My junior year I started liking someone [a freshman], and by senior year I was hoping to go to prom with him. It would have been a dream come true!

So senior year, a couple months prior, I asked him to go with me, and he said yes! I was *VERY* happy and excited.

Although for awhile there was a "I don't know if I can make it" kind of thing, I still tried to keep my hopes up.

Then as it got closer we kept talking about it.

And then a few days before my actually happened, he told me his parents wouldn't let him go. [Bad grades that really weren't all that bad. Wtf?]

His dad was a bit of an angry drunk and his mom went along with his father's words.

So when he told me he couldn't go, I was very upset. I mean, girls dream of going to prom with someone they care about, right? And me being totally in love with this guy, was heartbroken. Probably for selfish reasons, but still. That ruined my dream.

I had a very pretty dress, and I didn't really feel like going anymore, but I did anyway cuz all the expenses were final.

I tried not to dwell over it, but it was upsetting cuz I think I really was one of a few people who went stag. And I suppose it wasn't a horrible prom, but it wasn't very exciting. The food was awesome. That's about it... I didn't even get to dance with any guys, really.

And although this was a year ago, I'm still a bit upset... I guess I just can't help it. I think if he would have gone with me he would have had a good time [I know I would have been in a better mood...]

Now he's a junior, and I saw him a couple weeks ago, and he said he was going. Thinking about how lucky that girl was made me maaaaad. >.<

Although, he said she was a kind of boring person. The school prom ended up being last week, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it yet.. =/

Although, lots of the pics from my prom were cute.

I really like this one. [It's obvious who I am. lol]

User Image

And other than my little problem, one of my friends got very upset she wasn't prom queen. >>;