Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Exhibitionist

Tsuki Z
OH MY GOD!!! Someone finally sees it!! I've been ranting about this for ages!! Especially since they like all those angels and vampires falling in love with teenage school girl stories!!
It's because vampires are young and byootiful forever and ever, so they don't have wrinkles. Wrinkles are gross. rolleyes It's not like a wide gap in age experience will affect anything more than, say, your biological age. stressed

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Tsuki Z

We're all the same age; 19. We were in the same high school class, that's how we met.

That's... odd. No offense, I assumed they were around 13, as that's the youngest gaia-legal age, and it'd actually make sense for their attitudes.

19 doesn't sound all that smart about an age gap in romance. They should know basic history and (I'm hoping) the actual important things that are needed for a relationship.

Savage Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
Alberic of Krufton
Tsuki Z
OH MY GOD!!! Someone finally sees it!! I've been ranting about this for ages!! Especially since they like all those angels and vampires falling in love with teenage school girl stories!!
It's because vampires are young and byootiful forever and ever, so they don't have wrinkles. Wrinkles are gross. rolleyes It's not like a wide gap in age experience will affect anything more than, say, your biological age. stressed

Oh yeah, you would have so much more in common with a man who lived in the 17th century then you would with a thirty - forty year old man.
Makes sense.

Savage Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
I_Write_Ivre
Tsuki Z

We're all the same age; 19. We were in the same high school class, that's how we met.

That's... odd. No offense, I assumed they were around 13, as that's the youngest gaia-legal age, and it'd actually make sense for their attitudes.

19 doesn't sound all that smart about an age gap in romance. They should know basic history and (I'm hoping) the actual important things that are needed for a relationship.

We're not big on world history in my country. The only world history we do is Islamic history (despite the diverse races, we're still an Islamic country). Our world history was condensed into one chapter.
The one who's complaining the loudest is the one who had been in relationships before.
Everything I know is from observation and research.
Tsuki Z

I don't get it. If you're complaining about *****, then what the hell is Edward Cullen and the rest of them?!
And not to mention the girls falling in love with the vampires! Necrophilia at play! How can these be so much more acceptable than a live, breathing human being being in love with someone younger or older??
And the reason why this whole shenanigan started was because I was trying to do something that fits the time period of the story

Exactly! *high five*

That kind of stuff has always bothers me. It's why none of my centuries-old characters fall in love with anyone but other characters from their race/age, if at all.

You seem knowledgeable enough to pull off the relationship you're going for, so my advice is don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Just see how it turns out. Good luck!

Ivre: You'd be surprised at how much some people our age are stupid around things. The girl controlling the vampire in the role play was not that much younger than me (I'm 19 as well now), if not the same age. I know that her best friend had to be around my age if not older and she condoned it. Not to say there aren't people of our generation that know better, but... Sometimes I can't help but feel they are in the minority.

Savage Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
Kairi Nightingale
Tsuki Z

I don't get it. If you're complaining about *****, then what the hell is Edward Cullen and the rest of them?!
And not to mention the girls falling in love with the vampires! Necrophilia at play! How can these be so much more acceptable than a live, breathing human being being in love with someone younger or older??
And the reason why this whole shenanigan started was because I was trying to do something that fits the time period of the story

Exactly! *high five*

That kind of stuff has always bothers me. It's why none of my centuries-old characters fall in love with anyone but other characters from their race/age, if at all.

You seem knowledgeable enough to pull off the relationship you're going for, so my advice is don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Just see how it turns out. Good luck!

Ivre: You'd be surprised at how much some people our age are stupid around things. The girl controlling the vampire in the role play was not that much younger than me (I'm 19 as well now), if not the same age. I know that her best friend had to be around my age if not older and she condoned it. Not to say there aren't people of our generation that know better, but... Sometimes I can't help but feel they are in the minority.

Yeah, I think I'll go ahead with the story. But I'll post it straight into wattpad instead of showing it to them. I'll just need to do a bit more research. Maybe contact a few people who claim to be in such a relationship.
I act like an immature idiot at times, but that's because I like keeping low standards on myself in public.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Kairi Nightingale

I headdesk at the thoughts of that rp.

Given where I grew up, I probably shouldn't be surprised. Then again, I really don't want to expect less than sanity and common sense from people.

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Tsuki Z
Kairi Nightingale
I find it funny how much more people seem comfortable with a 3000 year old vampire dating a teen human in modern times than with a young teen character marrying an older adult in times where this was actually acceptable.

I was in a role play where a 300 year old female vampire fell in love with a 10 year old in a modern setting.... and that's not including the senseless fact that the vampire was attending high school in the role play for absolutely no reason at all. Seriously, what is wrong with people these days?

I say, as long as it makes sense in the context of the story, it's fine. Go for it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Free Birds in the Sky...!
Please Give us the Truth..!
Is there Humanity on Mother Earth?!

It's all appearance. A vampire vamped at 23 will look 23 even at 400.
The Dragon Girl in my posting style is 1000. She looks, well, 10. She's controversial as all hell in the fandom (Fire Emblem Awakening) as she's a romance-able character. If she falls in love, yes, she does have a child, like the rest of the pair-able characters. People treat her as though she is 10. (Although, to be fair, she sorta acts like it. Intentionally.)

If you keep on holding,
Holding dying flowers..!
A soft answer turns away the Wrath!!

RAIN IN VAIN!!

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Airship Canon

It's all appearance.

To the dumb readers or to readers in general, or in books?

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I_Write_Ivre
Airship Canon

It's all appearance.

The Love that Lasts the Longest...

Say something new!
I have nothing left...
I can't face the DARK without you!

To those who aren't paying attention to things in general.
There's nothing left to lose..!
The fight never ends!!

...Is the One that can never be.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Airship Canon
I_Write_Ivre
Airship Canon

It's all appearance.

The Love that Lasts the Longest...

Say something new!
I have nothing left...

To those who aren't paying attention to things in general.
There's nothing left to lose..!
The fight
never ends!!

...Is the One that can never be.

Makes sense. I mean, does anyone think about how inconvenient it would be to be seventeen forever or to date someone who looked seventeen all their life?

Shirtless Wench

Fire your friends. They can't critique worth s**t.

If you're explaining to them that, historically, this age gap was fine, and they can't see that, then they can't critique your writing.

Unless you'd be satisfied with s**t writing. Then keep them as critics.

But otherwise, fire them.

My two best friends are strong critics of my work - but do I always hang off their words? No.
          I've written several scenarios which they've thought were "strange" or "weird" - but upon completion of the story, they re-read the scenes and find they work perfectly with what I wanted to accomplish.
          Very much the same with the opposite - they liked a scene, but I changed it completely despite their protests and it turned out much better than before.

TL;DR
          Fire your friends - they're dolts in literature.

Dapper Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Tsuki Z

However, my friends who are my critics, really, really hated it because they said it was "icky".
how old are your friends? by medieval times this kind of thing had been going on for a thousand years or more. as for modern times, i would advise that the younger character be at least 18. 18 & 38? it happens in real life anyway. look up 'elektra syndrome' it's basically the female version of oedipus syndrome.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
el hombre luchadore
Tsuki Z

However, my friends who are my critics, really, really hated it because they said it was "icky".
how old are your friends? by medieval times this kind of thing had been going on for a thousand years or more. as for modern times, i would advise that the younger character be at least 18. 18 & 38? it happens in real life anyway. look up 'elektra syndrome' it's basically the female version of oedipus syndrome.

You don't need an Elektra or Oedipus complex to like someone far older or far younger than you. Love is about trust, compatible personalities, and consent, and kindness. 18 and 38 are both ages that are fully capable of all of those things.

Anxious Citizen

Yeah… No. Your friends are being utterly ridiculous.

They're both adults, they're consenting, deal with it. Compared to some of the vampire romances I've read, that is excellent. Romance is not my genre, but I don't mind it being a part of a story, and I would hardly care that there is a large age-gap… Especially back when it was far more common than having someone your own age with you.

Hell, I personally feel that such relationships are more interesting, really. There's more to think about and more to weigh. Makes for a more interesting setup. Go for it, and ignore the comments about it being "icky". Write it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff