Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Demigod

12,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I_Write_Ivre
Ria Ameino

Did not mean to sound negative. Also I am wanting other writers who enjoy books and who also have written (so they really understand the differences in the two styles) to give me advice. I have already written it in 3rd person but have contemplated writing it in 1st as well.

Advice is good, but still, there's very few definite instances where one is better than the other.

What genre or age group are you writing?

Genre is very fantasy oriented. I already decided to keep it in 3rd person because when I attempted to do a POV of a certain character I killed how she is supposed to seem outwardly, and I have too many characters/ mini sidestories that cannot be captured in 1st person.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Ria Ameino
I_Write_Ivre
Ria Ameino

Did not mean to sound negative. Also I am wanting other writers who enjoy books and who also have written (so they really understand the differences in the two styles) to give me advice. I have already written it in 3rd person but have contemplated writing it in 1st as well.

Advice is good, but still, there's very few definite instances where one is better than the other.

Genre is very fantasy oriented. I already decided to keep it in 3rd person because when I attempted to do a POV of a certain character I killed how she is supposed to seem outwardly, and I have too many characters/ mini sidestories that cannot be captured in 1st person.

I've only read one fantasy story that was first person (and I love fantasy), and that was a short-story collection to a series that was over twenty books of third person.

Lonely Demigod

12,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I_Write_Ivre
Ria Ameino
I_Write_Ivre
Ria Ameino

I've only read one fantasy story that was first person (and I love fantasy), and that was a short-story collection to a series that was over twenty books of third person.

Hmm....
I used to HATE first person books, but I think it was just the authors I hated. Stephen King and a few other authors I love sometimes publish in first, and I'm starting to like it more now! For me, it depends on the author and the book.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Msmishilynn
I used to HATE first person books, but I think it was just the authors I hated. Stephen King and a few other authors I love sometimes publish in first, and I'm starting to like it more now! For me, it depends on the author and the book.

This. I hated biographies even more, but If Chins Could Kill and...some book written by two black sisters who lived over a hundred years (damn, I wish I could remember), were some of my favorite books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff