Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, I have a lot of ideas, so I'll just post brief summaries below. However, I'd like to know: Which ones are the best/should I definetely work on? And which ones are the worst (compared to the others)? -Just need a few opinions before putting work and effort into something that might not be good/worthy (however, I'll still take my own opinions into account obviously.), However, this is also just as much for fun as it's for the sake of seeing criticism on my ideas.
If you want any details about a specific idea/summary listed below, feel free to ask for one. (I obviously can't detail it like crazy since there's like 10 of them, so hopefully those short summaries should be enough)

Also, please note that X or Z just means that there's no name for the person/term mentioned.

1) UNNAMED STORY: "She was always the weirdo, the one who claimed she could see ghosts, spirits, demons; stuff like that. I actually felt quite bad for her for being ignored by everyone, because obviously, she was just lying, right?..." That's what I would've thought back then... Until I finally got to know her and realized why people were afraid. (mystery+thriller?)

2) Sentimental Gears (not final title): Humanity had finally done it; they'd designed human robots that could talk and act (and even feel) just like real humans. However, it was soon revealed that the process in creating these robots required countless sacrifices of real humans' lives, and soon after that it was put down for good. But how is the last one of these robots with human emotions/thoughts going to make it through a society containing a strong hate for his kind?

3) A Dangerously Realistic Fantasy (not final title): A young girl by the name of X never really "embraced" the real world. She would always rather stay by herself inside to think and daydream about all the countless characters she'd already made up, and had even started feeling like they were her only real friends... However, she'd never expect them all to suddenly appear in her appartment one morning. (fantasy+____?)

4) UNNAMED STORY: "Humans are so easy to deceive, aren't they?" I had snickered that one day, and I would've still thought the same today if only that damn human hadn't proved me wrong.(fantasy+_?) (NOTE: Basically, there are creatures, or you could say "gods" if you prefer, that create, plan and control humans' fates; making sure that specific circumstances will happen one after another to steer humans into any direction they could wish for, kind of like a sick game of life; however, there's one human that'd begun to take notice of this somehow... I'm still kinda planning on how orz;; )

5) UNNAMED STORY:"This world truly is cruel, huh?"... That's what he said before they took him away... And I shall wager everything I have to get him back and fight a corrupted society of gamblers. (fantasy+thriller?) (NOTE: Basically, it's a world where the rich gamble over the poors' rights. I won't go into much depth about this story here since it's still in its VERY early planning phase.)

6) UNNAMED STORY: They were filthy; no, disgusting even. They didn't belong anywhere. They weren't supposed to exist, nor were they ever really born or dead. They just appeared for no reason other than to claim their spot as the only flaw in our creations; those creations that -we- had struggled to create and had come to love... Those flaws were also known as glitches.. (sci-fi+___?) (NOTE: Basically, in this story, glitches are portrayed as actual creatures that can appear out of nowhere and be more powerful the greater the program they were created in, and only disappear if they themselves have the will to or if the program is permanently removed. However, none of this is final yet as I literally just came up with this idea yesterday.. However, I'm planning to write it from the viewpoint of an actual glitch.)

7) UNNAMED STORY: That day, I had quite possibly received the greatest shock in my entire life... The neighboring planets in our solar system had just vanished entirely so suddenly one day, leaving even the most genius scientists baffled and speechless... However, that's not what shocked me the most... It was seeing a bunch of freaks in my door shortly after that incident, all claiming to be "planetary"... Or something like that. (sci-fi+___?)

8 ) UNNAMED STORY: Our duty as programs are simple: to assist humans and obey every little command. We were never meant to feel or have our own say in things, nor should it ever be possible... If that's how it is, then am I even a program anymore at this point? Am I even supposed to be a program? Or am I meant to be this attached to my master? (sci-fi+possibly romance?)

9) UNNAMED STORY: When a person's assigned day of death arrives, it's the Xs' job to take care of it (including the death cause). If they aren't there to assist the human to either heaven or hell, the human will be assigned to become an X themselves. However, there are a few specific rules for this: 1) An X must fulfill their job, otherwise they'll eventually have their soul seperated from their body to become akin to what you might call a lifeless, empty shell. 2) If a person ends up being braindead in an accident, it's up to a select group of X to decide whether or not the human is supposed to live further or not. If yes, then they'll end up having reduced strength for a long period of time as a "sacrifice.", but if no, the human is assigned to either heaven or hell as per usual procedure, and the group of X involved will have no effects afterwards, and 3) If an X kills a specific amount of humans without their assigned death date, heavy (although unknown) punishment will be involved... However, being the lucky person I am, I just had to become one of them by a stupid, unknown accident, even though I was supposed to live.

10) Taming a Brat: X has always had this bad habit of not staying in an orphanage for longer than six months... However, the owners of a specific orphanage had decided to change that pattern and had assigned their son, Z to take care of his behavior. Little did they know that it'd take longer than expected to tame a restless brat like X. (comedy_?) (NOTE: Well, this one is obviously just something I'm thinking of for fun. It's a lot lighter and a lot more cliché than the others, but hey, it's just a little experiment I'm considering, because why not?)

Man, this already got super long, and that's why I'm not gonna detail it any further (as much as I'd love to). I could rant for ages if I don't stop here, so I'll just leave it up to you as the reader of this long post to comment on your opinions on several of these silly little story ideas.

High-functioning Noob

2 and 9 are your best. do not even touch 1, 3, 7, or 8. Would like to hear more on two and nine. good luck!

Tipsy Humorist

9,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
1,4,9, and 2 have great potential!

Unsealed Dabbler

Any of them have potential, which one(s) are YOU most interested in writing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff