Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Zombies themselves are not overdone. However, you have to have more to a story than "it's about the zombie apocalypse" for anyone to be interested, because that on its own is, quite simply, not a good read. I don't mean to be offensive, it's just the way it is. It's like me telling someone I'm writing a story about a dragon that makes friends with a person. "Oh, yawn, that's only happened a million times before." But what if I tell them that the dragon is actually a secret agent for a pants factory, and the human is a robot who believes that pants ought to be made illegal?

...Okay, not quite like that, but you get the idea. If you're just writing "zombie apocalypse," then you'd better make sure you have some REALLY interesting characters that bring something new to the table. If not, you're going to need some plots within that in order to keep people interested. Maybe one of the characters falls in love with a zombie, or there's some zombie cult that believes being undead is the way of the future.
Yea, they kind of are overdone, but that isn't always a bad thing. Things get done a lot when people like them, so zombies are doing something right. I'd rather read a good story about an overdone subject over a poorly written story about a less common subject any day.

Profitable Businessman

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
zombies are not overdone imo

but I would like to see something new with zombies that I haven't seen. Basically all I see with zombies is they run around attacking people eating and killing who they can and infecting who they can't.

a couple things I haven't seen in movies yet: a romance involving one or more zombies, and since zombies are originally linked with African voodoo irl I can't figure out why zombies are never linked to voodoo in any movie

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
After George A. Romeo's Night Of The Living Dead, the idea of it is kind of overdone. But if it's not taken from an idea that already out there like Night Of The Living Dead and Return Of The Living Dead, then it might be a excellent story. But Night Of The Living Dead and Return Of The Living Dead are the best ones made though.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jeronus

a couple things I haven't seen in movies yet: a romance involving one or more zombies, and since zombies are originally linked with African voodoo irl I can't figure out why zombies are never linked to voodoo in any movie

What you need are cheesy Korean zombies. They're similar to voudun zombies in that they're created and controlled.

Diamond Bear

like any other genre or plot, you have to take the idea and spin it to make it original to you.

personally, my favorite zombie-related stories are 28 Days Later and The Walking Dead. 28 Days Later is great because it involves political and social struggles while making the zombies believable in the sense they literally "starve to death" (haha bad joke). What made The Walking Dead so different is that it never explains WHY the dead are walking around and eating people. instead the graphic novel/tv show focuses on the survivors and creates all these intricate relationships while kicking zombie a**. also, the idea they're already infected helps stir up the drama.

Darkesu's Darling

People are fascinated with the walking dead because of the fact that none of us have seen the otherside.
Zombies can never be overdone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces