Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Pumpkin

18,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Buggin' 500
Would you rather make art in words or paint? with words you can describe everthing were as in painting you can show how you feel about a scenery
I think everyone would want what they don't have. Im a pretty adequate writer, but I would love to be able to paint and draw beautifully. And a friend of mine is an awesome drawer and she told me she would kill to be able to write as well as me
You left out music. I'm a professional violinist and, honestly, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm on my way to becoming a conductor and I'll tell you, there's not really any better feeling than bringing someone to tears with your music. I'll also write, though, which is why I peruse these forums.

Demonic Pumpkin

18,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Buggin' 500
Just being able to write is ok or just being able to paint is ok but being able to do both is amazing. Almost like painting a wolf howling up at a full moon and writing a paragraph or poem to go with it. Poems art but in words how they gives us a picture in our heads on what the poems describing. Paintings are art but with paint with the waves of a brush. How the colors blend together to make a picture.

Demonic Pumpkin

18,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Buggin' 500
I saw how I left out music. I can't believe i left out music! How it soothes the soul with its loud and soft sounds. Swaying lifting the soul. Making it sing, making it fly! Always there to calm are spirit. I personally play the clarinet. I had tried to play the violin but it didn't suit me at all. Every note coming out like a screeching crow as if someone were to be strangling it but the clarinet, oh the clarinet, with its sound so sweet and divine to my clustard mind clearing it of any mess or doubts I ever had. ( btw i don't actually talk like this i just want you to get a picture in your mind about what im talking about xp xp xp whee whee whee whee whee xd xd xd )

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
Hmmm...for me, I'd rather write... I used to be very good in art. I could draw very well. But I lost my skill in drawing after I graduated high school. And I became very depressed due to issues and drama in my life that was happening so my writing began to get better and I stuck with writing because people enjoyed reading what I wrote. And I loved to express myself through words. I sometimes miss art particularly drawing...but hmm I kinda gave up on it now.. lol. I'm sticking with writing. ^-^ And I love music too! I like writing lyrics when I feel like it. I'm trying to learn the guitar as much as I can. whee And I'm also trying to learn the piano except that one may take me a while as I'm working on guitar for now. 4laugh

Demonic Pumpkin

18,950 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Buggin' 500
I'm glad that most of you have some sort of art in your lives biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin . Me I have all three but im not good at one but i keep trying biggrin biggrin biggrin I'm not very good with drawing but i keep practicing I also write poems everyone loves to read my poems biggrin biggrin biggrin and i'm glad to hear it i also play clarinet (as I already mentioned)

Dangerous Enabler

I enjoy writing things which will be illustrated. I sometimes draw, though not often. I often write. I enjoy both immensely, though writing more, as I have an easier time presenting things sequentially (I get too obsessed with detail in art).

I declare a false dichotomy and instruct all herein to go forth and read/observe/listen to Homestuck.
I'm not much of a painter, but I sketch/color a good deal in both traditional and digital mediums, and I also write a lot. I find that both have their perks and drawbacks; it depends on how I'm feeling at the moment whether words or sketches will be able to convey the concept better.

However, I have a friend that I've talked to about it in length. He's an art student, and he said once, "There are a thousand words in a picture, and so that's where I choose to tell my stories." I just thought it was very clever, and it's stuck with me a while =)
Why have one to the exclusion of others?
I greatly prefer writing to the others. I wouldn't mind to get back into painting again, though. I've never been a great fan of music, I could take it or leave it. Writing is definitely my favorite though.

Besides, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but a book is worth thousands upon thousands of words. wink (Just me being stupid, don't mind me.)

Questionable Streaker

I prefer writing, but if I had more painting/drawing ability I'd do that.
It's like music, I can play guitar, but I can't write any songs. To me, it's not a relaxing thing to play guitar, but I just know that when I get better at it I'm going to use it for my everything.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Striks
I think everyone would want what they don't have. Im a pretty adequate writer, but I would love to be able to paint and draw beautifully. And a friend of mine is an awesome drawer and she told me she would kill to be able to write as well as me

I completely agree with you! Even to the point of me wanting straight hair instead of curly hair!

But anyway, I wish I could draw. If I could draw my characters and the scenery I could see my novel so much better! I did try a few times but they ended up looking like a children's scribble.
Rennie`
Striks

I completely agree with you! Even to the point of me wanting straight hair instead of curly hair!

But anyway, I wish I could draw. If I could draw my characters and the scenery I could see my novel so much better! I did try a few times but they ended up looking like a children's scribble.

Haha. Yea. I had the same exact problem as that too. What I did was work together with my drawer friend and have her draw my characters and scenery. And visa-versa. It's a simple solution but it works wonders.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff