Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Dabbler

9,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
I need advice on how to write sex scenes. Any advice or tips you can recommend? Hopefully this is okay to post. sweatdrop redface

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Same as any other scene.
meuIin
I need advice on how to write sex scenes. Any advice or tips you can recommend? Hopefully this is okay to post. sweatdrop redface

Read more adult sex scenes, it's only so much you can do during sex =/

Celestial Spirit

Hm... For some reason the only sex-scenes I actually remember liking were in the Clan of the Cave Bear series... sweatdrop If you want examples, The Mammoth Hunters has my favorite.
I suppose my suggestion would be, don't rush it. Pay attention to the details and focus on the character's senses.
meuIin

It depends on what the rest of the story is about.

If the scene is necessary (like in the case of romantic novels) then the reader is reading it for the express purpose of enguaging in the scene for the passion.

If your book is just about a romance that occurs but the plot surrounding it is the focus rather than the romance, then you need not even describe the sex scene so much as describe the process leading up to, and the feelings after, the sex.

And if there isn't romance, and the characters are just knockin' boots as a plot tool, you need only describe it loosely and in a quick and dirty fashion, since that's essentially what the sex is....

Anyway, i think most sex scenes in books are mostly unnecessary, and could be done by simply following the second piece of advice about the build up and feelings after. It's been done really well in a lot of books, take "14" for example. Or the Monster Hunter International series. Mostly just skips over the sex and discusses the character's feelings.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
That's honestly way too vague a question for us to answer without more context. What kind of story are you writing, what kind of relationship do your characters have, and what do you want the sex scene(s) to convey?
Lazarus Larkin
That's honestly way too vague a question for us to answer without more context. What kind of story are you writing, what kind of relationship do your characters have, and what do you want the sex scene(s) to convey?

Right. This is essentially what I said only I used way more words.
It depends on how realistic the context requires the scene to be. I've noticed a good amount of physical affection instances are written more as the fantasy dream of the event, as opposed to reflecting how real people engage one another. If you're going for that fantasy/perfect scenario, then just read sex scenes in the kinds of books and stories that are similar to what you're writing. If you're going for more realistic scenes, then it's more helpful to have personal experience and talk to friends and such about their experiences (if they're willing to share!).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff