Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Humorist

Well I have been writing for about three years now. Lately, I have been noticing that a lot of my story's storylines run together. It is kinda scarry how that is happening to me. Maybe it is just because I need to write on one story and get past page three or maybe it is because I dont have much creativity. Anyways, here is the question. Do any of your stories seem like you could combine them into one?
All the time, all the time. I used to have more than a dozen plotlines that revolved in my head, and now there are only two. Many of them got combined, some got deleted, and some got elaborated on. The biggest reason for the combination of two or more stories, in my experience, is a lack of development in all of them. When mixed together, all of the plotlines get the benefits from the others, and it all seems more complete, in a way.
well I'm not that sure, since all the sotries I've written so far has a theme that my teacher wants it to be, and if I want to write my own sotry, it will be more than20 pgs long or more. But they kinda do semm like they could be one whole story. Probably because its the kind of stories you write or soemting.
Not exactly in the same way yours do, but yeah, I sometimes get random story ideas that I later incorporate into already-existing stories, because they fit just right.

Wheezing Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
actually, all my stories were designed to be able to combine them into one loooooong tale. so yes, i suppose.

Dapper Humorist

Well what happens to me is that my stories all lead into each other and it is getting quite annoying. I've tried doing something with a totally different plot and it just ended up going right back to the same thing...
Quote:
Well what happens to me is that my stories all lead into each other and it is getting quite annoying. I've tried doing something with a totally different plot and it just ended up going right back to the same thing...

Yupyup, I've had that too.
That happens to me a lot. sweatdrop I make a lot of one-shots, and sometimes when I get writer's block, I think of doing the same thing that I did from my other story, before I slap myself to reality to be a little bit more creative... There's a lot of stuff that can be your inspiration, so when you think that something is worth turning into a story (like just a scene or something...), then write it down so you won't forget, or just pin it in your mind. whee
A few times that has happened but I work to try to keep that from happening. Its a very popular occurance I've been told.
yes it has alot with me. often u can screw up idea's after you find certain things u like about it and put it in to a current story line u make.the first time around in writing you will never totally have what u want.
Not that I am aware of... sweatdrop

Chatty Nerd

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
yes, I acually think I did by accident one time. I brought some of the charecter's from one story, and put them into another.
That happens to me a lot. When that happens to me I just write a story with the ideas combined.
For me, it seems to vary a lot. I have my two main stories that I work on a lot, and occasionally I have an idea that could either be it's own story, or it would work well to incorporate it in one of my existing stories. All in all though, I don't find that they run together.
Quote:
Well I have been writing for about three years now. Lately, I have been noticing that a lot of my story's storylines run together. It is kinda scarry how that is happening to me. Maybe it is just because I need to write on one story and get past page three or maybe it is because I dont have much creativity. Anyways, here is the question. Do any of your stories seem like you could combine them into one?

I had once written a fanfiction of 334 pages... Combining the plots of at about 8 unfinished fanfictions and working them into one, huge plot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff