Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100
I was just wondering what people think of my drawing (and it is meant to be cartoonish not realistic)
My Drawing

Fashionable Businessman

6,175 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Angry Cute Mogas
I was just wondering what people think of my drawing (and it is meant to be cartoonish not realistic)
My Drawing

I can't see it o.o it won't let me for some reason..

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100
grr okay give me a min it wont let me either

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100

Newbie Noob

9,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Tycoon 200
Server not found. emotion_donotwant
I completely understand that you are going for a cartoon feel, and I commend that, cartoonists are some of my favorite artists.

Now, for the drawing itself. Anatomy practice. I cannot support this enough. Everyone who has a successful cartoon style started with real anatomy. Once you have that down, you can more realistically distort the anatomy and give it the cartoon feel you want. As it stands, almost all of your anatomy is off. If the seam in the dress is the start of her hips (which I would assume is the case), it's too far down, the legs and torso are not he same length, this is true for most, if not all, cartoon styles. Her head is too small for her body, and by extension, her neck is as well. Her shoulders should not be so square, as she is a lady. Though it is true some women have wider shoulders than others, they are never square, women tend to have more rounded shoulders. Also, I can see that you're avoiding hands, and probably feet (the bane of my existence), which is perfectly normal for tons of artists. You can never spend too much time studying, or too much time practicing.

As to the quality of the art, the fact that the picture was taken with a camera can be easily overlooked, lots of people do that. Drawing on unlined paper will improve the quality by leaps and bounds. Sketching on lined paper? A-okay. Finished drawings on lined paper? Always looked sloppy. Your coloring is very uneven. I'm far from a master at traditional media, so I would suggest looking up some spiffy pencil coloring tutorials online, I'm sure you'll find plenty.

Cheers! Good luck with your arting endeavors!
sorry the link seems broken...
when you out up your image make sure the URL is .COM not .NET

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100
xNotDeadYetx
I completely understand that you are going for a cartoon feel, and I commend that, cartoonists are some of my favorite artists.

Now, for the drawing itself. Anatomy practice. I cannot support this enough. Everyone who has a successful cartoon style started with real anatomy. Once you have that down, you can more realistically distort the anatomy and give it the cartoon feel you want. As it stands, almost all of your anatomy is off. If the seam in the dress is the start of her hips (which I would assume is the case), it's too far down, the legs and torso are not he same length, this is true for most, if not all, cartoon styles. Her head is too small for her body, and by extension, her neck is as well. Her shoulders should not be so square, as she is a lady. Though it is true some women have wider shoulders than others, they are never square, women tend to have more rounded shoulders. Also, I can see that you're avoiding hands, and probably feet (the bane of my existence), which is perfectly normal for tons of artists. You can never spend too much time studying, or too much time practicing.

As to the quality of the art, the fact that the picture was taken with a camera can be easily overlooked, lots of people do that. Drawing on unlined paper will improve the quality by leaps and bounds. Sketching on lined paper? A-okay. Finished drawings on lined paper? Always looked sloppy. Your coloring is very uneven. I'm far from a master at traditional media, so I would suggest looking up some spiffy pencil coloring tutorials online, I'm sure you'll find plenty.

Thx for the info.
I did this a while again and haven't gotten a chance to update something better but thx again
Oh and the seam oh the dress isn't started at the hips I noticed that I kinda messed that up sweatdrop

5,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Trader 100
xNotDeadYetx

Also now that I look at it again I think it looks somewhat terrible sweatdrop
I am gonna try to upload a more current drawing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas