Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need a bit of help on her right arm. It looks a bit weird to me. Suggestions or red-lines appreciated.
User Image

Angelic Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Try having the shoulder area smaller. To me it looks a tad to big.

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
What I'd do for this situation is relax and drop the shoulders to fit in with the position of the forearms and make the upper arms a more proportionate length. Since it looks like you're going more for realism, I tried to imply that the neck was twisting and show what muscles would be involved in that and how the collarbones would hook up to the shoulders and how the arm connects to the upper body.

If you want to have the shoulders more raised it would take a more intensive redrawing of the piece, lifting up the fore arms more, but with shoulders that high it would look really awkward.

User Image

Nekokannes's Wife

Tipsy Conversationalist

10,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
I dunno about it being too big, or needing to be relaxed. I think the part that you're finding wrong with it is the fact that the shoulder and arm in the front is completely outlined, it looks separate from the drawing and is creating issues. You should probably erase some of the line on the inside so that instead of being a separate entity, it looks connected to her.

Move both arms out a little, the back shoulder needs to be less...severely rounded.
Red line over here

Also, would you be willing to take a look at my WIP? [x]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas