Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where was your prom held?

a fancy resort?
a tent on your football field?

Brag about how awesome the setup was, or complain about how ghetto it was!

Post your prom locations here!

My senior prom was held at a Car Garage >.< It was kinda lame.
Terrible music too...
I never even had prom

3,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
our school dosent have a prom

13,450 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Winter Guardian 250
we had ours at a fortress

wasn't that special
My happened in a barn, the ceilings were like 40ft up so decorations were impossible. Yeah. It smelled like the Stock Show and they played terrible hard rap and lothesome country. Magical. I think not.

Ornate Gaian

Mine was held at the city's Convention Center. It was ok... could've been worse I guess.
Mine was held in the high school's commons area (lunchroom), but we had a fantastic band.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
Heh, I'm lucky enough to have the opportunity to go to two proms. I went with my friends to theirs last year, and mine's being held at the same place this year.

It's in a really gorgeous hotel downtown. There's a buffet dinner, and the school hires a DJ to provide the music. The room it's held in even has a dance floor!

I can't wait to go again...three weeks!

Very.Slowly.Dying.

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Ours was held this year at a pretty nice hotel (probably so the students could rent rooms to make babies). The two years I will be able to go to prom (2009 and 2010) we get stuck at this real rundown old hotel.

It's not like I'm going to go anyway *shrugs*
I'm from England so we don't do proms, but my Leaver's Ball - which was pretty much the same thing, just far more low-key, with plainer frocks and a bar (drinking age in England is 18 and by the time we left school we were pretty much all old enough to drink if we wanted to) and a dinner, and no need to find a date if you didn't want one - was held in the function suite of the local Cricket Club. Not as iffy as it sounds; the place was nothing special, but it was perfectly passable, the food was pretty good, there was a cheap bar and it was quite nice getting to wander out onto the cricket pitch during the evening.

My 'date' - read, boy I caught a lift with and who my dad drove back - got drunk and passed out, but since we weren't actually dating, just a pair of antisocial nerds who'd agreed to travel up together, I didn't feel this reflected particularly poorly on me and just got on with enjoying myself.
silvia lin
I'm from England so we don't do proms, but my Leaver's Ball - which was pretty much the same thing, just far more low-key, with plainer frocks and a bar (drinking age in England is 18 and by the time we left school we were pretty much all old enough to drink if we wanted to) and a dinner, and no need to find a date if you didn't want one - was held in the function suite of the local Cricket Club. Not as iffy as it sounds; the place was nothing special, but it was perfectly passable, the food was pretty good, there was a cheap bar and it was quite nice getting to wander out onto the cricket pitch during the evening.

My 'date' - read, boy I caught a lift with and who my dad drove back - got drunk and passed out, but since we weren't actually dating, just a pair of antisocial nerds who'd agreed to travel up together, I didn't feel this reflected particularly poorly on me and just got on with enjoying myself.

We do do proms in England, because we had one at the end of year 11, and now we are about to have one in year 13. So yeh, drinking age is now legal ^^ But our yr 11 one we had it in a field that the 'tent' wasn't big enough to fit us all in if it rained, and all our heels were sinking into the mud... But this year we are going to a hotel, which Limos can actually get to, and so we should have a better time, its right near the town for clubbing afterwards too .

Quotable Conversationalist

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
I remember my prom..it was ghetto as hell. We had it at this nice hotel, but I couldn't even stay on the dance floor long since people were taking off their shoes and piling them in the middle of the floor, which made the place smell uber-funky....ewww. Then it got shut down early when some people from the rival school decided to come crash our prom and start a big fight...there went my 50 bucks. We had freaking fried chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner(along with biscuits), which wasn't even good(I could taste the grease before I could taste the actual food), and basically told my date to go ******** himself since he wanted to be a complete jerk to me and my friends.
The school gym, but I didn't go.
The year I did go, it was held at an old skating rink. It was lame. I hated it. I never went again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff