Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a true story. But it's not one of those stories that has a funny ending. At least, it didn't for me.

So, I'm gay. My school was fairly accepting, but there were only a couple of other gay kids there. I went to the GSA dances, and those were awesome. Really, they were. I decided to go to my junior prom with one of my friends (female). I got there, and there were over 200 couples, and every single one of them was straight. Even the few gay guys had, like me, found a female friend and gone with her.
I felt like I totally didn't belong in society as a whole.

So, after prom, I went back home, and OD'd on drugs. I kinda changed my mind after I took them, and told my parents, who called 911. I was in the hospital, but could only bring myself to tell 3 of my friends. The rest don't know.

I skipped senior prom, as well as all college dance parties so far. My college friends think I'm really weird and anti-social for skipping out.

So yeah. That's my worst prom experience.
User Image
And the reason to your almost suicide was because you were gay?

I'm questing 100 signs.
comment | give me signs | donate
ume x Origami Airplanes
User Image

I'm questing 100 signs.

not directly. I just felt completely out of place - like I didn't belong for some reason. Part of that might be the gay thing, but part of it was probably just me.
spndx3141
ume x Origami Airplanes
User Image

I'm questing 100 signs.

not directly. I just felt completely out of place - like I didn't belong for some reason. Part of that might be the gay thing, but part of it was probably just me.

User Image

Well, I did the same thing on almost the same thing. I told my dad I was a f**, he rejected me, school was hell, and my friends ignored me. Completely unrelated to proms though.

I'm questing 100 signs.

Sweet Victory

A few months ago a physics major asked me why I hate being social.
I have a class with him but he noticed that even though him and his friend (a girl) keep trying to take me to college parties I leave during the first 5 minutes.

I hate major parties. They make you feel like if your not exactly how everyone else is you are messed up.

User Image
---------------------------------
You should have brought a guy. Be yourself.
Just because everyone else is scared to doesn't mean you should be.
(says the girl with purple hair and more holes in her face than a whiffle ball. >.< wink
I'm sorry you had to feel like that. On the bright side, gay is totally "in" right now. ^_^ haha.

---------------------------------
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff