. I also hate when people fold their paperbacks around, or place them down tent-style, since it ruins the spines. I don't use store-bought bookmarks with my paperbacks, because when jammed into the crease to keep them from falling out, the binding glue can be damaged.

I like using a stack of four or five small post-it notes; when the bottom one loses its stick, I peel it off, but usually I'll use whatever piece of paper comes to hand. Okay, so I'm obsessive-compulsive when it comes to book care. whee

I own paperbacks that are older than me, and overall they're in good condition. I do my best to keep and maintain my existing paperbacks because they're expensive these days; however I'm the only person in the family who takes such care.

At least I've been able to outright ban dogears and foldarounds, but my mom, especially, is unfriendly to my paperbacks, and it doesn't help that we've got a 1-year-old in the house who always wants to inspect whatever I've been holding recently. gonk
My family knows im obsessed with books, so instead of getting books i get bookmarks xp I have dozens of them stashed in already read books, shoe boxes and hidden under notebooks on my desk.

Ironiclly though, whenever i go to read a book, i can never find them. so i use the 'dog ears', or pieces of scrap paper i find around the house.
Sometimes I dog-ear pages, but I try not to do that except for on pages where there's a good quote or something... I also sometimes use scraps of paper, or post-it notes... but now I'm using a bookmark made of metal, that I love! ^-^ It has a great quote on it "Dreams are necessary to life." --Anais Nin
i usually use the recipt for books i recently bought and if its a library book with a card in the back like my school had i use that card, though i lost a few that way sweatdrop if its a book im re reading whatever happens to be on my desk, which is usually a lot.

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
I do have a bunch of bookmarks stuck somewhere, but I have no idea where they all ended up... I have one bookmark I've been using for a little over two years, with page numbers written on the back, but I seem to have misplaced it. Or maybe it's holding my place in Romeo and Juliet. Currently I'm using the "reserved book" sheet from one of my library books, the cardboard case from my disposable camera, and a folded up piece of paper from a trip I went on last month.

I need a real bookmark. All my good ones either got stolen or are marking places in my fairy tale reference books. I rarely dog-ear pages. My parents have an annoying habit of using tissues as bookmarks. (Clean tissues, of course.)
heh I usually lose my bookmarks, but I don't dog-ear either. I usually can remember the page number.
I memorize the pages. It's easier for me to do so. It also sets the limit of how many pages I want to read. You know, like sometimes I just don't want to memorize the number 256 so I read until 300 and then I stop.

Once, I used a dollar for a bookmark and my brother said that it would get stolen so I stopped.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff