Welcome to Gaia! ::

Two of my stories both start with a tragedy that the main character was somehow involved in and ends up with him/her going on some sort of quest to fix everything. It's a cliche plot, but it helps me improve on my writing. The rest of my stories involve unexpected romance between a sarcastic boy and an innocent girl--another cliche. Even though my stories seem to have the same basic flow, I add in so much detail and plot twists that nobody who has read my stories has ever told me that they've noticed a pattern.

Besides, all writers have a style of some sort. Maybe that is why all of your stories seem the same...it's just your style.

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
Not really, since from story to story I'll invent different races, different religions, cultures, etc. I even have a world where the countries don't exactly have names. They're all the [Northern/Southern/Eastern/Western/Central] [Empire/Nation/Territory/Kingdom], except for the Central Empire, which had a name, but the place has been decimated, so it doesn't really matter anymore. (And was it really an Empire? It was so small!)
Not always.
Eh, sometimes. Not that often, since I do have continuing themes in my stories, but my characters do tend to be completely different people, even if they're often similar in some ways (being all created by me). But few of my stories could actually connect in any way that would make sense, and almost none of them could actually be collapsed into one (and whenever something like that happens, I do collapse the two stories into one, to make a stronger story!). I try to make all my books mean something and do something slightly different for me, so they're interesting and fun and funny, and always something someone would feel happy they'd paid money to vuy. ^_^
That sort of thing happens to me quite a bit. Sometimes it's just the characters, other times it seems like parts of the plot. Writer's deja vu. wink
Not really. I make my stories so far out there that they really have no conection to each other whatsoever. The only reason three of them do is because they're part of one larger story.

Fashionable Lover

Nah, I don't really see that in my stories...the main characters are always completely different, and sometimes even the way I write is different because of the character.
My plotlines usually stay very separate, but I only have about six characters. Oh, I have about five hundred some names, but they're only used for various different versions of the same six characters. At least I know those personalities fairly well by now... xd

Fashionable Dabbler

8,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Full closet 200
Almost every story I write is in someway connected to another. They all have to do with vampires, demons, or just beings of a hellish sort.
yes. may be because they're your stories, and they share something in common because the same writer wrote them. The thoughts and ideas you expressed into your story problably gave the two a similarity, even though the plot and morral may be totally different, the similarity is that you wrote it and they were both vreated by one creative mind.. catch my drift?
kinda yet not.. but that happens

Gracious Citizen

Nah, my stories are all seperate entities. I fear that I'll get far too boring if I focus on one major plotline and ran with it for most of my life (like my firend has...). *shudder* So each story I create has its own characters, its own world, its own history, and so on. The only thing I do that remotely resembles your situation is that, since I like to write in fantasy worlds, and I'm a very generic sort of person, the worlds in which my fantasy stories take place could easily be melded into one. There's just not that much real detail to them, so it's easy. But they're not and never will be.
sometimes I have one overlying story that I choose to break up into smaller stories so that it is more managable, for the reader and for me. And other times I just keep thinking about the same stuff and feel like I just can't seem to move on.
I haven't done much on the lines of original fiction yet, but I have done other stuff. I don't have your problem. Instead, I always seem to get inspired for the wrong thing, like a later chapter when the next chapter isn't done, or a new story idea. It's rather poopish. I understand your frustration though. sweatdrop

5,975 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
No. Each story I write is completely different from the last.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff